Nintendo announced 3DSXL

Lady Lilith

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/21/nintendo-announces-extra-large-3ds-ll-with-4-88-inch-top-screen/

Worst kept secret ever. And..damn, this was the PERFECT chance to add a second control stick, and they DONT do it? Yeah, I hate Nintendo. They're really damn close to being dead to me. I already hate the Wii and most of the real 3DS games. The only thing that's holding me to them is the VC. Mario is really damn old, and Zelda is stupid now.

This is why I've lost almost all my respect for Nintendo. Not only did they say there would be no revisions of the 3DS (saying they wanted to spend their time developing a new handheld) but they had the perfect opportunity to address one of the biggest complaints about the 3DS (lack of a second analog "nub") and they chose to ignore it. It's obvious which companies have the gamers in mind over money when they release things, and Nintendo has shown they don't deserve out support anymore. They need to stop lying to us and give us products we want, nit just bigger versions of what they already have.

Parker

• Like 3

This is why I've lost almost all my respect for Nintendo. Not only did they say there would be no revisions of the 3DS (saying they wanted to spend their time developing a new handheld) but they had the perfect opportunity to address one of the biggest complaints about the 3DS (lack of a second analog "nub") and they chose to ignore it. It's obvious which companies have the gamers in mind over money when they release things, and Nintendo has shown they don't deserve out support anymore. They need to stop lying to us and give us products we want, nit just bigger versions of what they already have.

Parker

You're absolutely right. Nintendo doesn't care about quality, they care about money. It's probably why they release the DS EVERY two years (DS, DS lite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSXL). It also explains why they release the same game each year (Mario) with very little changes. Lets face it, Nintendo lives in the past and it struggles to expand into the future.
  • Like 3

You're absolutely right. Nintendo doesn't care about quality, they care about money. It's probably why they release the DS EVERY two years (DS, DS lite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSXL). It also explains why they release the same game each year (Mario) with very little changes. Lets face it, Nintendo lives in the past and it struggles to expand into the future.

Reminds me of Activision with Call of Duty.

It also reminds me of Game Freak (Pokemon) and their consumer quote, "Gotta buy them all!".

Yeah, that would make more sense to me, since I've never actually played a Call of Duty game. I've played lots of Pokemon games, but I refuse to buy the new ones cause the gameplay formula is exactly the same

I don't know how I stayed with it for so long. I guess because I was still around the targeted age group. I really started getting bored around Diamond/Platinum, the only reason I picked up Heart Gold/Soul Silver was nostalgia, since Gold/Silver was my favorite generation aside from Red/Blue.

Yeah, that would make more sense to me, since I've never actually played a Call of Duty game. I've played lots of Pokemon games, but I refuse to buy the new ones cause the gameplay formula is exactly the same

I don't know how I stayed with it for so long. I guess because I was still around the targeted age group. I really started getting bored around Diamond/Platinum, the only reason I picked up Heart Gold/Soul Silver was nostalgia, since Gold/Silver was my favorite generation aside from Red/Blue.

No matter which gaming series we're talking about, the PS3 has a lot of good quality series, where all titles are good, which explains why it has such a loyal fanbase.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the anime and new Pokemon are shit anyways so that could be another reason to stay away from the new games. They are really running out of ideas. A Pokemon that looks like ice cream? Are ya nucking futs!? Nothing can touch the first 2 generations of Pokemon.

They need to stop lying to us and give us products we want, nit just bigger versions of what they already have.

Well at least the bigger screen should increase the chances of getting a headache with the horrible 3D. The 3D is shitty, but it does kinda work a little bit if you're really still, but I got dizzy after 30 minutes with the 3D on. :jaymon:

Well the anime and new Pokemon are shit anyways so that could be another reason to stay away from the new games. They are really running out of ideas. A Pokemon that looks like ice cream? Are ya nucking futs!? Nothing can touch the first 2 generations of Pokemon.

Well at least the bigger screen should increase the chances of getting a headache with the horrible 3D. The 3D is shitty, but it does kinda work a little bit if you're really still, but I got dizzy after 30 minutes with the 3D on. :jaymon:

The 3D doesn't bother me at all (physically) but I hate having it on because I move my handhelds around sometimes and in order to get the 3D effect you have to be completely still. The 3D is a poor gimmick and most games don't even do anything cool with it. Pokemon is still fun (for me at least, I know I shouldn't still enjoy them... :unsure:) but you're absolutely correct, after Gold and Silver they went downhill. I do love HeartGold and SoulSilver though but it's the same game with a better engine.

Parker