Post game, possible spoilers

xxdmcgee2288xx

So yeah.. Beat the game.. 37 hours later at level 61.. Wondering.. Has anyone unlocked that new door in the palace? It's yellow and it says I don't have the right key to unlock it.. Wondering if someone has found the key and what's inside the door.. I thought it was awesome how there was the Easter egg with the devs room in Snow White.. Heh heh heh! Too bad there were no pets in those room though.. Still on the hunt for pet #5

So yeah.. Beat the game.. 37 hours later at level 61.. Wondering.. Has anyone unlocked that new door in the palace? It's yellow and it says I don't have the right key to unlock it.. Wondering if someone has found the key and what's inside the door.. I thought it was awesome how there was the Easter egg with the devs room in Snow White.. Heh heh heh! Too bad there were no pets in those room though.. Still on the hunt for pet #5

I found a Developer's Key in the prince's room, maybe that will unlock the door. 

Nope that unlocks the devs room in the top right room of the Snow White bar.. Devs room was pretty cool.. Lots of stuff in there.. No pet, no key.. Talked to all the dev team members in there too.. Nothing

Btw, wonderful work with the guide.. It's awesome! Thanks for that..I feel that the crafting trophy will be the hardest.. Or time consuming, rarest and most difficult to obtain prior to plat.. The fishing guide seems complete.. Is it not? So someone out there caught all those fish in one sitting and didn't get the trophy I guess? Seems those two and the pet trophy are the only two preventing the plat from being obtainable.. You think that one guy who has plat glitched the game? Or hacked it or whatever..

Nope that unlocks the devs room in the top right room of the Snow White bar.. Devs room was pretty cool.. Lots of stuff in there.. No pet, no key.. Talked to all the dev team members in there too.. Nothing

Btw, wonderful work with the guide.. It's awesome! Thanks for that..I feel that the crafting trophy will be the hardest.. Or time consuming, rarest and most difficult to obtain prior to plat.. The fishing guide seems complete.. Is it not? So someone out there caught all those fish in one sitting and didn't get the trophy I guess? Seems those two and the pet trophy are the only two preventing the plat from being obtainable.. You think that one guy who has plat glitched the game? Or hacked it or whatever..

Ah ok, I didn't get the chance to find out what that key opens. The game crashed for the millionth time right when the postgame began  :rolleyes: . Didn't feel like beating the boss again, so I did some Endless Labyrinth. Got to 4863 steps... and then the game crashed again. These crashes and bugs are really getting on my nerves. This is putting a serious damper on the fun factor. 

Yeah the fishing guide is complete. Does it seem incomplete? I was trying it out to catch them in 1 sitting. Got to 13 before the game crashed. Same with the puzzles, kills, and pets. I really hope the crafting doesn't need to be done in 1 sitting too. If the developers could at least patch the crashes, that would make it so much easier to get the trophies.

Not sure what to think of that guy. He must've been awfully lucky to get 666 kills in story mode without the game crashing while doing it in 1 sitting.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, I knew I read your time somewhere, forgot it was this topic!

It took me more than 50 hours, level 55. I spend a lot of time fussing over details and organising my shit lol. Level 75 crafting even though I never crafted a single thing that really helped me.

But after watching the credits I went to sleep (it was 2am or 3am), don't really have much reason to leave the house (in the game) until I know what to prep for the crafting as everything else (currently) is in other modes!

Didn't use the dev key, is it worth the effort...?

BTW, on PS4 my story mode complete trophy popped after killing Linklin but before killin the Dragon. Which seems a bit silly but anyway I finished the sequence just to see what happens. Have to say I thought the credits were more pleasing than the actual ending which is probably a really bad thing if you think about it. As all the names were being listed (for closure, I guess) I didn't have a clue who any of them were (apart from Jin something) because they kept giving double names or surnames when during gameplay we only got first names :facepalm:  dumb dumb dumb.

Also, during the final fight, well the one with Linklin, one of my guys died. It was Wess, the merc with the shoulder pad. I couldn't tell if it was my bad protection or taking too long to kill the boss or scripted, did it happen to anyone else? After that Itanked even harder and tried to save everyone remaining. Nobody died during the Dragon fight. End.

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince

There's really little to no effort with the dev key involved at all. Just go to Snow White and open up the top right door inside the tavern.. I personally think it's worth it. And if you're going to keep playing post game after beating it, it's definitely worth it..

Oh and I'm playing on ps4, as well.. And my trophy popped like the same moment I inflicted the last hit to which killed the dragon boss.. As soon as he was dying, the trophy had already popped. So the same thing happened to me.. And yeah, the boss before the boss.. He was tough.. Can't remember the buggers name, but yeah.. He was a bit of a struggle.. I just did hit and run method, so I never died.. But still he was a challenge and I almost died a few times.. The dragon was a chump compared to him..

You know it just occurred to me that someone should attempt to use that dev key on the palace door.. The new one I mention in the prior posts.. I would be very thankful.. Although I doubt it works, it's worth a shot. And there's nothing to lose. I can tell you everything that's in the Snow White dev key room.. I'm just extremely curious about that palace door

Just to clarify, mine popped immediately after killing Linklin, before the Dragon had even appeared. The auto screenshot confirms (I had to double check against my memory) as both the bishop and the evil woman [loose end!] are standing in the shot.

I tried the palace door as requested before going to snow white (I assume the dev key get used up upon unlocking the door) but nothing. A "dev key" that unlocks 'dev room' seems too perfect to be one of many, after all. Maybe this door was used earlier on the first visit with the overnight stay on one side of the palace, but either way I think you should forget about it. Unless there's a functional fifth pet behind there I don't know don't care :D

By the way, I should note it now out of interest (and we can all compare), I have 200 recipes upon completing. Probably not more than a dozen of those came from crafting, the vast majority came from pickups, and (after the first few hours) I didn't do any unnecessary sidequests.

Thanks dtgnome! Wonder when the dlc will come.. And wonder even more if the patch will come before it.. Ah well. Least I can stop thinking about that door now. ^_^

I am sincerely hoping the game is patched before any DLC is released... Anything less is bad form and worse business sense.