Have I Locked In My Ending?

Gorvi

Before looking at trophy info for the game's endingsI went in and picked Refuse when talking to Gerhman, but lost for the final encounter.  I'm at work so I can't check, but am I locked into that choice and have to wait until a NG+ run to get the other two endings or will I still get the prompt to choose?

You are now locked in, yes. Gerhman will be hostile when you next enter the area.

... well, there is a chance that a patch has changed this, but that was my experience when I completed the game back in February or whenever it was. 

Edit: P.S. Welcome to the forums! So refreshing to see a 1st post which (a) makes sense and (b ) isn't on a topic that has already been discussed! Hang around Gorvi - I like you already. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 3

Yeah, you're locked in. Shoulda probably made a backup save but like you said you didnt check the trophies before hand. If you've been completely ignorant of the trophies until now then you'll need to do atleast another playthrough anyways, maybe more if you're not careful. 

You are now locked in, yes. Gerhman will be hostile when you next enter the area.

... well, there is a chance that a patch has changed this, but that was my experience when I completed the game back in February or whenever it was. 

Edit: P.S. Welcome to the forums! So refreshing to see a 1st post which (a) makes sense and (b ) isn't on a topic that has already been discussed! Hang around Gorvi - I like you already. 

Thanks!  

I think that's the only one I've locked myself out of, I'm 99% sure that I can do pretty much everything else.  Oh well, if I really get the itch I can try to speed run NG+ and critical path it to the end.  I have the 3 pieces of umbilical already, do I keep those when I carry over to NG+? 

I do not think you keep the pieces but I am not sure to 100%

Then it would be really easy to unlock the true ending.

Anyway if you do everything else first with the dungeons, you are about 120 levels and then you can speed-run easily.

I got the Platinum and ran 4 times through the game in average 3 hours for fun til it got boring :D

You may want to see if your PS+ cloud save isn't too far behind your current progress, in which case you could download that and work from there... :P

Unfortunately I did it a few days ago and it just occurred to me now. :(

I do not think you keep the pieces but I am not sure to 100%

Then it would be really easy to unlock the true ending.

Anyway if you do everything else first with the dungeons, you are about 120 levels and then you can speed-run easily.

I got the Platinum and ran 4 times through the game in average 3 hours for fun til it got boring :D

I just looked it up and you don't, but getting them isn't really all that tough once you know where to look.  But yeah, like you said, speed running should be a breeze at that level.

I loved the game too much to reload my save personally, I'm in NG+4 now for the dlc. I thought I read that they changed the chalices to scale with NG+ now though, just something to keep in mind for that defiled chalice. Subsequent playthroughs tend to be far swifter, especially since you can skip areas like Hemwick Charnel Lane, Cainhurst, the Orphanage, Old Yharnum and Nightmare frontier.