Help with Optional Mission Objectives

Hey there!

I thought maybe it's a good idea to have one thread where we can help each other completing all mission objectives.

I'm currently struggling with the mission #9 (Backup, back down) objective "extract 6 prisoners".

I have only found five so far.

#1 in an outside cell at Lamar Khaate Palace

#2 wandering outside in the desert east of Lamar Khaate Palace

#3 another escaped prisoner going the small way over to guardpost #15

#4 in the basement at Wakh Sind Barracks

#5 in the car coming from the north (you get this intel over radio everytime)

Haven't found anyone at Yakho Oboo, nor at the small guardposts #5, 8, 9, 12, 15.

Who am I missing? :)

Did you get the one that can be killed? East of Lamar Khaate palace there's a prisoner in the canyon being pursued by guards and can be killed if not helped. 

If you need more help iirc he's inbetween the palace and the Yaksomething Oboo Supply Outpost follow the road towards the supply outpost and he should be on your left somewhere. 

Edited by Saltyie

Did you get the one that can be killed? East of Lamar Khaate palace there's a prisoner in the canyon being pursued by guards and can be killed if not helped. 

If you need more help iirc he's inbetween the palace and the Yaksomething Oboo Supply Outpost follow the road towards the supply outpost and he should be on your left somewhere. 

Yeah that's #3 in my list :D

Ok, will try that! :)

Edit: aaaand we have a winner! Thanks a lot! The final prisoner is wandering around southbound in the river between Yakho and the Palace.

I captured a video with the share-button and will upload it. Maybe someone will be interested :)

Edited by dalailama1989

• 2 weeks later...

Just to warn others about a glitch I encountered on Lingua Franca. I was trying to do the final task being listening to all of the interrogations in the camp. It would always get to the Viscount himself when all the guards would do is stand around him and do nothing. I tried multiple times until I found out the problem; for some reason, taking D-Dog on this mission has the possibility of bugging out the last conversation. As soon as I had switched to D-Horse the last interrogation started immediately and I was so relieved I didn't have to play it again. It's possible this might happen on other missions where tasks require listening to conversations or interrogations so keep this in mind. (Encountered on PS3 version)

EDIT: I tested this mission again and found out that regardless of which buddy I used (couldn't test Quiet because story reasons) the no talking glitch would occur. Switching buddies during the mission seems to undo the glitch but I'd recommend not taking any buddies at all just to be safe.

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 1

Just to warn others about a glitch I encountered on Lingua Franca. I was trying to do the final task being listening to all of the interrogations in the camp. It would always get to the Viscount himself when all the guards would do is stand around him and do nothing. I tried multiple times until I found out the problem; for some reason, taking D-Dog on this mission has the possibility of bugging out the last conversation. As soon as I had switched to D-Horse the last interrogation started immediately and I was so relieved I didn't have to play it again.

It's possible this might happen on other missions where tasks require listening to conversations or interrogations so keep this in mind. (Encountered on PS3 version)

Thanks for that. I'm on PS3 as well.

Just to warn others about a glitch I encountered on Lingua Franca. I was trying to do the final task being listening to all of the interrogations in the camp. It would always get to the Viscount himself when all the guards would do is stand around him and do nothing. I tried multiple times until I found out the problem; for some reason, taking D-Dog on this mission has the possibility of bugging out the last conversation. As soon as I had switched to D-Horse the last interrogation started immediately and I was so relieved I didn't have to play it again.

It's possible this might happen on other missions where tasks require listening to conversations or interrogations so keep this in mind. (Encountered on PS3 version)

I had D-Horse with me and the guards just stood there. When the Viscount was finally there he dropped on the floor as soon as he was inside. Waited 5 minutes nothing... I'm starting to hate that Lingua Franca mission. 

(Encountered on PS4 version)

I actually did listen to all the prisoner interrogations, yet i still didn't get the mission task. Can't quite see why that happened, maybe i missed 1-2 words at the start of some conversation or there's a minimum distance you have to keep. I'll just have to try again, but i have to say that i'm getting quite frustrated with some of these. There's the ones involving finding some hidden diamonds in the middle of nowhere that pretty much force you to use a guide, others that have you listen to entire conversations, which stop immediately if Snake does as much as sneeze, others where you need to extract materials containers, which means you have to wait 10 billion years for them to respawn if you already got them and the ones that are just straight up broken. One had me picking a Haoma, yet i had to pick 5 of the damn things before it actually counted it, similar things happened with some materials containers.

This happened to me on multiple occasions, not just on the Lingua Franca mission. I stopped taking DD on these missions which seems to have fixed the problem.