Spin the Wheel (Assigned Games now Posted!)

Hi guys i just wanted to point out that there's less than a week left before the event finish.

I've been pretty busy with things that I haven't even attempted to try the DLC for my game. The completionist in me will eventually get it, but the procrastinator in me, knows it won't be in time for this competition. I had fun in this event. Played a game I was going to anyway but I never had the intent to write a guide or review for a game before. That got me out of my shell and have jumped from like 40 posts up to almost 200 over the last month or so.

Thanks Salt for putting this together and good luck to everyone that is still trying to compete in this contest (seems just me and Pese at this point).

• Like 1

Echo my thanks to Saltyie for this event too.

I am only 20 percent into godfather 2 and have enjoyed it so far. It's a fun little game that I would never played if it wasn't for this. It reminds me a lot of sleeping dogs.

Having started to play games seriously this year and predominantly on ps4 it is really good for me to see the evolution of games from PS3. If anything it amazes me how much better some older PS3 games are than some of the new stuff being released.

Congrats to Couch and Pese, been fun to watch you guys work through your games and look forward to playing with you / against you in the future :)

Having started to play games seriously this year and predominantly on ps4 it is really good for me to see the evolution of games from PS3. If anything it amazes me how much better some older PS3 games are than some of the new stuff being released.

Same for me. I bought a PS4 on May 2015 and I played it alot for over 3months but recently i bought about 20ps3 games and I'm starting to see how good they are even if they are 3-4. One example is Spec Ops: The Line that i will plat soon in my 1st account ;D

Nice job Pese, I think I got very lucky when I played it, no real glitches only issue was continually getting dropped from the co op challenges.

My best glitch so far happened the other day was playing Dragon Age Inquisiton and enter a house that had a mad sheep stuck in the roof ......... To funny :)

Yeah ask madbuk how many times we had to restart co-op missions because i got stuck on walls and other stuff.. At least i didn't pay full price for it.

I lost my vita charger lol I'm screwed

Nice competition though :)

Man.. that's really unlucky :/ is it expensive to get a new one? I Hope not! Anyway tomorrow the event will finish. I can't wait for the winner to be announced  :popcorn:. I don't wanna sound greedy but i think it will be someone between me and the_couchster. Either way it was fun to play an AC after years and to get plat on it. Also doing a trophy guide for it has been a blast!  See you tomorrow  :wave:  and good luck to everyone.

Also thanking Salt for putting a nice competition together. Honestly, I would have gone for the plat, but after attempting to play MGS 3, it isn't really up my alley as far as enjoyable games. I'll get back to it at some point, but it turns out I am not a big fan of MGS. This was a great experience though.

Congrats to all the participants and all the winners.

Also thanking Salt for putting a nice competition together. Honestly, I would have gone for the plat, but after attempting to play MGS 3, it isn't really up my alley as far as enjoyable games. I'll get back to it at some point, but it turns out I am not a big fan of MGS. This was a great experience though.

Congrats to all the participants and all the winners.

:blink: You don't like Metal Gear? Say whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt? lol Never heard anyone say that before. Have you played the first one or just thrown into Snake Eater? I love me some MGS. I've fallen off the bandwagon and need to get through 4 still plus all others that have come out since then but 1 & 2 will always be at the top for Favorite PS1 and PS2 games.

Salt....It's been a while since we heard from you? Is this event ending tomorrow...Are we voting for MVP or hardest game then or has that already been decided?

:blink: You don't like Metal Gear? Say whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt? lol Never heard anyone say that before. Have you played the first one or just thrown into Snake Eater? I love me some MGS. I've fallen off the bandwagon and need to get through 4 still plus all others that have come out since then but 1 & 2 will always be at the top for Favorite PS1 and PS2 games.

Salt....It's been a while since we heard from you? Is this event ending tomorrow...Are we voting for MVP or hardest game then or has that already been decided?

To be fair, I was just thrown into snake eater, and dabbled in MGS V: Ground Zeroes.

Sorry for being absent during the final days of the comp, I've been pretty busy with work and games to even post regularly on PSNP! Sadly I didn't make it past act one in Vanquish, even I'm disappointed in myself. I won't discard it though, I'll definitely keep at it until I've got the coveted plat.

Regarding points, I'm discarding the hardest game category this time, considering Pese and Couch were the only people to make it through their game till platinum and their games weren't insanely difficult or taxing to warrant an extra 10 points. Also, while we could do an MVP vote, the winner has more than a 5 points lead to make it so they've won whoever gets the MVP award, so I'll leave that this time around too. 

I was disapointed by the lack of participation, some people gave up, and some people barely played their game (me for instance!). If I ever host another iteration of Spin the Wheel, it won't be for a few months, and will definitely undergoe a large restructuring to differentiate itself more from PSNPs thriving event section. 

To be fair, I was just thrown into snake eater, and dabbled in MGS V: Ground Zeroes.

Snake Eater is the first game in the series on the timeline of events, and can be taken as a standalone story in itself, which is probably why it's my favourite game in the series. I started it on my profile and platinumed it in a few days, and it still has the best ending I've ever seen, it's amazing to see the transition Snake goes on through the game. I'd recommend you stick with it, atleast until the story starts to pick up, but at the end it's your decision.

Hi Saltyie, good to see you again! I'll quote a post that I sent but that never got an answer. if you don't mind replying to it I would be thankful :awesome:

Thanks. So when does this event end Salt?

The event should finish on middle October. I'll take the opportunity and ask a question that I always wanted to ask:

players with the most points will be rewarded with a PSN top up valued at £20.

Does that mean multiple winners?

Also, while we could do an MVP vote, the winner has more than a 5 points lead to make it so they've won whoever gets the MVP award, so I'll leave that this time around too.

That means no MVP? :( I even did a compilation to try and win it. Well that's still ok :) Edited by Winston

Sorry for being absent during the final days of the comp, I've been pretty busy with work and games to even post regularly on PSNP! Sadly I didn't make it past act one in Vanquish, even I'm disappointed in myself. I won't discard it though, I'll definitely keep at it until I've got the coveted plat.

It's such a good feeling when you get the plat on that game. That final challenge is a beast. So is today the day we find out the WINNER!?

Edited by the_couchster
  • Like 1

It's such a good feeling when you get the plat on that game. That final challenge is a beast. So is today the day we find out the WINNER!?

Yes 9pm if I'm not wrong :)

EDIT:

You all have until Thursday 15th October at 20:30pm (UK time) to play your assigned games, exactly six weeks.

Edited by Winston

I lost my vita charger lol I'm screwed

Nice competition though :)

You don't need a vita charger, It's just a regular adapter that controls the charge through a Micro usb cable. When I visit the In-laws I use her phone charger on the PC as it works just fine. Haven't had a problem in a year. You can pick those cables up cheap on amazon.

Micro USB cable: 7$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NH124VM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1444915638&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40&keywords=usb+to+micro+usb+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=41RaXlVr1PL&ref=plSrch

Or buy the replacement charger for 10-20$ If yours isn't a 2000 model

Edited by TigressLion

Regarding points, I'm discarding the hardest game category this time, considering Pese and Couch were the only people to make it through their game till platinum and their games weren't insanely difficult or taxing to warrant an extra 10 points. Also, while we could do an MVP vote, the winner has more than a 5 points lead to make it so they've won whoever gets the MVP award, so I'll leave that this time around too. 

I was disapointed by the lack of participation, some people gave up, and some people barely played their game (me for instance!). If I ever host another iteration of Spin the Wheel, it won't be for a few months, and will definitely undergoe a large restructuring to differentiate itself more from PSNPs thriving event section. 

Snake Eater is the first game in the series on the timeline of events, and can be taken as a standalone story in itself, which is probably why it's my favourite game in the series. I started it on my profile and platinumed it in a few days, and it still has the best ending I've ever seen, it's amazing to see the transition Snake goes on through the game. I'd recommend you stick with it, atleast until the story starts to pick up, but at the end it's your decision.

I might go back to it at some point. I know it is a highly renowned series. I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe when the story picks up...

Sorry for being an hour late, but the maiden voyage of Spin the Wheel is over! I've already discussed my feelings on how the first iteration of the event went earlier, so let's cut to the winnings eh?

9th place - HcG ClawZ

8th place - Wizard

7th place - EpicNogg4

6th place - ShogunCroCrop

5th place - CJshaitan

4th place - zorba-da-greek

3rd place - lumphy101

2nd place - The-Couchster

1st place - Pese-97!

So there we have it, 5th-3rd place was very close, a few more points and the places would have restructured. Couch and Pese were the most prominent players in the event, but Pese managed to pull through in the end, and will win a psn card worth £20 as a result! For second place, I'll giveaway a lifetime PSNP premium membership (or a psn card of equal value) to couch for coming in second place, so he can pick someone to give premium membership to if he chooses (since he already has some ;) ). I'll be in contact with the winners tommorow about prizes, and they will hopefully be dispersed over the weekend. Thanks for taking part everyone! If we ever see Spin the Wheel again, I'll have restructured it, so take this iteration as a learning curve.

Cheers!

• Like 2

3rd place - lumphy101

1st place - Pese-97!

Omg I actually won an event :o will I get a spot on the PSNP Hall Of Fame :awesome: :https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29566-psnp-hall-of-fame/?fromsearch=1

Anyway I wanna say thanks to you Saltyie for creating this event, gettin' some variety of "trophy hunting" is always cool! If you ever gonna decide to do another event like this, trust me, you'll have all the support from me! With that being said i also wanna say thanks to everyone participating even the guy that got banned lol. Have a nice day!

• Like 2

Sorry for being an hour late, but the maiden voyage of Spin the Wheel is over! I've already discussed my feelings on how the first iteration of the event went earlier, so let's cut to the winnings eh?

9th place - HcG ClawZ

8th place - Wizard

7th place - EpicNogg4

6th place - ShogunCroCrop

5th place - CJshaitan

4th place - zorba-da-greek

3rd place - lumphy101

1st place - Pese-97!

So there we have it, 5th-3rd place was very close, a few more points and the places would have restructured. Couch and Pese were the most prominent players in the event, but Pese managed to pull through in the end, and will win a psn card worth £20 as a result! For second place, I'll giveaway a lifetime PSNP premium membership (or a psn card of equal value) to couch for coming in second place, so he can pick someone to give premium membership to if he chooses (since he already has some ;) ). I'll be in contact with the winners tommorow about prizes, and they will hopefully be dispersed over the weekend. Thanks for taking part everyone! If we ever see Spin the Wheel again, I'll have restructured it, so take this iteration as a learning curve.

Cheers!

Congrats Pese. You definitely deserved it imo. You damn near flew through 50 some odd hours. I'm looking forward to the next one Saltyie and this time, I'll finish the freaking DLC for it. Had a blast. 

• Like 1