Game Breaking glitch in the Prologue - Can it be fixed?

jka121

Lately I have been trying to play the last of us but can't because of some sort of glitch in the prologue. 

This glitch occurs when I get into the car at the beginning of the prologue. When I get into the car, the other two characters who are in the front of the car will automatically stand up making it so that they won't drive the car and then I can't continue. I have tried this a few times and got same result. I would keep trying but the game has EXTREMELY long loading times.

I have bought two copies of the game and still got the same result. One of the copies used and the other being new. The multiplayer has worked fine and I can play it, its just the story I cant. 

Has this glitch happened to anyone else and if it did and you got it fixed, how did you do it? Any ideas on what to try are very appreciated!

(I will try to get a picture of what the glitch looks like when it happens)

I tried to play Last of Us over at a friends house and when I installed the game it was really glitchy and the game was doing very strange things.

I thought it had to be something up with his PS3 cause the game works perfectly fine on my PC.

I think we boiled it down to something wrong with his hard drive and he needed to replace it.

We even tried to format his hard drive and then re-install the game, and it still would glitch out.