Riptide GP Renegade

snakebit10

I liked Riptide GP, but there wasn't really a lot of depth to it...

It was pretty much a case of being hopelessly outclassed if you couldn't afford a better vehicle, then being able to win effortlessly when you could. I thought that could be because it was originally a mobile game and it's hard to make a game worthy of PS4/X1 over there, especially racers. So I'm kind of disappointed that the next one will be mobile too, but I guess that's where their audience is.

If it's as cheap as the first one I can't complain, at least.

I liked Riptide GP, but there wasn't really a lot of depth to it...

It was pretty much a case of being hopelessly outclassed if you couldn't afford a better vehicle, then being able to win effortlessly when you could. I thought that could be because it was originally a mobile game and it's hard to make a game worthy of PS4/X1 over there, especially racers. So I'm kind of disappointed that the next one will be mobile too, but I guess that's where their audience is.

If it's as cheap as the first one I can't complain, at least.

Not sure that is entirely true. The AI scales as you progress, but also scales to your vehicle. I never found I was able to destroy the competition. In fact, with a really overpower jet you did worse due to poor handling.

The rubberbanding in the game ranks amongst the worst I have ever seen in a racer.

And fun at that. I had fun with it. I am hoping beach buggy is fun once I play that.

I bought Beach Buggy with Riptide in the bundle. Unfortunately the NA version did not get the same patch as EU. While it may be a great buggy game, the grind is pretty miserable, and stretches into the 40-50 hour range.

If you are going to get it, get the EU version which I think is more like a 10 hour plat.

Not sure that is entirely true. The AI scales as you progress, but also scales to your vehicle. I never found I was able to destroy the competition. In fact, with a really overpower jet you did worse due to poor handling.

The rubberbanding in the game ranks amongst the worst I have ever seen in a racer.

I bought Beach Buggy with Riptide in the bundle. Unfortunately the NA version did not get the same patch as EU. While it may be a great buggy game, the grind is pretty miserable, and stretches into the 40-50 hour range.

If you are going to get it, get the EU version which I think is more like a 10 hour plat.

I actually have the Bundled version of the game. I guess I am in for a long haul than.