Crafting Recipes List (Collaborative Effort)

greenzsaber

Very impressive (and quick) improvements!

1. I've been added to editing permissions so I'm going to try and help with the cleanup today if I get time. Will you be able to import it efficiently or will all changes on your side need to be made manually? Perhaps ideally you could always import the fresh data but with the quantities added (if you have them all then maybe they don't need to go on the spreadsheet after all).

2. Are you confident in the numbers or do you need any of them checked? And also, now that you've done that, does the spreadsheet calculate correctly when divided between multiple items or does it round for each item? I can't think of an example but IIRC the process for Iron Nails gives some change so a list of Grips is probably less than the sum of its parts, if that makes sense

3. Great! Maybe once we get the patch that makes sheep hide go into regular leather that can be stripped back, but for now that's the best solution.

4. I opened mine in Firefox, and yeah I tend to have a fair few things open at once lol. Anyway thanks for the background improvements.

5. I didn't know that, perhaps we can get a shortlist of other useful tips? I think these would be good things to put on the display page when the search box is clear, that way it's not loading the 500 item list every time and also then it's visible to everyone

6. I did that a lot too, so I have a near full stack of wool, I just put buyables at the highest level of renewability because in the long term when people of all different styles are looking to compile resources for 100 crafts, the buyables are the only ones available in unlimited quantities anywhere anytime (well in endgame at least). Perhaps we could have the bottom table include its own levels of breakdowns, like both fabric/wool on two lines? Would also help with Leather/Leather Strips since you can increase your stock faster by buying both instead of only dividing the former between both types

Ah, we have a new problem - in optimising the original spreadsheet I mean.

Please someone confirm this, but it appears that items are added to the in-game recipe list by crafting level (obviously), then by whatever order they're discovered. This means that there is no ultimate list order and for the more crowded levels (especially the lower ones) it becomes very difficult to find things in your own game and match them to the list or vice versa.

Well we can't fix the game ourselves, but perhaps we can optimise the spreadsheet by categorising. A grand filtering system would be ideal, but taking things slow to begin with I suggest we sort into an agreed order. (Of course Crafting level will still be the dominant factor.) I propose:

Ammo

Potion

Materials?

Armor (from top to bottom, or alphabetical?)

Weapons (perhaps in alphabetical order?)

(Weapon) Gun (that's the only category we have for firearms, right? We should consider expanding that to the ammo types - Handgun, Shotgun, and Rifle)

What do you guys think? I hate that google docs doesn't let you do cut-insert rows, since the drag and drop is dodgy, but I think optimising this shouldn't be too difficult.

Ah, thanks for the reply, that sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how to make google docs sort by alphabetical without ruining the level sort, and I'm always wary of doing a whole-sheet sort as usually the only way to reverse it is to undo it any changes made after too... would it be done by sorting by alphabetical, then sorting by level, which results in level sorting containing alphabetical order leftover from the previous sort?

Anyway, alphabetical subsort is definitely passable, but it's not purposeful... wouldn't you agree? Surely it would be better to have any kind of functional sort, and grouping by result type is a lot easier than grouping by recipe type lol

Makes it very easy to check things like 'there's all the fabric forms' or 'there's all the wood boards' or 'there's all the metal forms'

Edit: Anyway I think I'm done for the day, fixed all the major things I could confirm, especially the ones I made a note of while compiling my renewables list, and added a few comments for things other people might be able to confirm, but too lazy to go through my 200 recipes double checking every ingredient...

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince

Craft lvl + Alphabetical order is the original sorted order, and it should remain that way as far as the master list is concerned (sort by item name A-Z, then by Crafting lvl). Some people have tried reordering it by type, which isn't really ideal for updating the sheet... If you want some other way of viewing sorted things, make a new tab for that. Although I really think all that stuff needs to wait until the list is complete and correct.

I'm also not a big fan of how the "Type" column is structured. There needs to be some agreed upon categories to classify these items as, and the stuff like (Weapon), (Armor), should go and be its own column.

Edited by greenzsaber

That makes sense. I added a few of the missing details in the type column as I went, but I always searched for format to match before doing so, as I wanted it to not disrupt the current consistency.

If you think splitting item types into two columns is the best thing to do I'll follow your lead of course, but as long as all the data is correctly added I think it works quite well now since the type of weapon or armor is more of a last-thought detail than a major factor IMO. Plus if you were looking for a specific e.g. rings or swords then just search/sort (Armor) Ring or (Weapon) Sword and you'll get them all the same.

(Some of) the hard parts IMO are 1) making sure weapons are added to correct subtype (some seem to be hammers but are listed as maces, if in doubt I didn't touch them) and 2) making sure armors are given the correct labels (e.g. not confusing face and head, bracelet/hands/ring, the two lower-body pieces etc.) and 3) making sure armors are given consistent labels (e.g. the current listings say 'head' not 'helm' or 'hat' etc.)

Edit: BTW I just did the alphabetical -> CLevel sort as it seems to be your agreed on best for the main list, hopefully nothing broke but it was my last change if you need to revert it.

1. I've been added to editing permissions so I'm going to try and help with the cleanup today if I get time. Will you be able to import it efficiently or will all changes on your side need to be made manually? Perhaps ideally you could always import the fresh data but with the quantities added (if you have them all then maybe they don't need to go on the spreadsheet after all).

2. Are you confident in the numbers or do you need any of them checked? And also, now that you've done that, does the spreadsheet calculate correctly when divided between multiple items or does it round for each item? I can't think of an example but IIRC the process for Iron Nails gives some change so a list of Grips is probably less than the sum of its parts, if that makes sense

I had a few numbers off, so I corrected them in the spreadsheet and updated the html file. I also corrected a number of spelling errors and case errors to make the spreadsheet consistent. I added production amounts to the Rings and Nails in the spreadsheet using the same format as the existing entries.

The latest can always be downloaded from http://wolfzoo.com/DFScraft/DFScraft.zip

Edited by pin_wolf

I don't know how many you have but I think there are 523 recipes in the current version of the game if I'm correctly understanding this thread http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=596

That does seem to be what that thread says, and Randis is a Grim Bros founder.

But then the spreadsheet seems to have lost two recipes in the last 24 hours, so the list is down to 521/523 found, with #524 unobtainable.

Maybe someone found dupes, but it says 522/524 now so seems like we're back at 'one left'. But I don't know, I haven't made any recent changes myself.

pin_wolf, any chance of coding a more advanced tool that can calculate the total for set lists, because in my mind that would make it the ultimate tool to prep us all for the 100-recipe crafting trophy.

"if we could put the same list through a program to calculate how many base buyables are needed and how many of each natural resource then we can make progress on knowing just how many resources you need to gather to create 100+ easy recipes on the spot"

If I put my list in a new tab on the spreadsheet (I don't want to mess with the original) would your tool be able to analyse the new column to take the rows that have 'b' and 'n' and make a grand total of ingredients?

We could always start small to test. As mentioned before if you're looking to test with an existing set then Grip (Grip$) is pretty representative of the result.

Edit: Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I've just tested the current version (I see lots of nice improvements btw, nice work) but although the count is now not broken, it doesn't consolidate. The Grip set again works here: 6 grips are available, each requiring 2 Iron Nails, which should mean 12 Iron Nails in total right?

But (assuming the numbers here are correct) 3 Iron Ore (eventually) produce exactly 4 Iron Nails, which means you would need to do it only 3 times (12/4)- and 3*3 is 9 Iron Ore.

But since the spreadsheet calculates 3 Iron Ore for each Grip solution, without consolidating by realising that each produces double what's needed, the final total gives 18 Iron Ore, which is double the actual amount.

One solution that comes to mind is if the tool could calculate in 'total mode' or 'list mode' instead of the current 'individual mode'.
It would then break down an ingredient list of sum total 12 Iron Nails and various logs, which it would then easily calculate to the correct amount of Ores.

Maybe someone found dupes, but it says 522/524 now so seems like we're back at 'one left'. But I don't know, I haven't made any recent changes myself.

There are items in rows 3 through 523 of the spreadsheet, with the top two rows as headers, so that is only 521/524 items

pin_wolf, any chance of coding a more advanced tool that can calculate the total for set lists, because in my mind that would make it the ultimate tool to prep us all for the 100-recipe crafting trophy. ...

"if we could put the same list through a program to calculate how many base buyables are needed and how many of each natural resource then we can make progress on knowing just how many resources you need to gather to create 100+ easy recipes on the spot"

If I put my list in a new tab on the spreadsheet (I don't want to mess with the original) would your tool be able to analyse the new column to take the rows that have 'b' and 'n' and make a grand total of ingredients?

We could always start small to test. As mentioned before if you're looking to test with an existing set then Grip (Grip$) is pretty representative of the result.

Edit: Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I've just tested the current version (I see lots of nice improvements btw, nice work) but although the count is now not broken, it doesn't consolidate. ...[deleted]...

So the big error right now is that when calculating the totals at the bottom when multiple items are listed in the top table, it does not take into account the extra items that one recipe might generate which another recipe could use. That is a bug because that situation was not possible before the addition of the number of items produced by a recipe, and I will think about how to change my code it to make that work. The intention was that the table at the bottom report totals as you ask for above.

I don't understand when you write "the new column", nor when you mean by "take the rows that have 'b' and 'n' ". Which new column, and what are b and n?