Ridiculous Time Attack events

Valkirye22

Has anyone else experienced AI players posting ridiculous or rather randomly assigned lap times in Time Attack?

I've been redoing some for rep with best fully tuned vehicles (Aventador, GT3 RS) and AI's which are usually 4 seconds slower per lap (less on hard) just suddenly post amazing lap times just as the times goes past the possibility for me to do another lap. Doesn't matter how well you do it they beat you for 0.30-0.40 of a second EVERY TIME and sometimes this would mean the car that is 2nd should have taken me over judging by the time he posted. 

It's annoying as hell especially if it's a story or Eddie's challenges event.

The best thing you can do is slow down in the start and drive with the AI for a few laps until there is only enough time left for another lap and then just take them over and trash all the times they've accomplished thus far. I mean it's quite possible to lap some AI's and they still post times only a few secs behind you.

• Like 1

Do know that the AI is rubber banding when you race against them, so I wouldn't go by the normal times. They'd generally keep themselves around you, and you may be racing pretty slow. I don't know really though. I know the game was patched 3 weeks ago with improved AI rubber banding. lol But never played the game! :P

Yeah, i also have problem with ranking up system. I dont know how reach level 70 :(

Just finished eddie's challenge an hour ago and still level 53

there are some cop glitches but they seem annoying to get and could have been patched, I've been redoing the drift train event "Angels can catch Devils" from the north of the map. you can get around 70k rep in 4 minutes of the race just keep close to the pack to get crew and speed (slipstream) drift will come naturally and either slam the other guys or pick up some road signs on the way down to keep your multiplier up and drift with it. you may get an odd perfect moment if you get a chance for a perfect nitrous

Keep in mind, you're playing Online, if another REAL player starts an event at the same time as you do, they join your race. I've had some players camp some Event and repeatly do them to prevent another players from progressing. Check if that AI isn't actually a real player.

Keep in mind, you're playing Online, if another REAL player starts an event at the same time as you do, they join your race. I've had some players camp some Event and repeatly do them to prevent another players from progressing. Check if that AI isn't actually a real player.

nah this was random AI I'm 100% sure, and it's been happening since post patch so i don't know if and how anything was fixed. at least I'm 100% done with the lv 70 grind and can drop it

• 3 weeks later...

Eddies 5th Challange ( time attack ) is killin me. Just lost again at last possible moment by 4 one hundredths of a second ........ Farrrrrrrrrr

I know right had the same issue in that challenge. Like i said just do shitty timming on purpose and at the end try good lap that should do it

• Like 1

Keep in mind a human player will have solid white arrow but an AI will only have a white outlined arrow.

I know right had the same issue in that challenge. Like i said just do shitty timming on purpose and at the end try good lap that should do it

It is good to give yourself a handicap for the first few laps too such as no nitro till the last lap or don't hit anything. This will help make your last lap faster than the others and not provide the AI time to react.