Battlefield 3 Pre-Order Bonuses Round-Up

BountyHunterinc

Pre-ordering Battlefield 3 definitely has its perks, but depending on what platform and where you purchase they can vary. Luckily, EA has revealed some of the finer details to help you along in getting your copy secured before the October 25th launch.

First up, the UK Pre-Order Bonuses, just announced today.

Varying Battlefield 3 goodies await, depending on which shop you place a UK pre-order with.

The choice is this: eight new multiplayer costumes, dog tags or two rare powerful weapons and some armour piercing ammo?

Game and Gamestation offer the latter, which is officially known as the Physical Warfare Pack. Inside is a type 88 light machine gun with bi-pod, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor and the armour-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun. You'll unlock instant access to the latter, too.

These goodies will be exclusive to pre-order customers for a limited time. They'll "later" be offered to all players.

The eight multiplayer costumes belong to Amazon and make up the Specact Kit. Images are below.

81444657.jpg

43436212.jpg

The dog tags belong to Play.com. These dog tags are your in-game signature and display on screen when you take an enemy down or claim their dog tag.

Alongside the Standard Edition of Battlefield 3 will be the Limited Edition, which offers the expansion pack Back to Karkand for free. Back to Karkand offers four maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Shaqi Peninsula. They've all be spruced up by the Frostbite 2.0 engine that powers BF3.

On PC, fans have the option to pre-order Battlefield 3 at EA's digital store Origin. Do so and you'll get the Physical Warfare Pack, Back to Karkand expansion and a pair of Battlefield Play4Free items for free. You'll even get early access to the Battlefield 3 beta test, which starts in September.

Pre-orders for Battlefield 3 are ten times the number of pre-orders for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, EA has revealed.

Now, for the US Bonuses, which are the same as the UK, but ofcourse different stores:

GameStop’s pre-order includes the Physical Warfare pack, in addition to the Back To Karkand DLC. If you are part of their PowerUp Rewards, you’ll get a free Prima Battlefield 3 strategy guide as well.

If you pre-order on Amazon, you’ll receive an exclusive set of dog tags for multiplayer. On top of that, the pre-order includes the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

Best Buy offers the same Limited Edition version with Back To Karkand, plus a set of new multiplayer skins — the SPECACT Kit. You’ll receive a code to unlock 8 new multiplayer skins when the game is released.

Origin online offers: Physical Warfare Pack + Access to Beta + Battlefield Play4Free Items

Sources: Eurogamer and PCGamer

I've had my pre-order thru GameStop for a while and see no reason to change it now. I wish every store had the same pre-order bonus though, because it was a pain to get all of the pre-order GT5 cars and I don't want to have to do that with other games as well.

Parker

I've had my pre-order thru GameStop for a while and see no reason to change it now. I wish every store had the same pre-order bonus though, because it was a pain to get all of the pre-order GT5 cars and I don't want to have to do that with other games as well.

Parker

Buy Signatur Edition of GT5 - Problem solve

Gamestop still have the best offer