Farah suicide bug

Looong ago when I tried to replay the HD version of this game (having previously played the original version), I got about halfway through the game (I think the Prince had lost both sleeves but still had his shirt) when I reached a point where Farah would randomly fall on the ground (no enemies in sight) and die, causing a game over. No matter how many times I re-booted my save or turned back time, she just kept doing this. I decided this was a game-killing bug and didn't try to keep playing the game. I also didn't start a new game for fear that I would end up having the same problem again. Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know what causes it? This is one of my favorite games, so I'd love to be able to actually finish the re-make.

I can't remember since I played it almost 3 years ago, I'm fairly certain I encountered several minor bugs but nothing game-breaking since I was able to get the platinum. Don't know what would cause it, I would have to replay that exact part.

Kanerkb's advice is the only thing I can think of, but it sounds like you don't have any previous saves (I'm guessing the autosave would over-write your last one). In any case, don't worry about running into this glitch again if you do decide to restart since it is definitely possible to finish (I personally think it's worth it, I also enjoyed the game quite a bit). If you manually keep your last three saves/checkpoints that should cover enough room for error. Good luck!

Edited by SuperUnDonny

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Similarly, this happened to me too in the middle of the game during a section where I just got done fighting a bunch of enemies and had to cross a bridge for us to reunite. What worked for me: running back a bit and then turning around to proceed to where I needed to go. It seemed like for some reason after I woke up from that particular save point, the game put her on a really narrow ledge and the moment I moved forward, she did too and fell off.

Edited by merciful84