Not able to back up saves to the cloud

Hocking_1988

Hey guys

I back up my saves on both my PS3, and PS4. I turned my PS4 on tonight and I was getting lots of notifications saying that game saves have been unable to be backed up to the cloud, I think it is because it is full up. Is there a simple alternative to backing these up? Or getting more cloud storage?

Thanks

You can also go to online storage on your ps3 and delete some old files too (not sure if you can do it on the ps4 too). You should find several with 5 mb that you are mever going back to again. Some PS4 games have 10mb save files as well...

Edited by TheYuriG

ok cool, with PS3 stuff do I just copy it straight to the USB, or do I need to create specific folders or anything?

It's worth noting that the cloud is 1gig PER system - so you get 1 gig for PS3, 1 gig for PS4 and 1 gig for PSVita.

If your getting error messages with your PS4 cloud, deleting PS3 saves WILL NOT free up room.

I just don't want you to waste time with PS3 saves, as those likely are not the issue.

The PS4 save system is broken, with some games having save files in the 100's of megs, which is criminal if Sony is only giving us 1 gig of storage. Of course, since they are winning the console war, why bother improving anything :facepalm:

Anyway, it is very easy to use a USB thumb drive for PS4 saves. I deleted all of the larger ones from the cloud, and backed them up on the USB instead.

The PS4 save system is broken, with some games having save files in the 100's of megs, which is criminal if Sony is only giving us 1 gig of storage. Of course, since they are winning the console war, why bother improving anything :facepalm:

The save for WWE '13 was over 3 GB and was also protected so there was no way to back it up to anything, which was frustrating.

Yep...I have over a gig of save data on PS4 as of right now. They really need to increase the limit with how big some of the save files are

Can I use a 1Tb external HD? Or does it have to be a usb thumb drive?

I know for sure, definitely USB. But the PS4 does have external HD support but it's for back-up only, so I assume it should work