Hiding trophies does not affect my trophy level at PSN !?

A7-Homaz

Hey guys,

I want to say goodbye to trophy hunting, because I don't want to play crappy games anymore and want to use my time for better games/things.

Therefore, I deleted 113 of my 213 platins to get a sweet looking number of 100 platins in total.

Here on PSNP, my profile looks like I want it to, but when I am checking my profile with any of my Playstation consoles, I am still level 51 with 213 platins.

Am I missing something? Is there a possibility to affect my level at the real PSN or does it only affect it here on PSNP? I considered simply not showing any of my trophies, but it just looks ugly IMO.^^

I appreciate any help. 

Greets.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Because your trophies on your console are ALL shown to you, not the specific ones you hide.

Basically to you it'll show it 100% normal, hidden or not, if you're signed in to your account on a console, but other viewers - console or PSNP - will only be able to see the edited version...

Or at least this is how I understand it works

• Like 1

Because your trophies on your console are ALL shown to you, not the specific ones you hide.

Basically to you it'll show it 100% normal, hidden or not, if you're signed in to your account on a console, but other viewers - console or PSNP - will only be able to see the edited version...

Or at least this is how I understand it works

That's correct.

@OP You can't hide your trophies from yourself so you'll always see all of your "platins".

• Like 1

Am I missing something? Is there a possibility to affect my level at the real PSN or does it only affect it here on PSNP? I considered simply not showing any of my trophies, but it just looks ugly IMO.^^

On PlayStation, hiding trophies are treated as a privacy feature rather than an actual functional feature. People have been asking to actually be able to delete trophies for years and Sony hasn't actually added that ability yet (except for 0% lists). Hiding trophies simply hides the lists from the public and doesn't alter anything on PlayStation. On this site, because of it mostly making sense with what shows up on your list after hiding trophies, everything adjusts accordingly. Hopefully one day Sony will allow lists to actually be deleted over 0%. :P

Edited by BlindMango

Ah, okay. Thanks for your answers.

I just looked at my profile with a dummy account, but it still say level 51. Maybe because the trophies are registred on my PS4? 

Could somebody check my profile on his console and confirm this? My account is: A7-Homaz

Ah, okay. Thanks for your answers.

I just looked at my profile with a dummy account, but it still say level 51. Maybe because the trophies are registred on my PS4? 

Could somebody check my profile on his console and confirm this? My account is: A7-Homaz

See what I said above. PlayStation treats hiding trophies as a privacy feature, so when you hide a game on the PlayStation the lists are still there and your stats are unaltered, it's just that those lists you selected don't show up to your friends or the public. PlayStation doesn't adjust your stats as it's a privacy feature, not a deletion feature.

We do, however adjust your stats accordingly here on PSNProfiles as it makes sense when adding everything up, it has to do with leaderboard stuff, and this site can't see hidden lists, etc...