Differences and Help thread

So I've dived into the game and can't log out I've been looking out for differences compared to the Vita version.

Better said, less visible differences than the supposedly upgraded translation.

Skills and SP

Edit of skills is weird, objectively weird... now, Sword Skills do not cost SP, rendering the SP stat pretty much useless, but they have incomparably higher cooldown. This will probably affect OSS as it will be considerably harder to spam OSS now... and also make Dual Wielding less OP against bunch of mobs due to only one AoE SS in the repertoire.

WHOLE bunch of tutorials

Seriously, almost everything in this game has a tutorial. They are made for beginners so it's not necessary to read them carefully (also, if you are using previous save, you will most likely miss a few parts of the first tutorial due to being able to kill the first boss just by auto attacking)

Implements

Implements are using updated Vita list, so they are a bit easier than the original Vita ones.

Save Data

By using the save data from the Vita version, Kirito and the group keep their levels, equipment, costumes, skills (with the exception of the esoteric ones... yea, no Nebula Raid Empress on poor 80 level monsters...). You, the player, keep all your money (or 99 999 999 if you have over 100M), and items. What does not carry over are heroines' affection levels (you start on level 3, with Strea on level 2, more in the next section), implements, completed events and CGs, completed hollow missions, hollow area points, hollow area levels, but hollow area map does carry over (with the exception of Sealed Area).

Nerfed Dating

It seems they decided the :cross::r1:  :r1: combo was too strong, they killed it. Now, the triple combo does not guarantee maximum points per one time slot, now actually the start of conversation matter (to be exact, :r1: spam is now more efficient) as only responses requiring the :cross: make use of it. Otherwise, it's :r1: spam time. 

I've experimented with a different responses to see if the old combo works and in most cases, I wasn't able to get full bar.

(also, Silica has a cute pantsu)

But the good thing is that the grind as a whole is reduced as the events give out more relationship points so the leveling is considerably easier. 

3->4 is maybe even 2 times quicker than on Vita. 4->5 is pretty much the same.

Posts with additional changes

New and updated multiplayer

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29727-differences-and-help-thread/#entry686577

Hollow Area differences

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29727-differences-and-help-thread/page-2#entry689134

Trophy tips

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29727-differences-and-help-thread/#entry696017

Complete CG guide

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29727-differences-and-help-thread/#entry956220

These are the things I've found by quickly playing through the first few hours, anyone, feel free to add something new.

Also, you can use this thread to ask questions if you wish =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I'm about 14-16 hours in (never played the Vita version) and I still don't get the difference between R1 and X for the conversations - I just have no idea what reply I should give in each situation. So far I've been using R1 almost exclusively because it's just easier than trying to figure it out.

So overall, which version would you say is better?

I will need more time to do a detailed comparison because Implements and OSS use will be the deciding factor for me probably...

So far, I would say that Vita version is leading because the Skill system is better in the Vita version.

Plus, I'm more than a beater in this game =D I'm pretty much double the levels of mobs xDD

Nice post Satoshi, does anything auto pop like 1 000 000 money and bosses cleared

Nevermind just saw you got 2% so I guess not xD

Yep, nothing auto-pops.

Also, it's 100M =D Not 1M =D I had like 93M saved so I will need a bit of grinding for that trophy =D

Nice thread Satoshi. I have a question regarding the multiplayer. The vita version only had ad-hoc right? Does this version have online mp?

Yes to both =) The MP trophies are well doable solo, but MP could work well as fun xD

Also hold L1 and L2 to manually bring up Sword Arts and then :triangle: to use them. Took me awhile to figure that out  lol

You can also press them simultaneously, that also works =)  " :triangle: USE" legend is present in the pallete menu =D

This hasn't been changed from the Vita version so I omitted it =D

I'm about 14-16 hours in (never played the Vita version) and I still don't get the difference between R1 and X for the conversations - I just have no idea what reply I should give in each situation. So far I've been using R1 almost exclusively because it's just easier than trying to figure it out.

That's why the video was added. If the notes do not appear, it is the wrong response =)

:cross: is something like mute option, I would say it's suitable for use when waifus are talking about butts or Asuna, other than that, :r1: is definitely best spamming option.

(You guys were supposed to praise my epic dating sim skills and Silica's pantsu :awesome: :awesome:)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

Lol Satoshi I just looked at the video and it just made me laugh seeing someone else doing what I do and always trying to get panty shots xD.

Satoshi question how do you get the characters to sit down? i only have Sachi and Yuuki left to get Rank 5 affection with so it does not matter too much now but curious.

If it's the same as in the vita version you just press X. If your holding hands with someone and press X near the bed or any seat, you'll both sit down.

When you playing multilplayer mode, Hollow point and Hollow Area's Progress doesn't carry over story mode.

Party Play Isn't So Bad and This Is a Game, But It Isn't Something You Play trophy can be done in Multiplayer solo mode

Gee, I wanted to grind Hollow Points in MP...

So... it means you have grind the Area 3 rank by yourself before you go hunt HNMs, right?

Also, do you happen to know if the Area rank progress is averaged among all participants or is it taken from leader?

On example, suppose I'll join your MP party, would I be able to battle HNMs because you have Area rank 3 or would it take my progress?

Satoshi question how do you get the characters to sit down? i only have Sachi and Yuuki left to get Rank 5 affection with so it does not matter too much now but curious.

It won't work with Satcchan (unless they changed it and she's allowed to teleport to Arc Sophia), but sitting is done by pressing :cross: closely to the bed/bench/chair.

You can sit while holding hands but it is not required.

Lol Satoshi I just looked at the video and it just made me laugh seeing someone else doing what I do and always trying to get panty shots xD.

:awesome:

It's a bit easier when you have that costume, though =D She has such a short skirt there she pretty much flashes panty shots even throughout walking =D

Gee, I wanted to grind Hollow Points in MP...

So... it means you have grind the Area 3 rank by yourself before you go hunt HNMs, right?

Also, do you happen to know if the Area rank progress is averaged among all participants or is it taken from leader?

On example, suppose I'll join your MP party, would I be able to battle HNMs because you have Area rank 3 or would it take my progress?

It won't work with Satcchan (unless they changed it and she's allowed to teleport to Arc Sophia), but sitting is done by pressing :cross: closely to the bed/bench/chair.

You can sit while holding hands but it is not required.

:awesome:

It's a bit easier when you have that costume, though =D She has such a short skirt there she pretty much flashes panty shots even throughout walking =D

Yeah !

The progress depend on leader. In MP, Area progress not important, you can do any mission you want.

Another diference is Underground area with 200F total (Vita version: 125F), level max increase to 300.

Edited by GVN-ThanatosII

Yeah !

The progress depend on leader. In MP, Area progress not important, you can do any mission you want.

Another diference is Underground area with 200F total (Vita version: 125F), level max increase to 300.

That's nice to know. MP might actually be useful :DDDD

Also, another thing I've realized is that the Arc Sophia's Town Square frame dropping hasn't been fixed that much...

And be careful with corners, your partners seem to be stuck fairly often. Especially in Agil's shop and close to the table in Kirito's room.

Yeah Sillica is my main partner too, and I got her "secret" costume too. Btw you said they didn't increase stats but I think they do, when I wear the attack armor I get about 50 attack, defense armor 50 defense, and the one in your video is the fourth costume which seems to balance all stats.

Oh? Could be then... I didn't particularly pay attention to waifu stats xD

They can be set to hot-keys, yeah, you just switch one of your abilities out for an item.

They can be, but... you should know that quick palette is best for skills.

Gotcha guys, thanks.

So far so good for me progression-wise. Now that I got hang of the battle system, the most recent boss fight was a breeze for me.

They can be, but... you should know that quick palette is best for skills.

Yeah, I tend to stick with abilities and use whatever items I need from my inventory. Auto-attacking makes it easy to spend a second or two in the menu on the off chance you need something.

Yeah, I tend to stick with abilities and use whatever items I need from my inventory. Auto-attacking makes it easy to spend a second or two in the menu on the off chance you need something.

Especially if you boost your auto attack speed =D

Also, I don't suggest putting items there because once you get OSS, you WILL want to have your skills quickly available =D

My 7 OSS skill allows me only once free space and that is for Eclipse because I need some non-OSS finisher =D

Another set of differences now that I've finished Hollow Area.

• Just/Exact Step/Attack seem to be easier to perform, should make the implements easier and also the normal attacking
  • OSS is a cheat =D OSS has been made so easy it hurts =D Vita version allowed you to easily chain only the skills in the recorded OSS, this time, you can pretty much chain whatever you want as easy as if it was recorded. The actual recording is still harder than performing the OSS in the field, but it's considerably easier.
  • Concealed Area (that post-game huge tower) is mapped. The 10F Underground Area (leading to the Control Area boss) was mapped as well.
  • Grand Quest is available right after the first Hollow Boss (NEBULA RAID EMPRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS) - meaning, Heroine Quests are available as well provided you finish the Grand Quest.
  • Skills, items and equipment are re-translated (NRE -> NE :/)
  • OSS implements now offer faster cooldown rather than SP conservation (this could make OSS even more OP than in the Vita version!)
Edited by Satoshi Ookami

People, post something:D I don't really like mutliposting =D

Very important difference:

You do NOT need to unlock the mission for it to be available in multiplayer. ALL possible Hollow Missions (even including Grand Quest ones!) are available for selection.

Meaning you do NOT need to grind Area levels for the HNM trophy.

Since Complete Debug is still in glitch phase, no one can confirm whether the 80 Hollow Missions need to be offline or multiplayer missions count as well (I may test it, but it would probably be pointless).

If the second option holds completing the trophy would be much easier as you wouldn't need to actively search for missions.

Multiplayer requires PS+ though you should already have PS+ if you game on the PS4.

I believe X is used as a half-hearted reply (Impressive, Well done) while R1 is agreeing or just a Nice!, That's It! kind of response; I found it easier to gain Affinity when talking to your partner in the back alley found in the Trader's Market as there is a phrase they say that leads to R1 responses which leads to filling up the Happiness easier although maxing it out doesn't seem to move the affinity meter at all so you need to fill it up to 3 and a half bars.

Note: I have never played the Vita release.

Edited by Shaun