Need gaming help in complicated situation, please! - preferably in person (Manchester, UK)- no account sharing.

Trialia_X

The topic title would have been much too long had I tried to explain my situation there, so I can but hope people who can help me will read this. Thanks, if you are!

I bought a secondhand Vita last week from Entertainment Trader. The guy who sold it to me said it had been fully formatted & emptied. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the previous owner's trophies had been left on the default account and would be imported to mine - this is the first Vita I've had, and I wasn't familiar with that particular quirk of function.

Anyway, they were and they have been. They're now on my account, can't be deleted, and will affect my percentage and completion rates here basically forever, unless I can find help to complete them, because I don't own any of the games in question - and there's only one of the lot that I'd even want to have (Lego Batman 2).

I won't share my account login or anything like that, but I'm willing to let local gamers play on my Vita (preferably at my place & in my presence, since I don't really know any of you) and recompense you in kind in some way - play a PS3 game for you that you don't own to give you 100% on your profile, perhaps? Or if I can afford it, give you half of the price to get a secondhand physical copy of one (or more) of the games I need your help with, if you don't own it & want to, or something like that. Otherwise, I'm a web & graphic designer, I make jewellery, I've a few games I want to pass on & some book duplicates... whatever, more or less anything *but* anything specifically personal, we can work it out. :)

The games are as follows (all Vita-only unless marked otherwise):

Army Corps of Hell

Borderlands 2 (PS3/Vita)

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Resistance: Burning Skies

WRC 3

Unit 13

If anyone can help, please let me know here! Thanks in advance to anyone who can :)

Edited by Trialia_X

For whoever is going to help trialia with this, me and rachp13 are able to help powerleveling on borderlands 2. I also can help with the online for unit 13 and NFS: MW.

Edit: On the vita version I have almost a hundred of golden keys, so purple equipment won't be a problem.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

About Army Corps of Hell: I noticed in your profile that you have 0% on this game. Since a few months, you are allowed to delete games with a 0% completion. All you'll need is a smartphone and the Playstation App. You have many 0%s so I hope this helps a lot.

Moreover, half of these games are not showing on your profile via this site? What da.. Explain please. You may be able to delete some as well.

Also, If you haven't started yet playing ANY game, you better format your vita and your memory card as well. You can find out how to do this somewhere in the settings. There is an alternate way to do this stuff as well. Google is your friend.

Specifically. Borderlands 2 is a fun and not very difficult game. Try it. Modnation racers sucks a bit. And trophy wise, it sucks a lot. Lego batman is a short and simple game, as every lego game. For the rest, I can't talk much.

P.S.: Why do you offer all this help and money? You can do most games alone, ignore some, delete some etc etc. I hope I helped.

what about all the other 80+ games? you need help with those? :facepalm:

*laughs* Not generally. I just like to install my games so I can compare trophy lists with others' profiles using games I've actually got, even if I haven't started them yet. Also I can't always use my hands, which tends to hamper me in terms of how quickly I can finish things up. In case you wondered...

Sorry to hear that, really annoying :(

I would however suggest a possible solution, albeit a little quirky, but... no, it's in fact easier than your circus.

0% trophy lists can actually be removed, but only from a PS4. Or so I heard at least. So go look up someone with a PS4, make an account on the machine, register you PSN ID there, sync the trophies, and then delete whatever 0% lists you want. Don't forget to deactivate your PSN ID on that PS4 afterwards. And delete that account.

In the next step you have to be really careful. Your trophy list is still on your Vita. If you sync that again, the trophy lists will get back. You have to delete the trophies on your Vita. To get rid of them, you have to restore it to factory default. To be sure, format the memory card again. And make another restore. To be dead sure, check the trophy list on the Vita without being connected to Internet.

This is how I've been told to get rid of 0% trophy lists for good. I don't have a PS4 so I cannot verify.

If you however get a single trophy on a list, you are stuck with that forever.

In which case I own Unit 13 and NFS:MW. Not going to your place, but I can help with some online stuff. And you help me, since I will probably need that. Perhaps. Maybe. They are very far down on my playlist :(

Addition:

ninjad.

About Army Corps of Hell: I noticed in your profile that you have 0% on this game. Since a few months, you are allowed to delete games with a 0% completion. All you'll need is a smartphone and the Playstation App. You have many 0%s so I hope this helps a lot.

Well, I'll be damned! Didn't know that. Finally I can get rid of some crap that has bothered me since day one. Thank you very much!

Edited by Guenter_G
  • Like 1

How so? I haven't been able to find any option for that on my PS app. Maybe I need to upgrade it.

Moreover, half of these games are not showing on your profile via this site? What da.. Explain please. You may be able to delete some as well.

Hid them on my Vita. Can't find an option to delete them though and if I can't get them off my profile without making a new one & they'll remain there incomplete, they'll bug me as long as they do.

Also, If you haven't started yet playing ANY game, you better format your vita and your memory card as well. You can find out how to do this somewhere in the settings. There is an alternate way to do this stuff as well. Google is your friend.

I've been googling damn near incessantly since it happened =/ I haven't yet found a way to do this. If you say you know there is one, do you know where you found it? I formatted everything, but it had already sync'd with my PSN profile by then. Unfortunately.

Specifically. Borderlands 2 is a fun and not very difficult game. Try it. Modnation racers sucks a bit. And trophy wise, it sucks a lot. Lego batman is a short and simple game, as every lego game. For the rest, I can't talk much.

The Lego game I might get. It's the only one that really interests me, to be frank. I never did like racing/shooting/zombie games, but I don't know that much about Borderlands I suppose.

P.S.: Why do you offer all this help and money? You can do most games alone, ignore some, delete some etc etc. I hope I helped.

Can't ignore. OCD, unfortunately, won't let me. My brain likes certain numbers... it can get pretty frustrating sometimes. That's why my 0% ones don't bother me *as* much, but a lot of the others are begun, and they do. As for the rest, check my profile: I'm severely disabled. I can't always play, can't always type, & to try to get this lot cleared away by myself, especially when they're games I don't even own & generally don't want to own, would add an extra helping of "forever" to the amount of time it's going to take me to get through my backlog as is.

Does that help?

• Like 1

I can confirm you can delete trophies via the Playstation App using a smartphone.

Also, to format everything, you can try safe mode which triggers if you press and hold R + PS + ON/OFF buttons. There will be many option there. You better format everything.

And an important tip for starters. Vita has numerous issues. You should backup you save files to you pc or ps+ very often.

• Like 1

... 0% trophy lists can actually be removed, but only from a PS4. Or so I heard at least. So go look up someone with a PS4, make an account on the machine, register you PSN ID there, sync the trophies, and then delete whatever 0% lists you want. Don't forget to deactivate your PSN ID on that PS4 afterwards. And delete that account.

In the next step you have to be really careful. Your trophy list is still on your Vita. If you sync that again, the trophy lists will get back. You have to delete the trophies on your Vita. To get rid of them, you have to restore it to factory default. To be sure, format the memory card again. And make another restore. To be dead sure, check the trophy list on the Vita without being connected to Internet.

This is how I've been told to get rid of 0% trophy lists for good. I don't have a PS4 so I cannot verify. ...

Hmm, thank you! I guess I'll have to ask around my friends to see if any of them have a PS4. But thanks for that. That'll handle a few of them. Down to Borderlands 2 (1%), ModNation Racers (13%), NFS:MW (40%), Resistance: Burning Skies (7%), and Unit 13 (4%), then. Well, at least that'll be 3 out of 8 dealt with. It's a start. And thank you for the offer of MP help. I've never been a damn bit of good at shooting games - seems odd as I was a tourney champ at fighting ones.

Deleting the games from the trophy list is only an option if there are no trophies earned, otherwise you're stuck with it.

Also, isn't wanting someone to play the games for him on his Vita against Sony's TOS or am I mistaken?

Game sharing is against the TOS, but I don't think Sony can moderate or do much against someone playing your Vita for you.  It's just like going round someone's house and passing the controller back and forth.

It's a shame in this instance that share play isn't on the Vita, like it is on the PS4.

Deleting the games from the trophy list is only an option if there are no trophies earned, otherwise you're stuck with it.

Also, isn't wanting someone to play the games for him on his Vita against Sony's TOS or am I mistaken?

I'm pretty sure it's not, if I don't give them my password or login details or let someone play on my account out of my presence. That's why I asked for help in person. Also, I'm female...

The topic title would have been much too long had I tried to explain my situation there, so I can but hope people who can help me will read this. Thanks, if you are!

I bought a secondhand Vita last week from Entertainment Trader. The guy who sold it to me said it had been fully formatted & emptied. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the previous owner's trophies had been left on the default account and would be imported to mine - this is the first Vita I've had, and I wasn't familiar with that particular quirk of function.

Anyway, they were and they have been. They're now on my account, can't be deleted, and will affect my percentage and completion rates here basically forever, unless I can find help to complete them, because I don't own any of the games in question - and there's only one of the lot that I'd even want to have (Lego Batman 2).

I won't share my account login or anything like that, but I'm willing to let local gamers play on my Vita (preferably at my place & in my presence, since I don't really know any of you) and recompense you in kind in some way - play a PS3 game for you that you don't own to give you 100% on your profile, perhaps? Or if I can afford it, give you half of the price to get a secondhand physical copy of one (or more) of the games I need your help with, if you don't own it & want to, or something like that. Otherwise, I'm a web & graphic designer, I make jewellery, I've a few games I want to pass on & some book duplicates... whatever, more or less anything *but* anything specifically personal, we can work it out. :)

The games are as follows (all Vita-only unless marked otherwise):

Army Corps of Hell

Borderlands 2 (PS3/Vita)

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Resistance: Burning Skies

WRC 3

Unit 13

If anyone can help, please let me know here! Thanks in advance to anyone who can :)

Borderlands 2 shares a trophy list with the PS3 version, its dirt cheap on ps3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-2-PS3BORDERLANDS2-Borderlands-PS3/dp/B005FUP0JG/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1441234751&sr=8-1&keywords=borderlands+2

If you got a headset or skype, I'll plat the game for you you just have to follow me, should be easy, just talk to me and keep me entertained :P. I'm sure I could grab a party if need be.

• Like 1

Game sharing is against the TOS, but I don't think Sony can moderate or do much against someone playing your Vita for you.  It's just like going round someone's house and passing the controller back and forth.

It's a shame in this instance that share play isn't on the Vita, like it is on the PS4.

Yeah, I know game sharing is but what the OP is wanting doesn't seem that different than what some of the top people on the leaderboards keep getting accused of is why I asked.

Of course since the PS4 has that share play feature there's no telling if Sony would even care anymore even if it was against their TOS originally. 

Edited by ScutumMagister

Borderlands 2 shares a trophy list with the PS3 version, its dirt cheap on ps3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-2-PS3BORDERLANDS2-Borderlands-PS3/dp/B005FUP0JG/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1441234751&sr=8-1&keywords=borderlands+2

If you got a headset or skype, I'll plat the game for you you just have to follow me, should be easy, just talk to me and keep me entertained :P. I'm sure I could grab a party if need be.

I'd be up for a Borderlands 2 PS3 party ^_^  Me and my Siren kick some butt!

And Buu, it synced before I realised his data was still on it - I'd been assured it was formatted, but I didn't know trophy data could be left on the Vita without an account linked to it already until I'd been landed with it. I haven't had or played a Vita before.

Rach, I think I missed that one.

I think - luckily - I have come to an arrangement with someone comparatively local who's been PMing me. So thank you all; I may still take advantage of the offers of MP assistance, if ze feels ze could do with it, and I'll go delete the 0% ones in whatever way I can manage.

Thanks to everyone who's replied to the topic!

Edited by Trialia_X