How would I know that there has already been a topic posted?

cash_division23

Hi all,

I want to contribute and have some fun here....

I recently posted a "what annoys you" idea, and was shut down because something similar had already been posted.  Sorry...Was trying to have some fun, and really don't have the time to figure out what falls into every single category of things previously posted.  

I get reposts, but wow,lets give people a chance here??

Hi all,

I want to contribute and have some fun here....

I recently posted a "what annoys you" idea, and was shut down because something similar had already been posted.  Sorry...Was trying to have some fun, and really don't have the time to figure out what falls into every single category of things previously posted.  

I get reposts, but wow,lets give people a chance here??

You can use the search function to check if something similar already exists (that small, grey sprocket icon in the upper right corner of the screen above the "Follow this topic"). Try to searching for a few words, instead of only 1.

See Search at the top right corner? That.  You can use it to search within the individual sections of the forum too which will limit down results a bit and make them easier to find.

Also, anytime you repost, I think the moderator who closes the thread always has the decency to link you to the original.. even regular users do it sometimes if they seen it before a moderator does and knew there was something very similar that you could have posted in.

Edited by DEMON