DetectiveCJ's Platinum Private Office With Trophy Cabinet

DetectiveCJ

Since everyone else is putting up a trophy list, I might as well start mine. I have a file with all sorts of pictures I photocopied but since certain pictures are copyrighted, I decided to just use the usual big icons to denote my trophies. Enjoy! ^_^

Detectivecj%2527s.jpg
Created with Canva, the on-line banner creator

I don't remember when my very first trophy was as anything later than 2009 has a missing time stamp, but I do have two older accounts - one (PrinnyBoy0384) which only has a lot of random games which were never finished(I did get Kingdom Hearts Final Mix to 98%) and my old Phaentom account (which was Maphantom238) - this one will be a fresh start and have only games which I intend to get 100% in.

EDIT: Placed the trophies in spoiler tags so to compress the size of the post. :)

EDIT 2: Put spoilers in the spoilers giving brief words on my experiences with the games as everyone seems to be doing it. ;)

Platinums 1-10

#1: LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

1Lae0928.png

Life Finds A Way

Date Obtained: November 16, 2015 (rented)
Enjoyment: 10/10
Difficulty: 2/10

Pros: Big beautiful open world spanning all four movies.
Cons: A bit too big for casual trophy hunters, expect to be doing a lot!

This was my first game off of GameFly and it was quite a beautiful game. I had never watched any of the Jurassic Park movies, except Jurassic World, and this game really hit the nail on the head. Also, it removed much of the violence that the movies showed off.

#2 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4*

1Ld34973.png

True Wizard

Date Obtained: November 23, 2015
Enjoyment: 9/10

* This game only has one version, for PS3, so I didn't put a version after it.

Pros: I had briefly owned a collector's edition with a custom case and a copy of a DVD of the first Harry Potter movie!

Cons: A nasty bug locked me out of a room and the last collectible, so I had to redo the entire game

Harry Potter was one of my favorite stories - I had read the books before seeing the movies, but the movies created the characters that appeared in my mind. These LEGO games are pretty easy, and this is probably the easiest of the lot IMHO.

#3 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (PS3)

1L60ddf2.png
Complete Hero

Date Obtained: November 30, 2015

Pros: Beautiful open world with lots of atmosphere

Cons: It's always twilight, which got boring; takes forever to get anywhere without fast travel; difficult air races

Never expected to be into Batman but LEGO makes Batman cute enough to stomach. However, in no way, shape or form am I ever going to play the Arkham trilogy. :rolleyes:

#4 - LEGO The Hobbit (PS4)

1L7fcd34.png
The Road Goes Ever On

Date Obtained: December 5, 2015 (rented)
Enjoyment: 8.5/10
Difficulty: 2.5/10

Pros: Beautiful LEGO rendition of Tolkein's work

Cons: One cut scene cannot be skipped; no chance in heck of getting the final movie so we never see Smaug get iced by the Bard :(

I honestly wished that LEGO had waited to release this game until after the third Hobbit movie so they could add in that content, but even so the game recaptures what I read in the book when I was way younger. :D

#5 - LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS3)

1L92d856.png
One Ring to Build Them All

Date Obtained: December 16, 2015
Enjoyment: 7.5/10
Difficulty: 3/10

Pros: Very nice LEGO rendition of Tolkein's work

Cons: A couple of Mithril Bricks aggravated me, Isengard aggravated me

I had actually failed to plat this on my other account due to Isengard and Legolas, but now I realized that it was user error - playing as Acrobat Robin in the LEGO Batman games taught me how to swing from pole to pole properly and that helped me reduce the rage when I tackled Isengard again - not so much with the Mithril Brick on Mount Doom, though. :angry:

#6 - XBLAZE LOST: MEMORIES (PS3)

1L5c95c4.png
Omnipotent

Date Obtained: December 19, 2015
Enjoyment: 5/10
Difficulty: 1/10

Pros: Easy platinum, you only have to get the True Ending and make sure you get all the collectibles; amazing stories

Cons: Very boring considering I don't like subbed anime, and you cannot even fast-forward scenes like in Persona 4 Golden :(

I had been toying around with this for a while but eventually GameFly shipped it to me and forced me to play it. :lol: My first 'visual novel', I really liked the story of the alchemist's daughter who had to get over her hatred of her dad and his experiments on her, and how she used her father's experiment results to save the other girl and help that girl defeat a really tough enemy. It has some pseudo-game play to make it not so boring. The voices are Japanese but it has sub-titles.

#7 - LEGO MARVEL Superheroes (PS3)

1L6bf239.png
Have You Ever Tried Shwarma?

Date Obtained: December 22, 2015
Enjoyment: 7.5/10

Pros: It's not dark like Gotham was in LEGO Batman 2; Deadpool is very snarky

Cons: Flight mechanics stink and forced me to do many races; This version froze on me several times :(

Another bane of my existence due to the stupid flying controls I could never master. I don't know if I will ever bother with the PS4 version, because this version left a sour taste in my mouth due to the random game lock-ups. Word of advice: NEVER play a PS3 port of a PS4 title, it is way too inferior. :unsure: Still, I made it through. I'm not as big a fan of Marvel as I am of DC.

#8 - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4)

1L006f3e.png
World's Finest

Date Obtained: December 26, 2015

Pros: My first LEGO game, and an wonderful experience. Made me a DC fan. The DLC is excellent as well.

Cons: I had trouble with the Lantern Planets(like the flags you have to destroy and the races, oh gawd, the races!)

The game that brought me into LEGO games because it was part of my PS4 package and I had lost the download code to LittleBigPlanet3. A really great game and hopefully LEGO Avengers lives up to its name.

#9 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS3)

1Le1a9ea.png
10 Points to Gryffindor

Date Obtained: December 30, 2015
Difficulty: 1.5/10

Pros: Great sequel to Years 1-4

Cons: Free Play was boring, I had to listen to an audio book of Deathly Hallows to get through it

Had owned this several times but it's very old so it has its problems. Still, a great game with very easy trophies.

#10 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)

1L824eaf.png
All Finished!

Date Obtained: January 2, 2016; 9:10 AM

Pros: Simpler and no Students in Peril

Cons: The dueling club was tedious, dueling itself is much more boring here, just spam charged attacks

I wish that they had made Voldemort's death the same as in the book but what can you do? The dueling system is a lot more RNG based and I messed up a few times, but all in all, still a great title.

Platinums 11-20

#11 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)

1L47212f.png
Complete Hero

Date Obtained: January 4, 2016; 1:22 PM
Rarity: 27.86%

Pros: Skippable cutscenes, and all the collectibles are in the levels themselves

Cons: JUSTICE LEAGUE BATTLE MISSIONS - NEVER AGAIN! X(

I wasn't surprised when the Vita versions of the LEGO games were watered-down versions of the originals. The only bad things about this were the tricky-as-hell Justice League battle gauntlets(had a tough as nails time with the final one) and the grainy quality of the ripped cutscenes from the original game.

#12 - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita)

1L0d7a7b.png
Platinum

Date Obtained: January 5, 2016; 1:02 AM
Rarity: 43.97%

Pros: Added in some nice rail shooter levels that were fun

Cons: My game crashed a couple of times, I now hate Superman in Space due to the fact that it denied me the Joker Card twice

This game at least fixed the cutscenes so they were as crisp as the ones from the PS4 version. I liked the Superman in Space level because it let us play as Superman during that one part with Brainiac, but you have to be picture perfect to get the Joker Card without multiple retries. I was not, ugh! Also, I loved how they added more ship shooter levels in and made them like Starfox instead of Resogun.

#13 - LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)

1Lc0aa32.png
Life... uh, finds a way

Date Obtained: January 5, 2016; 6:07 PM
Rarity: 59.79%
Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Pros: Dinosaur paddocks were an interesting feature; nice mini-hubs which you can customize with minikits

Cons: Having to grind the Jurassic World bonus level with x1980 studs 100 times to get one trophy :(

It was a dumbed-down version of the console versions, the mini-hub system was interesting, and I liked how they had mini-hubs where you were restricted to dinos, allowing the dinosaurs to have more screen time. Not much to say about this.

#14 - LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin
1L4633e8.png
Master of Spinjitzu!

Date Obtained: January 6, 2016; 12:22 PM
Rarity: 65.18%
Enjoyment: 8/10

Pros: Now I really regret not having seen the entire six seasons of this show... :(

Cons: A couple of challenges are jerks, like avoiding damage; only three stud multipliers

I have never seen the cartoon, but this game really felt like an episode arc of the cartoon. I may become a Ninjago fan. ^_^ However, the lava slide challenge was a pain in the neck.

#15 - LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey

1L4bd62c.png
Triple Chi Legend

Date Obtained: January 7, 2016; 2:47 PM

Rarity: 51.91%
Enjoyment: 6/10
Difficulty: 1/10

Pros: Easiest LEGO Platinum I ever did; the characters are all nice-looking; Furtivo is awesome

Cons: No 100% Completion Trophy to keep me interested after I got the platinum :(

I have never watched an episode of this cartoon either, but the game was interesting even if it didn't have a 100% complete trophy. I am a big fan of Furtivo the Fox. Then again, I am a big fox fan... ;)

#16 - Sly Cooper and The Thievius Raccoonus (Vita)
1L3d80f0.png

True Thievius Raccoonus

Date Obtained: January 9, 2016; 10:05 PM
Rarity: 53.73%

Pros: No B.S. Trophies, characters were awesome
Cons: The races require a lot of stupid AI RNG to win, when I first did "A Daring Rescue" I kept missing the Ninja Spire Jump

I had played Ratchet and Clank and Jak but never this member of the 'mascot trinity.' So I played it for my Platinum Rain Day even last year. Holy hell, was had I missed all this time?!? The characters were much more fun for me than the duos - Sly is a cocky bastard, Bentley is the resident nerd, Murray is the stupid but big-hearted grunt, and Carmelita is the foil who seeks to beat up the heroes but always gets outfoxed, if you pardon my punnage. It all feels like someone a kid would watch on Saturday morning. :lol: The races and shooting missions were jerkwads, but all in all I got over it and the trophy list is so frickin' easy even a baby could do it.

#17 - LEGO Jurassic World (PS3)

1L6ed0d9.png

Life Finds a Way

Date Obtained: January 14, 2016; 2:43 AM

Rarity: 31.53%
Enjoyment: 6/10

Pros: Faithfully copied everything from the PS4 version...

Cons: Sadly, it added its own spin - lots of constant pause-loads, several freezes that forced a reboot, and I missed TWO GOLD BRICKS. :(

Need I repeat what I said about LEGO Marvel Superheroes? :P

#18 - Ratchet and Clank (HD Collection)

1L6f7785.png
Gadget Master

Date Obtained: January 16, 2016; 6:37 PM
Rarity: 28.53%
Difficulty: 4/10

Pros: Got my first ever trophy in this game, great story and lots of humor

Cons: I NEVER WANT TO HOVERBOARD AGAIN. :angry:

One of my favorite classics, even though I could do without the hoverboarding trophies. I'm one of the bolt-glitchers because it would take years of my life to get a million bolts normally - there was no bolt multiplier back then.

#19 - Sly Cooper and The Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)
1L3d80f0.png

True Thievius Raccoonus

Date Obtained: February 5, 2016; 10:05 PM
Rarity: 55.73%

Pros: I've still got the moves! ^_^

Cons: That. Damn. Mz. Ruby! Had to go through her cutscene TWICE. Also, I missed 2 bottles in each of the Panda King's stages. :angry:

GameFly failed to deliver the Sly Collection to me for a month and I raged about that. Even so, I'd play the game again as the game is really fun. Shame that they copped out with the third member of the Fiendish Five, but what can you do? I'm sort of glad I didn't see her again in Sly 3, nor Raleigh, as I hated those characters.

#20 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3)
1L9c00f5.png
Top of the Heap

Date Obtained: February 9, 2016; 10:56 PM
Rarity: 39.72%

Props: Very easy platinum - get 100% of the collectibles and you get 100% of the trophies. ;)

Slops: DARK ECO AND BOTTOMLESS PITS. Also, the ring races and Lava Tube. :(

This game only seems tough because getting certain things takes a lot of work. The zoomer races are just as bad as the hoverboard races in Ratchet and Clank, I am scared to play Jak II now because they have lots of zoomer missions. Still, easy peasy.

Platinums 21 - 30

#21 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)
1L3d80f0.png

Unlikely Bandit

Date Obtained: February 11, 2016; 2:57 PM
Rarity: 60.95%

Props: Easy trophy list; you don't even need to 100% it.

Slops: Almost every mission in Chapter 4 on took me a zillion tries. :angry:

Sly 2 made me feel more like a professional cat burglar, I loved how Bentley planned out how to complete the chapter objective. Getting all the clue bottles was boring and I didn't bother with it in during this version.

#22 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Vita)
1L3d80f0.png

Unlikely Bandit

Date Obtained: February 13, 2016; 6:53 PM

Rarity: 51.55%

Props: Getting 100%, a little easier to do some sections in the Vita version
Slops: I guess I am not good at rail shooters, as Clock-la beat my tail again and again. :(

This version went by a bit easier, though I still hate having to redo the final battle a zillion times. I was getting bored by the time I finally popped the platinum so I just quit and didn't bother with the ending sequence. I did get 100% here though.

#23 - Teslagrad (PS4)

1L47879f.png
Full Completion

Date Obtained: February 27, 2016; 4:58 PM

Rarity: 32.57%
Difficulty: 5/10

Props: Lovely music, easy trophy list - just 100% collectibles
Slops: Some of the puzzles took multiple attempts, as did getting to one scroll

After playing this on PS Plus last year, this game was really nifty. The fact you don't even need to fight the final boss makes this game a pretty easy platinum, if it weren't for the challenging electricity/magnetism puzzles.

#24 - Dark Cloud (PS2 import)
1Lf16eae.png
Dungeon Master

Date Obtained: February 29, 2016; 11:46 AM

Rarity: 26.03%

Props: A lovely PS2 classic that will continue to be enjoyed for a long time thanks to the PS4 program.

Slops: Getting the Sticky Fingers trophy. :angry:

I love how they ported this classic game to the PS4 so newer generations can enjoy it. While I like that it's in the raw unedited form and wasn't made into a remake, I do concur that some things could have been improved; for example, make the big chests spawn more often so I could get the Bandit Slingshot sooner!

#25 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS Vita)

1La063b7.png

Mask and Stripes Forever

Date Obtained: March 2, 2016; 10:37 AM

Rarity: 12.67%
Difficulty: 4/10

Props: Sly Cooper is more HD than ever and Bentley got his safari hat back. :D

Slops: Something about Penelope I won't spoil here, Carmelita has squirrel cheeks, and Galeth needs fire-proof armor. :holy:

I accidentally deleted the summary for this game - all I can remember is that I got it free in a holiday deal.

#26 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

1La063b7.png

Mask and Stripes Forever

Date Obtained: March 8, 2016; 1:28 PM

Rarity: 16.30%
Enjoyment: N/A
Difficulty: 0/10

Pros: Cross-Save

Cons: My PS3 only registered half of the list so I had to re-cross-save to get the rest to pop.

Yes, this game has a cross-save feature, so I rented this version from GameFly and did the upload/download - the PS3 must have hated that as it only popped 46% completion so I had to upload and download again. Don't get me wrong, I thought that the PS3 version looked better, but I AM NEVER DOING CRAZED CLIMBER OR 8-BIT BENTLEY STYLE EVER AGAIN!!! :angry: Cross-saving the game from my Vita ust have pi**ed off some higher power as just as I was doing this, I got an eviction notice. :jaymon:Luckily I managed to talk the financial director out of kicking me out of the apartments and paid the rent I forgot to pay a week ago. Oops. :spank:

#27 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Vita)
1L9c00f5.png
Top of the Heap

Date Obtained: March 11, 2016; 4:11 PM
Rarity: 18.39%
Enjoyment: 7/10

Props: Very easy platinum - get 100% of the collectibles and you get 100% of the trophies. ;)

Slops: Everything I said about the PS3 version and MOAR. :angry:

I tried this because the Jak Collection on Vita was available... and then I was warned too late by Dragon-Archon that the controls stink on the Vita version. And man, was he right! I had a lot harder time. Also, I missed a trophy involving the touchscreen and had to do a trash game to get back to Boggy Swamp for the swamp rat mini-game which I failed at miserably until I just screwed it and mixed it up with regular attacks and the touchscreen. Maybe it was an omen - I'm getting rid of this collection for good.

#28 - XBLAZE LOST: MEMORIES (PS Vita)
1L961a63.png
Omnipotent

Date Obtained: March 22, 2016
Enjoyment: 4/10
Difficulty: 0.5/10

Pros: Easy platinum; amazing stories; easier to skip dialogue than the PS3 Version

Cons: I just button-mashed through it, I don't think VNs are my style.

Finally got this version after GameFly finally came through for me, but it was slightly boring. I skipped through everything with the sound off and watched a speed run of something else on Youtube while mashing buttons, as I already knew how the story went after going through normally on the PS3 version, which makes it hard to skip dialogue. I got it done in one morning and sent it back that afternoon. Still, if you have nothing better to do, you can always read the memory stones - I skipped them this time as I remembered how you get all the TiPs in story. The whole thing is an interactive anime, but if I wanted to see an anime, I don't want to play a game without any skill. I know Kochiya-Shana and a few others will get angry at me for saying that VNs are boring, but that's my honest opinion, so please don't get too offended.

#29 - LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS Vita)
1La1fbfb.png
One Ring to Build Them All

Date Obtained: March 25, 2016
Enjoyment: 5/10

Pros: Easier than the PS3 version and no BS Gold Bricks!

Cons: Helium voices Red Brick - 5,000,000 Studs?!?! You're bandits!!! :(

Wish I could say something positive about this version of this game, but it was rather boring. It was much easier to get the trophies and I got through the game but it left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. Maybe doubling up on trophies isn't so great after all. :( And why are all the useless Red Bricks so darn expensive?

#30 - Tearaway (Vita)
1Lebf031.png
Perfection

Date Obtained: April 12, 2016; 11:30 AM

Trophy Difficulty: 2/10

Game Difficulty: 5/10

Pros: Very surreal and a new experience for me. It was interesting seeing my face in the sun! ^_^

Cons: The three trophies that are "get through a stage without dying." I hate those trophies.

I had always wanted to try this game out but was reluctant because I didn't want a game on my backlog that I didn't want to complete. But eventually I got it in GameFly and had a blast playing a paper-craft character delivering a message to me, the player. Every aspect of the Vita - touch screen, microphone, six-axis motion - was required to complete the game.

Platinums 31 - 40

Platinum #31 - Criminal Girls: Invite Only
1L280f71.png
Trophy Complete

Date Obtained: April 17, 2016; 9:03 PM
Enjoyment: 7/10
Trophy Difficulty: 1/10
Game Difficulty: 6/10

Pros: Really fun game, and I am not talking about the mini-games for teaching your characters skills! *cough cough*

Cons: The final bosses are trolls, especially the one which constantly heals! Also, the grind is 00ber annoying.

This was a very quick game but I took my time getting the last skills and fighting the final bosses because you pay for healing items with the same currency you need to 'motivate' the characters to learn all their skills. But it's a very deep game despite the hentai parts.

Platinum #32 - LEGO Avengers (PS4)

1L384bd1.png
Peace in Our Time

Date Obtained: Apr. 25, 2016; 5:16 AM

"Here we all are, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world! So stand and fight! Outwit the platinum bastard!" - Nick Fury, Age of Ultron

Needless to say, I had seen the Age of Ultron movie in theaters so I knew what to expect. Still, this game was a typical LEGO game with all the LEGO shenanigans. The worst collectible was the last collectibles in the last level, where you had to get them before the Scarlet Witch powered up and forced a scene change. If you didn't get the last Minikit in time, you were S.O.L. and had to redo the whole scene. Still, the game was pretty nifty and I liked the Carter missions and the Hulk selfies, they were completely hilarious. :awesome:

I might look into the LEGO The Force Awakens game - I skipped on the Clone Wars game(due to bad experiences with glitchy LEGO games - never finished LEGO Indiana Jones 2) but this might be interesting.

Platinum #33 - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
1L9b10ff.png
Wizardry Whiz

Date Obtained: Aug. 4, 2016; 3:32 PM
Trophy Difficulty: 8/10
Game Difficulty: 7/10

This took almost four bleeding months to platinum. I loved this Studio Ghibli game and I will enjoy playing the sequel when it comes out, but my ARCEUS did this take forever. Most of the trophies were easily earned by getting through the story and post-game. However, the last three trophies I earned - Familiarologist, Mad Scientist, and Solosseum Master, were terrible. The first two were just plain grindy and took a lot of RNG to get everything for. I had to spend money at the undead casino (and win a couple of games of Platoon) to get enough tickets to buy all the movie tickets and enough Jumbo Drops to fully evolve a lot of familiars. The Mad Scientist was harder but luckily I managed to not need to get a bunch of the ultra rare stuff for the 120 alchemy recipes. The hardest, by far, was the Solosseum Rank S win; the final opponent was insanely tough and you fight a very tough foe in the third round as well. I was glad I found you can skip the whole dialogue and just get into the battles.

Still, I enjoyed the story of this game and will gladly platinum the sequel when it comes out.

Platinum #34 - Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

1Le84a33.png
Hero of the Galaxy

Date Obtained: Aug. 6, 2016; 10:24 AM
Trophy Difficulty: 5/10

This was part of my Summer Backlog Challenge for 2016, which I failed miserably, but I did manage to get it done with some hard work and dedication. Still a great game.

Platinum #35 - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix

Birth by Sleep Master

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/9dcbfe/trophies/1L6da1d7.png

Date Obtained: October 1, 2016
Rarity: 6.73%
Game Difficulty: 5.5 / 10
Trophy Difficulty: 9 / 10

My first ever Kingdom Hearts platinum and I am proud I stuck with it until the end. But I will not re-platinum it if we have to re-earn the trophies for the PS4 version. On second thought, if they require you to re-earn all the trophies on PS4, I am not buying that collection. It'd probably be $59.99 anyways.

Platinum #36 - Ratchet and Clank (PS4 version)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/69ccc5/trophies/1L78e2ce.png

The Hero of Heroes

Date Obtained: October 26, 2016
Rarity: 33.39%
Game Difficulty: 2/10
Trophy Difficulty: 5/10

Thanks to the game, I am never watching the movie. Yep, the movie industry lost a lot of money on me because of the game!

^_^ Great reimagining which utilized all the stuff the Future series introduced. Insomniac, do a movie/game adaption of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal!!! PLEASE!!!

Platinum #37 - Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (HD collection)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/175ea0/trophies/1L1917c3.png

He Went Commando

Date Obtained: December 2, 2016
Rarity: 35.85%
Game Difficulty: 2.5/10
Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

With this, I was able to finally trade in my copy of the Ratchet and Clank collection. I really enjoyed it while it lasted but I needed the store credit. Still, I'm sure someone else will enjoy this wonderful collection of nostalgia. This was my favorite of the trilogy.

Platinum #38 - Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/1087d1/trophies/1Lf43eb2.png

The Pride of Fastoon

Rarity: 35.71%
Game Difficulty: 2.5 / 10
Trophy Difficulty: 2 / 10

The last game in the Future series felt very rushed and unfinished, but it was also pretty easy to get all the trophies. I accidentally forgot to grind bolts for the Nether Armor but thanks to Youtube magic, I was able to get a bolt-farming guide and got the required 1.5 million bolts in half an hour.

Platinum #39 - Psychonauts

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/1dc635/trophies/1L8dfed1.png

Brainiac

Rarity: 15.83%
Game Difficulty: 3.5 / 10
Trophy Difficulty: 2.5 / 10

Another of my favorite games for the PS2, and it was given a speed-run spot on AGDQ 2017, which was sweet!

^_^ It's cooky, funny, got claymated figures, and was just fun all around. The collectibles and some miscellaneous trophies are the only hard ones.

Platinum #40 - World of Final Fantasy

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/e5fde7/trophies/1L7b3d36.png

True Grymoirian

A really poignant story where you fight with familiar Final Fantasy creatures and alongside Final Fantasy characters from the original Warrior of FF1 to Lightning from FFXIII. With the chibified Lillikins, this game is cute and serious at the same time. Play this game if you love Final Fantasy!

Platinums 41+

Platinum #41 - LEGO Dimensions (Base Game)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/b5f4a3/trophies/1L7f7a49.png

Vortech's Bane

Rarity: 18.00%
Game Difficulty: 2 / 10
Trophy Difficulty: 5 / 10

Okay, another LEGO game, and one of those "buy everything to 100%" games, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. I just complete the Fantastic Beasts story pack and it was fun!

Platinum #42 - Dragon Quest Builders

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/f9e38b/trophies/1L472e3f.png

Perfectionist

Date Obtained: December 17, 2016
Rarity: 14.75%

I popped this platinum on December 17 because it was the Vita's Japanese birthday. I wasn't sold on the Minecraft aspect, but this game's story and the setting in the original Dragon Quest world, Alefgard, is just too awesome to ignore... and it has extra content in you can create your own town in the free-play isle after you've completed all the story chapters! I plan to make a custom town in the Isle Terracognita when I am too unmotivated to do anything else. ;)

Platinum #43 - Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (Vita)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/44b824/trophies/1L7b0d30.png

Agent 47

Date Obtained: December 18, 2016
Rarity: 69.63%
Game Difficulty: 1/10

I don't like Hitman, but this game was cheap and you can cheese your way to a platinum by following a solution guide.

Platinum #44 - inFAMOUS: Second Son

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3ce090/trophies/1L889b63.png
Enjoy Your Powers

Date Obtained: Dec. 27, 2016
Rarity: 34.72%
Game Difficulty: 8/10
Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

Created by the same people that brought you the Sly Cooper series, this game is very hard to get through because you have to play as good and evil on the game to get all the trophies. I went through the Infamous route first and it was really brutal, then Expert Mode was even worse especially since I couldn't kill people willy-nilly. I owe Youtube my sanity as there was a funny Let's Play of this game. The reason I did this game was because there were not many games that started with the letter "I" for my name game project. Still, this game was pretty cool.

Platinum #45 - Adventures of Mana

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/9b0924/trophies/1Lcd4e46.png
The Hero of Mana

Date Obtained: December 30, 2016
Rarity: 24.72%

A remaster of the ancient Game Boy title,

Final Fantasy Adventures. Over all, a really cool game that fixed a lot of stuff from the original.

Platinum #47 - Putty Squad
https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/fd0a05/trophies/1Ldb61ea.png
HERO

Date Obtained: January 1, 2017
Rarity: 19.47%
Game Difficulty: 4/10
Trophy Difficulty: 3/10

Don't be fooled by the numbers - the reason this game has a rare platinum is because not many people play this game. It's a basic reimagining of an old NES game that nobody bothered with. I only played it because I needed a game starting with the letter "P" and I had already platinumed Psychonauts.

Platinum #47 - Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/f0da18/trophies/1Le737b9.png

Platinum

Date Obtained: January 6, 2016
Rarity: 78.80%

Point-and-click adventures are a sticky wicket to do on consoles, but this game does it well. Created by some company I forgot the name of, this game has a lot of puzzles which you need to figure out. Set in a steampunk era, you play a young woman whose scientist friend calls to some sort of Bavarian town to discuss a situation involving earthquakes... and he gets kidnapped by giant robots. I won't spoil it further, but needless to say, there are a lot of puzzles, including hidden-object puzzles which require you to find objects hidden in a mess of stuff. Great game for the mental athletes.

Platinum #48 - Lara Croft GO
https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/78ebfb/trophies/1Lf116e4.png
A true adventurer

Tomb Raider is an okay franchise with a strong female protagonist, and this game really makes it worthwhile. It's a grid-based puzzler like Hitman GO, but unlike that game, the graphics are more realistic. Great for fans of the luscious Lara Croft and this game is so easy it's not worth the money; you can even turn on a hint and the game basically walks you through each stage. The only tricky things are the collectible jars that have treasures - I missed a few and had to redo stages to find them.

More soon...

Future Platinums:

• Disgaea series
  • Kingdom Hearts series (Own both 1.5 and 2.5 Remix and will grab 2.8 FCP if it ever comes out)
  • Persona 4 Golden (just re-purchased and started up the game, almost got platinum on it on my other account but the whole Hardcore Risette Fan... ugh, toooooo lazy to work on it now that I've downloaded Conception II -_- )
  • My PS2 Classics (Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, and OKAGE: Shadow King)

Future Game Series which will continue to get platinums:

• Ratchet and Clank (2, maybe Crack in Time and definitely Into the Nexus and the reboot) (My copy of Crack in Time got damaged so I have to repurchase it.)
  • Sly Series (Honor Among Thieves[on PS3 only, the Vita version needs to be bought off the digital store]) (I am GOING to platinum Sly 3 someday...)
  • Jak Series (even though I really hate the races in 2 and 3, I need to conquer these demons: EDIT - Jak 3 will probably be ghosted as I have decided that I don't need to prove anything - I do have to platinum Jak 2 on PS3 though and that's it) (Sadly Sly 3 and Jak 2 are not going to be touched soon if at all - I'm stuck in the story on those games due to unfair vehicle mechanics and I got rid of my Jak collection for better games. I might try to get them back later, maybe in 2017 with my Christmas Money.)

100% Games I have completed trophy lists on:

• Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (on 1.5 Remix, it's just a ton of movies)
  • Kingdom Hearts re:coded (on 2.5 Remix, it's just a ton of movies)
  • Sly Minigames (it was on the Sly Collection)

100% Games I have started:

• A Boy as His Blob (Vita) - I played the original game on NES back in the day and this is a fun mechanic. (Have completed all the challenges except for the Citadel challenges; the Blobonia challenges are a nightmare!)
  • The Song of the Deep (PS4) - Sadly, I damaged my disk for some reason and have to replace it. I am NEVER taking my PS4 to my parent's house ever again. :( (Got the disc and thankfully it's patched but I forgot how the game got so far so I may have to restart the game.)
Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 3

Big Lego fan I see?  :lol:

Your future platinums seem like they'll probably be pretty time consuming too! Speaking of which, I really need to finish Disgaea D2...

Thanks, but I think I've covered all of the good LEGO platinums - the only ones left are for the Vita and PS3, except the LEGO Movie game, which I am hiding in my back cabinet like a coward because of one collectible. The rest of the Vita versions are all insta-death which force you to restart a level if you get killed.

Yes, I tend to have a fondness for RPGs which is why I am going to go slow with them. As I said, I have created a thread to help me with a few of my games by  rallying a support group. ;)

Nice! You're definitely on your way!!!

A lot of mixed feelings about Ni No Kuni, but listen to me. The game is amazing and is the best looking PS3 game (maybe best video game period). The story is beautiful and is definitely worth platting.

I concur - I played through the game for 12 hours for Extra Life and got to the joining of the final party member. It's very grind-heavy and there are only a few story trophies but I do plan on working on it in a couple of months.

LEGO all the way! :)  you don't see that too often! Your future Plat games are different and the one I like is Ni No Kuni. Such a beautiful game in terms of story, animation and gameplay. I really do love that game and actually, I need to go back to it! Still need to plat it... B)

Added a new trophy:

1L6ed0d9.png

#17 LEGO Jurassic World (PS3)

Worst version ever, but then again, the developers thinks the PS3 is going the way of the dinosaurs, so they don't beta-test their products. :(

EDIT: And another new trophy a couple of days later!

1L6f7785.png

#18: Ratchet and Clank

Finally got those hoverboard trophies, thank goodness! I hope the movie reboot has sane racing trophies. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 2 weeks later...

I have been sort of busy playing computer games so I haven't updated for a while, though I have started Sly 2 on the Vita. Once I get GameFly's next gift - the Sly Cooper collection on PS3 - I plan on having those games be on the checklist.

EDIT: Nine days and counting, my mailbox is still empty. What the f*** US Postal Service?!? Give me my game! :angry:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: So this checklist is going a bit slowly as now I'm reaching games which are going to be a pain to deal with. I have GameFly so when I get new games from them, I'll platinum them and put them on the checklist. (Right now I have Teslagrad for PS4 on tap.) However, here are some other games I plan on working on in the coming months, mainly for the next Platinum Rain Day even coming up on Aug. 20. (I won't include games I'm doing from GameFly as those are rentals.)

L9ca196.png

Unearned Trophies:

• The Reaper Becomes the Reaped
  • Card Collector
  • Welcome Back
  • Legend of Inaba
  • Thorough Bookkeeper
  • The Truth in Your Hands
  • Hardcore Risette Fan
  • Compulsive Reader
  • The Power of Truth
  • One Who Has Proven Their Power

I can complete the first two trophies on this list right now; I just have to spawn the Reaper(who should be easy to take down on Super Easy mode) and get about 15 more skill cards from Shuffle Time. The next four will require me to advance to March 20, which means the dreaded Hollow Forest. Yes, I admit I should have just not saved Marie and told Margaret to screw it, but I'm an idiot and now have to deal with the worst dungeon IMHO. :( I am working on two uber Persona to deal with the gimmick mobs and the bosses. The last four are for New Game Plus only - I failed to get all the books read due to me wasting a fortune on a Link I didn't need to waste it on and accidentally helping Nanako with her homework near the end, screwing me out of three nights. And I had five books unread and needed to max out Kanji's link quickly. At least in NG+ I don't have to waste time with my stats. ;)

L5aaef8.png

I only have four unearned trophies and half of them will pop once I beat the bosses of Moon Sea and the final boss. The third one is easy peasy - I have a Chronicle Sword at +6. HOWEVER, the roadblock is Sticky Fingers as I have never found a single Bandit Slingshot or Bandit Ring. I have to go farm the Divine Beast Cave or Wise Owl Forest to get the Bandit Slingshot for Xiao, which stinks as the big chests that give weapons are rarer than dirt, and finding a Bandit Slingshot in them is almost impossible. I wish we could build up a weapon to have the Steal skill, but no dice. :(

Leef6d4.png

• Supporting Cast
  • LEGENDary
  • A Royal Arsenal
  • A Class of Its Own
  • Finny Frenzy First
  • What? Your Monster Is Evolving!
  • Palace of Flowers
  • Monster Master
  • A True Visionary
  • Medalhead
  • The Forgotten Adventure

I've listed all these trophies in the order I should get them - I need to clear out Moonflower Palace's medals before I can get to the final chapter as once you fight Emperor Griffon, the palace vanishes and you can't get any medals from those places. A True Visionary is another trophy needing you to clear the 'final' boss of the game to get to the secret chapter since one of the final scoops is earned by fighting the mid-boss of the secret dungeon. Everything else will just take some time and require marathons of grinding. All in all, not hard at all.

L7a41a3.png

I have put this off for a while until I can get enough money to buy the Sly Cooper collection on PS3. Gamefly has been giving me a bit of grief lately on delivering, but I was able to get the PS3 collection from them long enough to plat Sly 2 and Sly 1 as well as get 100% on Sly Minigames. Most of the stuff is basically grinding or getting through missions. I was rage quitting due to an RC mission but once I buy the PS3 collection, I will get back on it.

L4dee04.png

Still working on this game. All I need to do is get all the collectibles, maps and a couple of BS trophies(like Crazed Climber) but I'll get there, I promise.

Se3edf9.pngS2b98b6.pngSfa64ec.pngSd2b43c.png

Yeah, the Disgaea series. I will get those soon enough. I might trade in my copy of D2 for the Disgaea triple pack so I can get the original Disgaeas and do those for fun as they are very ancient. These plats require a ton of grinding so don't expect them to be platted until 2017. :(

S4cfc1c.png

Yes, I am starting to work on Kingdom Hearts games in prep for 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue coming out later this year. The KH games will be part of the PRD event.

Good luck mate with Hardcore Risette Fan. It is useful to make print list will all comments and make it a check list.

Anyway, the game is just amazing nothing else to add.

Thanks. :)

Anyways, a quick update.

1L9c776a.png

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

Yes, I cross-saved with my Vita on this version when it came from GameFly and immediately sent it back. If it makes the purists feel any better, I had to upload and download TWICE because the PS3 version only popped 46% of the trophies with the first save - and it was the same save, my Vita Platinum save! :(

Don't worry, that is the ONLY Cross-Save I'll ever do - I don't intend to touch Sound Shapes or any other such game.

In the meantime, busy playing through the PS2 port of Rogue Galaxy. I intend to platinum this sometime this month, or at least get all the trophies except the Ghost Ship and Insectron trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1Lebf031.png
Platinum #30: Tearaway

Perfection

I am pleased to make at least one of Media Molecule's gems into a platinum and this one got the honor of being my next landmark. I was a bit wary of this game but I eventually got over it and played it - the three required trophies for getting through a stage without dying were pretty tough but I managed to focus and get through. This game was the most surreal I played. I can't wait to check out the PS4 version, Tearaway Unfolded! ^_^

1L280f71.png
Platinum #31 - Criminal Girls: Invite Only

Trophy Complete

An... interesting... game to be sure, but regardless of the R-rated stuff in it, this game was an experience. It is very short but the dungeons get very tough very fast and the final bosses can easily wipe you in one shot.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

• 2 months later...

Nice list man! You should get into the Disgaea games asap as they are very good. In my opinion, the fourth game is the hardest and the third game is slightly easier due to having less requirements, trophy-wise. However, if I had to suggest which version to buy I would just stick with the Vita versions since they come with all of the DLC for no charge.

Nice list man! You should get into the Disgaea games asap as they are very good. In my opinion, the fourth game is the hardest and the third game is slightly easier due to having less requirements, trophy-wise. However, if I had to suggest which version to buy I would just stick with the Vita versions since they come with all of the DLC for no charge.

Waaaay ahead of you, buddy. I already own both games on the Vita. I agree the original versions are very difficult to deal with. I also have D2 but I need to get some other games out of the way before I start the long and heavy grind for the remaining trophies. Thanks for your comment, though! ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I apologize for taking so many months to update, but here is a list of all the trophies I earned since my last post - I've also updated my trophy checklist:

1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PS3)
  2. Ratchet and Clank (PS4 version)
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando HD (PS3)
  4. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)
  5. Psychonauts (PS2 Classic)
  6. World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
  7. LEGO Dimensions (PS4)
  8. Dragon Quest Builders (Vita)
  9. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (Vita)
  10. inFAMOUS Second Son
  11. Adventures of Mana (Vita)
  12. Putty Squad (PS4)
  13. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (PS4)
  14. Lara Croft GO (PS4)

My 50th platinum is coming up! Enjoy!