Did I miss something here with the new expansion? pls halp me

liwenborg

So I recently bought the Taken King from ps store and got a message that told me to delete my original Destiny save data to be able to install The taken king since that included the original game?

So what purpose did my original copy have? Did I miss anything here or was this a kind of weird way to set up the expansion? I mean usually you just install the expansion to the original game file.

It's not really an expansion.  I mean it is and it also isn't....

It's a brand new game, which is why they are charging full price. 

Is only full price if you're just now starting and had to buy the legendary edition or if you owned the vanilla game and didn't buy the first two expansions in which case it necessary to buy the legendary edition . The Taken King is now the base game and has a retail price of $40 to allow you full access to all new content if you already had vanilla Destiny and it's previous two expansions.

Is only full price if you're just now starting and had to buy the legendary edition or if you owned the vanilla game and didn't buy the first two expansions in which case it necessary to buy the legendary edition . The Taken King is now the base game and has a retail price of $40 to allow you full access to all new content if you already had vanilla Destiny and it's previous two expansions.

Yes. 

If I delete all destiny content(original vanilla, DLCs, updates, patches, etc) and reinstall TTK, will it free up disk space? Just a question.

No. Everything in Destiny was built upon the vanilla game by updates. You need to have all the updates to play Destiny because it's an online only game.