Worth it?

SereneSilent

• 4 months later...

my opinion is that the game is bad. I am up to chapter 6 still being hand holding by the game took a 3 year or so break just to beat chapter 4. Lightning does not come off as being the main protagonist she sound like the 4th or 6th member who joins the party with a rotten attitude. as SnowxSakura stated Sazh is the most well made character of the bunch. the game is linear to an extreme, most of this game your not even in a city you do not interact with anyone out side of the main characters, the shop is the same as your save point. I am not comparing this game to ff 1-12 just the fact is it not a good rpg in my opinion. this been said I am still going to struggle to play this to see the ending but it hard to play a game were I am always just in a everlasting hallway. The OP most likely already made up their mind this is just people expressing opinions. Also my opinion Final Fantasy IX is the best one.

• 5 weeks later...

I like the game. Hadn't played a FF game in a lot of years. Saw this one at a GameStop for $8.00, so figured, why not?

So far, it's pretty good. Except for one minor detail: I HATE the music. Can't believe there isn't a Music tab in the settings to turn that crap down. Ugh.

Yeah, the score isn't that good. What hurts the most is that they removed the classic victory fanfare.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the game. Hadn't played a FF game in a lot of years. Saw this one at a GameStop for $8.00, so figured, why not?

So far, it's pretty good. Except for one minor detail: I HATE the music. Can't believe there isn't a Music tab in the settings to turn that crap down. Ugh.

That post was before I really got into the game. Now, it mostly annoys me. Be prepared to grind, GRIND, G R I N D a helluva lot. I've played a lot of games (FF 13 was #100 from PS3 and 4) and many games involve having to grind and farm, but nothing like this. I'm over 90 hours now and at least half of that is grinding and farming. So, be prepared.

@Chris-1341890,

As I recall, you will still be receiving tutorial scenes even the later part of the game.

I maybe in the minority here, but I really enjoyed this game. I reckon I took about 140hrs on my road to platinum. Upgrading the weapons to their maximum tier is really a snoozefest hehe, so better ready yourself to the grind fiesta.

@Chris-1341890,

As I recall, you will still be receiving tutorial scenes even the later part of the game.

I maybe in the minority here, but I really enjoyed this game. I reckon I took about 140hrs on my road to platinum. Upgrading the weapons to their maximum tier is really a snoozefest hehe, so better ready yourself to the grind fiesta.

Yea I noticed that it's a big grind but I'm up for it :)