Retro Gaming

Paige-ID

Is there potential interest (apart from myself) in a retro gaming sub-forum? Has this been requested before? I realize there's a forum for "other consoles", but it's pretty much dominated by other current-generation consoles. I'm talking about NES/SNES/Genesis/Gameboy/Game Gear/N64/Saturn/PSX/Dreamcast, etc.

No? Ok. :(

Is there potential interest (apart from myself) in a retro gaming sub-forum? Has this been requested before? I realize there's a forum for "other consoles", but it's pretty much dominated by other current-generation consoles. I'm talking about NES/SNES/Genesis/Gameboy/Game Gear/N64/Saturn/PSX/Dreamcast, etc.

You could create a dominating thread topic about those if you are creative. It doesn't just become a separate sub-forum on its own. Even the community we plays and project platinums didn't have that. It took years for the "we plays" to develop enough of a following.

Well if the Console section is dominated by current console talk, that probably means there isn't a huge demand for a retro section.

If you look at the Stadium section, we don't have a Football, Soccer, Hockey, Wrestling sub-forum, no we have  threads dedicated to each of those different sports. I think that would be the same thing for Retro gaming. Create a NES thread and see if people start talking in it.

Well, like I said, that seems generally reserved for other current gen consoles. It's not restricted to it but it has been shaped as such over time.

Start some threads. Just don't make them too vague. "What do you think about NES?" isn't going to get any good responses. I happen to believe it's only been "shaped" toward newer gen consoles because that's what's been brought up. When you say "current gen" that is referring to PS4, XBone and Wii U. Is that what you mean? The Other Consoles threads have been talking about PS4 stuff?

I'm a huge fan of NES/SNES/Genesis/Turbografx/Neo Geo stuff. I fell out of gaming while PS1 rose in popularity and didn't get back into it until PS2 slim was introduced. If you talk about old gen stuff, there will be interest, but enough to designate a sub-forum now? Not likely. Start the conversations, we'll see where it goes.

• Like 1