Too Expensive

It sold well on PS4? I know it sold well on X360 and PS+ game for PS3, but PS4 for 40USD or whatever it was???

Its not 40USD.

The screenshot is not the US store. Its Aussie Dollars.

I dont know the PS4 sales, but I do know it sold well overall, and was on the top ten sales rank that the psblog puts out for quite awhile after release.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Its not 40USD.

The screenshot is not the US store. Its Aussie Dollars.

I dont know the PS4 sales, but I do know it sold well overall, and was on the top ten sales rank that the psblog puts out for quite awhile after release.

On PS3 it was much cheaper...

So dont but it.

But it obviously is not overpriced, as the game sold very well.

It is valued at what the market will bear.

It's definitely overpriced. PS4 version is 3 hours for $30 Canadian? That's pretty pricey. I got it because I liked it and I got it for pennies on PS3 in a flash sale.

This "the market will bear" is bullshit though. Consumers are getting dumber as the days go on. Look at the shit on the market right now. Buy a game with online features but having to pay Sony to access someone else's servers? Who you already paid to have that online content for? Then rabidly defend the practise?

Not to mention star wars battlefront where the actual complete game here in Canada costs $130 plus tax. These season passes where they strip content out to resell to you piece meal must be making them money if they keep doing it. Of people did what I did and spoke with their wallets it would change in a damn hurry.

It's definitely overpriced. PS4 version is 3 hours for $30 Canadian? That's pretty pricey. I got it because I liked it and I got it for pennies on PS3 in a flash sale.

This "the market will bear" is bullshit though. Consumers are getting dumber as the days go on. Look at the shit on the market right now. Buy a game with online features but having to pay Sony to access someone else's servers? Who you already paid to have that online content for? Then rabidly defend the practise?

Not to mention star wars battlefront where the actual complete game here in Canada costs $130 plus tax. These season passes where they strip content out to resell to you piece meal must be making them money if they keep doing it. Of people did what I did and spoke with their wallets it would change in a damn hurry.

That's the thing.

People rightly bitched about the Xbone before release and Microsoft completely changed it up to the point where they abandoned most of the anti consumer stuff in an effort to win back their consumer base. PS4 essentially got a free ride off of the bad publicity but is now ironically enforcing similarly shitty practices now that they're ahead. Corporations DO listen if their bottom line is affected.

That was a dlc. Brothers is a game, the two don't equate.

I don't know what that last thing meant either. GoW3 is the third part of a story. Brothers is a complete story from start to finish.

That wasn't really my point. My point was that consumers have gotten complacent and even flat out congratulatory of practices they condemned in the past.

And also GoW 3 is around a 7-8 hour game with a reasonable amount of replay value with optional challenges as well.

Brothers is a 3 hour small indie title with limited gameplay and is around the same price. Hell, you don't even need to finish it to get all of the trophies.

I shouldn't even have to explain the discrepancy here.

The market has become all too conditioned to shitty practices by now. 

The Horse Armour in Oblivion was supposed to be a warning. We all laughed at it then, but look where we are now. 

Would just like to point out the Horse Armour DLC for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain :D