Unique or Generic Units?

Uniques vs Generics  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer to build your teams with?

2. 2. If you like Generics, which ones...?

• Humanoids
    • Monsters
    • Even mix

Just curious how people personally prefer to play the game. Do all of ya'll prefer to build your highest level/main forces out of Unique characters (aka Killia, Seraphina, etc.) or generics?

Personally, I prefer to play with generics. A roughly even mix of humanoids and monsters, to be specific. It may not be optimal, but I enjoy games that offer me a significant degree of freedom in party building, so I'll take the opportunity to build an army of my own characters over the canon cast most of the time. In actuality, I've still got a little under half Uniques in my main forces, but I feel I'll phase them out when I unlock some more classes, or get into postgame.

Oh, and I count "plot generics" like THE THROWING OVERLORD as Generics for the sake of my votes, but that's definitely up to personal perspective.

I usually stick to just story characters until post-game, then I'll swap them out for generics since they typically begin to get outclassed at that point. By the time I get to Baal, I tend to only have 2-3 unique characters that are up to par.

I usually prefer unique characters, althought I will have some generics too (a thief & nekomata are the first ones I usually try to get).

One thing I always do in every Disgaea game is making the main character (Laharl, Val, etc.) my strongest unit. Hell, half the time I'll just solo most of the game with just the main character and multiple generic units that has an ability to increase/lower my characters/enemies stats. xD

By post-game though, I'll usually have a fairly decent party (both unique & generic) built up.

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, nobody loves the monsters. :P

Anyways, I do like many of the PC characters(like Fuka and Almaz) but I have a heart for the cute Galaxy Mage and cunning Master Thief and I never have a party without them. And now that D5 has the OP Sage and Pirate classes, I might add those too. ^_^