Last boss on hard

BEANO_BRFC

Anyone got any tips for beating this bad boy. I've mostly tried doing it solo with the warrior with the following items. Green relic that adds 2 other versions of yourself on screen to fight for you. His secondry attack i have chosen the rush swipe. I always manage to get to the point were he is summoning demons and thats when it all go's wrong because there is to much happening on screen i have no chance. Talismans are pointless because there are no blue potions at all in this battle. Any tips would be welcome coz it's the only difficult related trophy i have left, ive done the endless mode its just this left then its just the grind.

Hi, I did it yesterday with my friend. The Ring of Mirrors fully upgraded is a priority. Also, if you want to solo this I'd recommend you to play as wizard because he is the most OP character in this game. We did it elf + wizard on 15th attempt. It's not that hard. You just have to watch out for that insta kill from his sword and those Imps (flying beachez from hell that shoots purple balls), then it's really easy. 

I solo'd it with the elf wearing Boots of Ranadam and the starter bow.

Kite the mobs that spawn for waves 1-4 (skeletons/mummies).

Kite the mobs that spawn for waves 5-6 (goblins/orcs). I try to circle around the big group of melee guys chasing me to kill the spell casters.

Waves 7-10 are pretty tough (cultists/gargoyles). Generally I will not take any damage up until this point. I'll have 2.5 skull coins saved up from the previous waves and then try to zerg the first spawn location with a magic bomb + relic. Circle the big packs of melee guys and drop bombs constantly. Your focus is trying to avoid the gargoyle shots while killing the spell casters. At this point you can afford to die once per wave, as killing the waves will continue to fill up your skull coin bar. Each wave of these you do not die on greatly increase your chances of beating him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the Valkyrie for this, with her 3rd weapon (the one that has the 360 slice that kills all little foes), and the Ring of Mirrors (fully upgraded). After failing time and again with the Warrior, beat it on the 2nd try with her. 

The weapon move I described above is the best one in the game. The ring was just icing (you can stick the illusions next to one of the portals, and they do great work). The hardest thing is the stupid gargoyles. Morak actually helps you in this wave with his explosion attack.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my friend just beat it last night on the 3 or 4 try with Elf and Valkyrie. This is after trying it for like 2 hours a couple of weeks ago. A couple of tips that helped us out:

1) Don't get hit/Die during the first two rounds. These rounds should be fairly straightforward since they are just melee and easily killable

2) Don't get hit/Die during the 3rd & 4th rounds. These rounds are a bit more tricky but just be patient. Remember there is a fixed number of spawns so just be cautious and it will get easier.

3) Listen out for a sound like the boss taking damage when you are killing adds. This means the boss' sword is going to come out and aoe. This turned out to be the most important thing for the two of us as previously we were dying a lot to the sword.

4) During 5+ rounds blow you fast recharge abilities as quickly as possible. I played elf and used the aoe ranged bomb attack. This allowed me to hit cultists at range since those guys are right bastards with their auto kill ability. Priority is taking cultist out due to their OP kill ability.

5) Don't destroy food. Watch how much damage you do to the boss and slow down and pay attention before you transition between phases so you don't accidently destroy food.

Our setup was Elf with Ranged bomb attack for primary special and use the mirror (I believe it is that summons the illusions. They don't last long but they are good Offense/Defense). Valkyrie use frost ring and aoe melee attacks.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...