Why is it taking up so much GB!

firepork08

I like destiny and want to keep it. I wanted the Taken King but I didnt have the other DLC's so I didnt get it. But why have I had to have 2 updates increasing the GB of this game dramatically! Im not getting the Taken King but yet I have to make space for it??? I am running out of GB so fast as well with like 10 GB left and I need to make space for some other games... So why is it taking up more GB? 

Hm... updates? A lot of new stuff has been added and the game had some stuff done again ground up. The big 17GB is actually almost the game download itself again + all TTK content. There was a lot of stuff to download for the PS3 version as well. All the space taken now already has TTK down, all you need to do is downloading the unlock key when you buy the DLCs.

• Like 1

I like destiny and want to keep it. I wanted the Taken King but I didnt have the other DLC's so I didnt get it. But why have I had to have 2 updates increasing the GB of this game dramatically! Im not getting the Taken King but yet I have to make space for it??? I am running out of GB so fast as well with like 10 GB left and I need to make space for some other games... So why is it taking up more GB?

Because you have to play TTK version of the game whether you want to or not as it's the most current version of Destiny. Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

Even though you may not be getting The Taken King, you're still playing with people who are, and those people are equipping items that have been released as part of the newest update and DLC, and your console needs to be able to display those items.

From Bungie's websites, concerning Update 2.0:

A minimum of 60 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2015 (PS4 and Xbox One).

A minimum of 30 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2015 (PS3 and Xbox 360).