• Israel
    • Italy
    • Turkey
    • Lithuania
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Russia
    • Serbia
    • Other (Estonia, Netherlands, Latvia, Ukraine, Macedonia)

So guys today starts 39th European Basketball Championship. Group stage will be held in 4 countries - France, Croatia, Germany and Latvia, while knock-out phase will be held on football stadium in Lille. So what are your expectations about this tournament? Who are your favorites? Who will win (Spain, defending champion France, Serbia, Greece?), who could be possible surprise etc..

My personal favorite is Serbia  :D  but there are also other good teams, so you never know  ;)

Edited by whyfire
  • Like 1

Oh I'm excited. Especially for the start today in Croatia. Croatia - Slovenia, after the last months of some more border disputes and Slovenian fans coming in force ... should be either very interesting or very anti-climactic, it could go either way :D Sad I wont be at the match, EuroBasket is an amazing experience, especially when you go and suport your national team.

But my personal favourite wouldn't be Serbia. They're close, could easily come to the semi finals, but I wouldn't say they were the main favourites for the title. Slovenia played two preparation matches with them and I didn't see an amazing Serbia. Although I saw a good Slovenia, which surprised me. At the end, even Slovenia might surprise and get to the semi-finals. But I'll be optimistic and say Slovenia will get the 5th place (again). And my favourites for the title would be France or Lithuania. I'm gonna vote Lithuania, because they bring it every EuroBasket and I doubt this championship will be any different.

• Like 1