PSN/PS store suspended in South Korea

Lady Lilith

Can't really blame Sony, that's a pretty idiotic law and I'm not sure how Sony plans to get around it.

Parker

Gotta feel for those guys, I could not imagine life without the PS Store. No DLC, no PSN games, no digital Vita games :o

Gotta feel for those guys, I could not imagine life without the PS Store. No DLC, no PSN games, no digital Vita games :o

You would be surprised at the large number of countries without store access. It's not just the poor who are restricted by it either, Brazil only got the store last year and economically they are richer than the United Kingdom. It's one of the reasons why the Xbox has dominated this generation in terms of console sales.

You would be surprised at the large number of countries without store access. It's not just the poor who are restricted by it either, Brazil only got the store last year and economically they are richer than the United Kingdom. It's one of the reasons why the Xbox has dominated this generation in terms of console sales.

Wow, I guess I would say so. That makes feels sad for most of the world then! :D

I wouldn't say the 360 has dominated this generation. The Wii, sure, but it really isn't in competition with Sony, but the 360 had a year head start and everyone knows the countless failures of the early 360's which led to people buying multiple consoles and sales numbers being inflated. Yes the PS3 did get off the a very slow start, but being released a year later, at a much higher price tag that should have been expected. The PS3 has been catching up the the 360 in terms of overall sales so I definitely wouldn't call it dominated.

Parker

• Like 1

I have a PSN friend in Gyeonggi, around Seoul I think, and while this is true, I think he is using either a Hongkong or US account because I still see him online.

I don't see any reason why they should be worried, all they need to do is to create different regional accounts. It's just that they can't buy Korean versions of games anymore due to DLC from their own store.