Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

Naturally I ran into Squirtle for the Start Of Month Challenge. Damn it. 5K coins is shit compared to a Skill Booster L. :angry:  I would have been able to max out Heatran's LDE.

Caught Goodra on my 2nd attempt at 21%. Articuno(lvl 20/SL5) helped a lot. Already SS'ed it to Unity Power.

Didn't really want to waste much with Regice. Went in with MS and AP^. Ttar, Metagross, Charizard, and Machamp. Caught with 50% first try. Now the only Reg pokemon left for me to catch is Regigigas. :D Stage is definitely doable without items if you have a little luck.

After watching Pak's video I suggest tackling Tapu Koko with a full item run. I used Garchomp, Landorus-T(lvl 10/SL5), Donphan(lvl16), and Golurk(lvl 15/SL2)

Wrecked the stage with 16(11) moves left and caught in a pokeball at 45%. I felt Pak would have been better off using Garchomp than Camerupt tbh.

^I did use a full item run including C-1.

71K down to 45K. I'm good with 26K being used here considering I didn't throw a single Greatball. 

EDIT:

Over the past maybe 4-5 days I did nothing but Ampharos to max out Seismitoad, Dusknoir, Regirock, Origina Cap Pikachu, and got Hippowdon to lvl 7.

Current plan is to work myself back to around 70K in coins while leveling up Koko and Regice in Meowth. Once I'm done there I'll head back to Ampharos and finish out Hippowdown, Regice, and start up Registeel. That way when Regigigas makes another appearance I'll be able to have an easier time with a maxed out team. (and eventually I'll be able to start using RML's on my LDE pokemon for future events.)

EDIT2:

lol it's been a week since the new survival mode released and no one in my friend's list has been able to beat it. ? Some of these players constantly score 100K+ on the events too.

I think my next mega to work on will be Shiny Tyranitar. At only 4 it won't be long and it can act in place of Diancie/Houndoom until they're done.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

20 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I felt so cheated when my friend got 3 mega speed ups for encountering Audino in that new special stage.  I got the worst price available which is 10 hearts 1f602.png

I hear that. I have 3 jewels too but I'm not wasting them on that.

I farmed Goodra until SL2 though. I'm grinding Ampharos's stage to get Goodra to level 10 before attempting that Charizard X comp.

The scores are up in the 800,000 range. It's friggin nuts.

29 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I hear that. I have 3 jewels too but I'm not wasting them on that.

I farmed Goodra until SL2 though. I'm grinding Ampharos's stage to get Goodra to level 10 before attempting that Charizard X comp.

The scores are up in the 800,000 range. It's friggin nuts.

Who are you going to use as mega? Since Goodra will be supporting pokemon do you think Rayquaza is still the best option available. I have a level 17 Azulmarril with Risk taker.

Just now, Aexuz said:

Who are you going to use as mega? Since Goodra will be supporting pokemon do you think Rayquaza is still the best option available. I have a level 17 Azulmarril with Risk taker.

The mega right now is stumping me.

I'm seeing a few good scores with Gengar, Tyranitar, and Aggron. However, I have shit luck so I can't count on tappers like others can and I'm not ready to do a 2nd item run on this one. As far as tappers go? I would be using Shiny Rayquaza as it evolves way faster than the other 2.  I don't see many people reporting scores with Rayquaza tbh.

I'm going to use my god mode Articuno. I thought about using Dragonite with Goodra but I feel like I might do better with burst damage. I'm still on the fence. Gonna be a couple days before I get Goodra to level 10.

• Like 1

@Aexuz

Do the Top 5 look suspicious to you? 4 of them over 900K using a full team? 

For a more accurate representation I guess, scroll down to the sample scores. Mix of Gengar and tapper megas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/6r28ko/mega_charizard_x_competition_guide_and_discussion/?sort=new

^I hope that helps you in your decision. I'm thinking about Aggron over S-Rayquaza for the extra tap...but damn I want to try Gengar so bad.

Oh and in other, not surprising, news.

I MISSED THE SECOND PRIZE BRACKET BY 35 GODDAMN SPOTS!

I came in 2035 overall. :angry: Because god forbid I make into the 2nd prize bracket for what? First time? Second time? Ever? Pffttttt.

EDIT:

Nvm the crossed out bit. For some reason I was unaware that when you use C-1 it still keeps your 4th slot pokemon shown. The ones with only 3 just removed the icon. 

On 8/8/2017 at 6:49 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Aexuz

Thoughts on Pak stepping away from the game? His video came out and almost immediately got a thread, 2 threads actually, on the subreddit.

That was unexpected. Always used his videos as a reference for the main stages :( I can understand why he's leaving the game though. With so many updates is really hard to keep up with the game. Is like the game is forcing you more and more to spend cash on it if you want to be on time for everything. All that plus the time he has to spend editing the content for youtube must be really stressing and tiring I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

That was unexpected. Always used his videos as a reference for the main stages :( I can understand why he's leaving the game though. With so many updates is really hard to keep up with the game. Is like the game is forcing you more and more to spend cash on it if you want to be on time for everything. All that plus the time he has to spend editing the content for youtube must be really stressing and tiring I think.

I did too. Main stages will take me twice as long now since I'll be using more hearts to figure out which lineup is going to be best. The text guides on reddit aren't all that great imo.

The game is like anime/manga. There's not enough content for the anime to keep going so it pushes out filler crap like the constant stream of new pikachu icons lol.

24 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

If you ever wondered who was that unlucky guy in the ranking 1f601.png

Reveal hidden contents

64ymfbl.png?1

Will edit my post because I'm sure the only way to see what's in your spoiler is to quote it and post it otherwise it won't work. (the spoiler tags are broken in some cases.)

EDIT:

I was right. It fixed it.

And also, I think I would have tossed my phone into Mount Doom. 

Who are you using your MSU's on? Since I just maxed out Shiny-Tyranitar I'm going to work on Steelix. I should have chosen Alakazam because it can target Rocks as well, but I didn't lol. :facepalm::dunno: 

17 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Will edit my post because I'm sure the only way to see what's in your spoiler is to quote it and post it otherwise it won't work. (the spoiler tags are broken in some cases.)

EDIT:

I was right. It fixed it.

And also, I think I would have tossed my phone into Mount Doom. 

Who are you using your MSU's on? Since I just maxed out Shiny-Tyranitar I'm going to work on Steelix. I should have chosen Alakazam because it can target Rocks as well, but I didn't lol. :facepalm::dunno: 

Not sure yet. I have 22 mega speed ups but not certain about which pokemon to max next.

Just now, Aexuz said:

Not sure yet. I have 22 mega speed ups but not certain about which pokemon to max next.

:jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: 

Now that my jaw is off the floor...

I saw more than a few people fall in love with Heracross. With MB+ and fully maxed it can evolve in 1 move.

Shiny Ttar is a good choice for eating barriers. It needs 8 icons fully maxed, but Diancie can evolve in 1 move as well when fully maxed and swapped to MB+.

Alakazam is good for eating Rocks/Blocks.

This is my list so far for anything, of relevance, with MSU's. It might help you if you need to make a decision.

MMY maxed

MMX maxed. Great fighting mega that needs 6 icons to evolve.

Rayquaza maxed.

Garchomp maxed. Only because I had invested a lot in him before Camerupt was available. 10 icons so it is faster but maybe not as useful in today's shuffle.

Shiny Tyranitar maxed. 8 icons to evolve and is a barrier eater. Good quick substitute for Houndoom and Diancie.

Tyranitar maxed.

Shiny Rayquaza maxed.

Beedrill maxed.

Red Gyarados maxed

Aggron maxed

Steelix 3/11. Still don't know why I went with him over Alakazam lol. I am going to do both anyways though.

Gengar maxed

Ampharos maxed. Actually comes in handy with Mega Boost swapped in. 

57 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

:jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: :jaymon: 

Now that my jaw is off the floor...

I saw more than a few people fall in love with Heracross. With MB+ and fully maxed it can evolve in 1 move.

Shiny Ttar is a good choice for eating barriers. It needs 8 icons fully maxed, but Diancie can evolve in 1 move as well when fully maxed and swapped to MB+.

Alakazam is good for eating Rocks/Blocks.

This is my list so far for anything, of relevance, with MSU's. It might help you if you need to make a decision.

MMY maxed

MMX maxed. Great fighting mega that needs 6 icons to evolve.

Rayquaza maxed.

Garchomp maxed. Only because I had invested a lot in him before Camerupt was available. 10 icons so it is faster but maybe not as useful in today's shuffle.

Shiny Tyranitar maxed. 8 icons to evolve and is a barrier eater. Good quick substitute for Houndoom and Diancie.

Tyranitar maxed.

Shiny Rayquaza maxed.

Beedrill maxed.

Red Gyarados maxed

Aggron maxed

Steelix 3/11. Still don't know why I went with him over Alakazam lol. I am going to do both anyways though.

Gengar maxed

Ampharos maxed. Actually comes in handy with Mega Boost swapped in. 

I have maxed out the ones in bold plus Salamance so that left me with:

- MMX

-S-Tyranitar

-S-Rayquaza

- Steelix

- Ampharos

- Diancie

- Alakazam

5 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I have maxed out the ones in bold plus Salamance so that left me with:

- MMX

-S-Tyranitar

-S-Rayquaza

- Steelix

- Ampharos

- Diancie

- Alakazam

MMX has come in handy a lot for me. The only time he failed me hard was Ditto and that's understandable.

S-Tyranitar is new and untested, but I've used MS Diancie/Houndoom so I'm hoping for good results.

S-Rayquaza has helped me greatly in S-ranking some grass and bug stages itemless. 

Steelix is untested, but it can't hurt to have a block eater. Alakazam is probably a better option though.

Ampharos is mainly because Water stages are by far the HARDEST stages in the game since there are NO good megas available. I don't trust Sceptile most times and with some good electric support pokemon he falls short. Whereas grass has Shaymin and sometimes Tangela with Sleep Combo to help out.

The big thing is, the game is at a dead end. There's ONE pokemon without a mega as of right now and that is Pinsir. That's probably why shiny versions are being slowly given to us.

Not to mention with the route the game is going down? Speedups will start becoming less and less useful as you're going to need a mega start anyways for some itemless runs.

For example, the new Salamence stage? Sped up Tyranitar ain't shit when you have 4 moves to get an S-rank. Ampharos ain't shit. No mega can help you S-rank that stage itemless. I did FOUR ITEM RUNS with MS, DD, +5 and failed each of them. That's why a few of the veterans are leaving the game from what I've been reading.

10 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

@Aexuz

Don't know how far into the safari you are, but Drampa's stage starts out with barriers in an upside down V formation. (reverse M-Glalie) Guess you could call it an arrow. :dunno: 

Not worth a damn GB either. 60 base power with BS+. <_< was hoping for something a bit better.

Capture him a few minutes ago. I used the free 15 minutes trial from the special shop to save time. 68% with greatball.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:52 PM, Aexuz said:

Capture him a few minutes ago. I used the free 15 minutes trial from the special shop to save time. 68% with greatball.

Did you do any Dusknoir farming yesterday? I managed to get mine to SL3 before going to sleep. If you hadn't told me that there was a free 15 minute trial I never would have gotten that far. :D 

Got some nice coin counts today. Really needed it since Hippowdon basically required a C-1 to S-rank.

8500, 5300, 6000, 9700

Also made a decent dent in the Expert Stages. I went from needing 15 to needing 8. (including Dugtrio even though I haven't unlocked that stage yet)

EDIT:

And not a half hour later I'm broke again. :awesome: Stage 618, Grotle, has 35K hp so I wasn't screwing around with it and threw a C-1 at it with Gengar, Lugia, and Braviary. Threw a GB at 96% SCR because I never want to go back to that stage again lol. Stage before it required 2 small item runs. -_- Also managed to S-rank 619 with just a +5 and DD. MMX evolving in 6 icons saved me. Got the S-rank on the last move. All I have left is to S-rank the mega stage and catch Cryogonal. <_< 

@Aexuz 

I put so much work into MMX and they just ripped him away. ? 

The new Shiny MMX takes 3 MSU and evolves in 9 icons when maxed. Gengar effect.

Shiny Diancie EB will max out the Shiny MMX though.

EDIT:

I got lucky. Managed to beat Regigigas on the first day itemless and caught it in a GB at 67%. Less coins than an item run and pokeball would have been.

Shiny MMX maxed out on MSU already.

In the Expert Stages I've caught everything up to 43 and I've caught 45(Mantine). So Electrode, Ninjask, Jumpluff, Samurott, Rapidash, Serperior, and Dugtrio left. :D 

EDIT2:

lol just caught Electrode in a pokeball at 33%. :o 

EDIT3: 

Ninjask caught in a 25% pokeball. Jumpluff is tough I ended up chucking 2 GB at it at a 48% SCR.

EDIT4:

Samurott required another GB lol. 3 more left though. Another jewel at weekend meowth and some luck and I'll have all 50 expert stages done. :D 

EDIT5:

Dugtrio in a pokeball at 1%. :jaymon: Serperior's stage is bullshit. Rapidash takes a shit ton of luck but I'm able to beat it with a lucky string of Ash-Greninja's.

EDIT6:

lol I know. Nobody is reading. Threw a GB at Rapidash at 46% SCR. When it failed I decided not to waste another. Few hearts later it jumped to 54 or 56% and 1 GB did the job. Just Serperior's stage left...and I can't even beat it. -_- 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Been about a year and a half since I posted...

But I did it...it's finally over. The nightmare is at an end.

tELogtf.png

Wow, did you captured all the Pokemon and beat the game completely? Congratulations, I remember having trouble in this game against legendary and final evolution starters.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:40 AM, TheVader66 said:

Wow, did you captured all the Pokemon and beat the game completely? Congratulations, I remember having trouble in this game against legendary and final evolution starters.

Yup. T^T All pokemon, Survival Mode, 700 S-ranks for all the Expert Stages, and then all 700 UX stages. 

It felt better obtaining the Black Card than any plat lmfao.

The only thing left I want to do is have a high score reach over a million. 

• Like 1