Chat not working on Mac?

Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

I've been using a Mac at college and found that no matter what the chat wouldn't load, it would say 'Failed to connect'. Is this a known issue? It did the same yesterday and everything else loads fine so I don't think it's the internet. 

Just wondering if this is a common problem or what the deal is here :P

Edited by Makise Kurisu

I've been using a Mac at college and found that no matter what the chat wouldn't load, it would say 'Failed to connect'. Is this a known issue? It did the same yesterday and everything else loads fine so I don't think it's the internet. 

Just wondering if this is a common problem or what the deal is here :P

You shouldn't be visiting PSNP on the college computers anyway  :awesome: Are you procrastinating, Akira?

(I'm totally not typing this on a computer at college myself, or anything... :ninja: )

Edited by Aela
  • Like 2

It's a sign.

Chat's working fine on the usual IE, Chrome and FF so it must be safari or whatever the heck mac uses

Chat's working fine on the usual IE, Chrome and FF so it must be safari or whatever the heck mac uses

Well... Chrome, FF and yes, even IE is technically available on a mac*.

This is likely not the browser itself, but rather it's likely a system setting and OP is running a newer version of OS X that locks down Java/Javascript/other stuff. I haven't used the Chat part of this site so I can't say for sure what the Chat depends on. 

*Mac must be running OS X 10.6.8 or earlier because rosetta was removed in later versions and IE 5.1 is the last available version for OS X.

• Like 1

Well... Chrome, FF and yes, even IE is technically available on a mac*.

This is likely not the browser itself, but rather it's likely a system setting and OP is running a newer version of OS X that locks down Java/Javascript/other stuff. I haven't used the Chat part of this site so I can't say for sure what the Chat depends on. 

*Mac must be running OS X 10.6.8 or earlier because rosetta was removed in later versions and IE 5.1 is the last available version for OS X.

I see :( Well it's a public computer technically so there's not a lot I can do it seems

Edited by Makise Kurisu

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and it works fine in old Chrome based Opera. Haven't tried Safari (also old :P) or Firefox (old version as heck!) but I don't think it matters. Was just gonna say that I think your collage probably blocks some ports or some services using a firewall, but Sly got before me :)