Save Often

FleaSixty

You really do need to save often if you are going to play this game as your crew will sometimes just start falling into the water in a random looping animation and disappear or die. When plundering other ships sometimes it won't let you return to your ship giving the message that you need to be on your ship as well, this then causes you to end up having to take some piece of garbage ship you don't want just to get out of that part of the game. :(

• Like 1

It is glitchy as anything, I would wait and see if it gets patched first. I am now encountering really bad slowdown, inability to remove items and also controls seem to stop working for movement. I was enjoying the game but now......

Edited by FleaSixty
  • Like 1

Scratch saving often, I just turned my ps4 off and then back on to see if it would help with the slowdown I was suffering and my save files have vanished. This game shouldn't have been released in such a broken mess. 

So far I have had the following problems

1. Crew members kill themselves as they just keep glitch through the boat into the water and dying.
  2. Once you attack another boat you can't leave on your own boat and choose to plunder as you get the message that you must be on your boat despite actually being on it. 
  3. Once you decide to commander the other boat it says you can't as you need to be on the enemy boat even if you are standing on it with all your crew.
  4. Slowdown, how the hell can I have slowdown when there is just me and 4 crew mates on an empty island.
  5. Resetting after getting fed up of the slowdown I thought I would continue only to find that all 3 of my save files had now vanished. 
  6. Crew mates not actually attacking anyone and just standing on the boat.
  7. Crew mates getting stuck on enemy boats.
  8. Controls to move left or right stopping from working on islands from time to time meaning that you have to return to your ship to actually go to another island before attempting to return to the town you were just at.
  9. The ladders, how can my crew and I not climb all the way up to the top of the ladders? Sometimes you can climb to the top other times you can't
  10. Crew mates falling into the water instead of actually climbing aboard a ship resulting in having to restart from your last save point.
Edited by FleaSixty
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

...and there the game crashed for the first time. :) Still haven't got a single trophy.

LOL, when I started the game, the trophy "SET SAIL" just popped as I loaded my quick save after the crash.

EDIT: and now the poop deck popped.

Edited by MMDE

F*** IT!!!

"Save data is corrupted. The save data will now be deleted."

Yes, that was because I saved the game, and accidentally hit the "options" button right afterwards.

EDIT:

It only deleted that one save I was saving when it crashed. Luckily I made use of all the slots! :D So do that!! And my auto save made sure I didn't lose much progress at all.

Edited by MMDE

• 3 years later...

This version of the game has to be one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever encountered. The slow-downs are so bad that at the worst moment the game is unplayable, turning FPS to 2 per second. I've decreased my crew from 9 to 5 members, have a smaller ship now and the difference is very small. The mentioned save system is glitchy as well. The game doesn't allow me to save anywhere, just changing "Empty Slot" to "Start New Game". When I've tried overwriting an auto-save (1st) slot it has been erased instead. It certainly won't get patched.

PS

It seems the FPS slowdown was a "random"/glitched thing and occurred only once. After restarting the adventure from scratch I didn't encounter this but got something different instead - my captain was losing the ability to hit anything after a couple minutes. And just like with the slowdown, the only way to fix it for a while was loading the save.

When I finally started my road to 100% on my main account I didn't experience any of those problems but got the "kill 1000 enemies" glitch later on and I had to make a new game with a ~3 hour grinding session especially for the "I see dead pixels" trophy. =/ Talking about bad luck. Anyone willing to complete Pixel Piracy should keep in mind all those weird things happening in this game.

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional info.