Build Help!

SnowyWhiteFox777

Dark Souls 3 Class  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Knight or Warrior?

2. 2. Is the flame sword spell worth it?

Ah, you really have something to look forward to. The setting and the atmosphere are the most magical things about this game in my opinion, and I really wish I could experience that for the first time again. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think and feel about the game.  ^_^  Not a bad price for the GOTY edition, btw. Speaking of it; I should really get off my fat ass and purchase the DLC myself.

Yes, I've got Demon's Souls lying around. I doubt I will play it before DS3, but I will definitely platinum it at some point. I first played Demon's Souls after I played Dark Souls and Dark Souls II, so I don't find Demon's as magical as the people who lost their Souls virginity to it, but it is one of the best games I've played and I'll undoubtedly play the hell out of it later. ^_^

I personally prefer Demon's over Dark, even if Dark does some things better. Demon's have a better soundtrack, like no discussion at all IMO. :P Demon's have darker atmosphere. I'm kinda split on the bosses. Dark takes a lot from Demon's, and it doesn't always make as much sense lore wise as it did in Demon's, like the invasion stuff. In Demon's this was a part of the lore, where the point of invading was that you're out to take someone's body, hence why you could only invade players in body form etc etc. :P I also prefer equipment improvement system. IIRC you had some extra character creation stuff in Demon's. Both had cool weapons and locations etc, though I think my favorite in both games is 3-1 in Demon's. I could go on and on. haha :P

If you want to go a bit more old school, you may want to try the King's Field series, Tower Abyss and Eternal Ring. The games are much slower though, and in first person view. In any case, they play a lot like the Souls games, and have a lot of the same "easter eggs" etc, seeing as it's by the same company. Much of the same types of stats and generally much of the same gameplay. Though the older you go with those games, the more you will see the clear connection to the dungeon crawler genre in it's very old-school nature. Like the very first game KF (JP) was basically 5 floors of a big maze with NPCs, enemies, death traps and treasure etc.

I think if I was to recommend one to start with, I'd do KF4 (Ancient City) for PS2! Then perhaps do either Eternal Ring (PS2) or KF2 and then KF3. KF2 is KF1 in NA/EU, and KF3 is KF2 in NA/EU. :) Stuff like the poison area and Moonlight Greatsword goes back to KF1 and has always kinda been there. Seath, the dragon in Dark Souls 1 comes from the KF games, where it's one of the main characters, at least in KF2 and KF3, a bit uncertain how much in KF1, but I think it kinda is there too. KF1 to 3 is closely connected. KF4 is kinda not, hard to tell really, might be a long time later or before. KF1 doesn't have all that much story, KF2 fleshes most of it out anyway. You will kinda have to piece together the information you get in KF2 to really get what is going on. KF3 is a direct sequel to KF2, and I'd advice against doing that before 2. KF3 is more open world, with KF2 being more of an island with caves you gotta explore. Both have cities etc.

Anyway, have fun! :P And I know I will enjoy Bloodborne.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

If you see the comments in the comment field, you will see the guy gets some things wrong, like the exact numbers of how equipment load affect your rolling. Apparently, in DS3 it's fat roll when above 70%, and else it's normal roll. No mid-roll.

How poise works is a bit up in the air as of now.

Anyway, it raised an interesting question when it comes to how useful luck is. Does it raise resistance or increase chance for inflicting poison. hmm :S Luck might be useful for curse resistance. It's also questionable how well luck helps with item drop chances, especially when it comes to enemies that can drop more than one type of item and it's chance to drop the rare item.

If the luck stat is rather useless for most use, you don't wanna pick Warrior, but instead Knight.

Pyromancy might also be a very good choice depending on how you decide to play. I'm probably going to pick Knight, but depending on how good certain magic and how useful Pyromancy is early in the game and whatnot, I might pick that.

Also, personally, I prefer dex builds with some pyro (depending on how that works), especially for PvE. This comes down to my play style, and it also allow me to be super cheap if I really want to. Dex builds often invest a bit in strength as well, because usually you gain less and less for each upgrade, and strength might improve more or your preferred weapon might scale a bit with strength. For example a bigger non-automatic (non-cross-bows) bow often require some bit of strength, same with various swords and especially shields.

I'm probably going to go for a dex + pyro/magic build for PvE, and I will explain why later on. So let's compare how the two classes goes up against each other with this in mind:

• Level: Doesn't really matter at all, but higher hopefully means less leveling needed to spend the points at the same stats you would anyway.
  • Vigor: If you're going for a melee build, you're likely to take some damage, this might reduced depending on how you play. If you're good at parrying or use a shield, then this might not be that high. It should be high enough so you survive a hit or two without dying, but that's about it. Both classes stands pretty much equal here, there's no reason to pick one over the other, but warrior has spent more on it already, and you will likely spend more later, so it might be preferable here.
  • Attunement: This is a big difference between the two. Warrior is down at 6, the least for any class, while knight is at 10, where 10 is the bare minimum to use any magic. If you are going for a pure melee build, this might be a determining factor, but if you plan on using any magic at all, then they are pretty much equal here too, and preference comes down to if you want to be able to use magic as soon as you get some or if you want to level it up later and focus on strength first. I personally wouldn't have a problem with Warrior, but I'd prefer Knight, since I want to use magic!
  • Endurance: This is a very important stat for one reason, it governs your stamina. Stamina is super important for most builds, and I don't see how that is any different when it comes to melee builds. You want at least 20 endurance, but it's very common to get it to 40, because that's where the stamina gain stops. Don't level it above 40. Both classes have less than 20 end, with warrior already having spent a couple of points more at it, but they stand pretty much equal here, with warrior maybe being preferable because you don't need to invest in it later.
  • Vitality: This stat very much depends on your play style and weapons, armor and whatnot you want to use, because this stat governs the maximum equip load. In the case of dex builds, these are usually much lighter than str builds, because less heavy armor, weapons etc. You will likely get it up a little bit from what both classes starts at, so they are pretty equal in this regard. Knight starts out quite a bit higher, might not be what you want to spend a lot of points on early in the game, but it may also allow you to wear some decent armor and weapons early too. Personally, I'd just go with Knight here, but Warrior doesn't have any disadvantages other than having to level it up later.
  • Strength: Strength allow you to use more powerful weapons and increase physical damage output, may also scale with certain weapons. If you're going for a dex build, you may not need a lot of strength early on, depends a bit on weapons you want to use and their requirements. Warrior starts at 16, which is a bit high if going for dex build, but might be totally okay too. You're likely to get it to around 16-22 or something with a dex build anyway. Knight starts out lower here, so I might prefer that early on, but they stand rather equal, and won't really affect you much in the long run. The max strength in a dex build may be determined by what is required to wield a certain shield, if you plan on using that etc. Shields are not necessarily needed if you go with double katanas, roll well and parry for example, but I like shields (defends better against the unknown). :P But strength is for serious brute builds.
  • Dexterity: Same as strength, but affects other types of weapons, like curved swords, bows etc, and it also lowers the time it takes to cast magic. The latter makes it a very good fit with a magic build. Dex fits very well with Katanas and bows etc, but also some light and quick magic casting. In a dex build, you're likely to get this stat to 40, where from there it's diminishing returns for each increase. Dex allows for more all-round character that focus on physical, but doesn't take a big hit from also allowing for magic and bows etc. Just to be clear, bows are rarely good for PvP or melee, it's cheap distance damage. Either to harm enemy without ever engaging them melee (poison arrows + thief ring, very cheap), or weaken before battle or do some strange distance attack where the enemy think it's safe. Knight shines here with more invested in dex, but it doesn't really matter much, as it's just to invest more with the warrior.
  • Intelligence: Increase magic and pyromancy damage output, but also magic defense. Not sure, but some spells might require higher int to actually use too. You may want to invest a little bit in this stat, but not much, it depends on if certain spells you wanna use require a specific amount of int to use, or if you want certain spells you got to do a certain amount of damage. It also helps when it comes to being strong against magic attacks, which might be useful even for a melee build. This stat's magic def increases seems a bit strange to me, but might be the data I'm reading is wrong. Knight has invested 1 point more in this, and I don't think it really matters much even if pure melee build, but may not want to invest in it if pure melee, idk. If you go for a dex + pyromancy and magic build, then it may be this need to be higher than even knight's int. Possible con to Knight, but meh, idk.
  • Faith: This stat is very difficult to say too much about at this point. It affects miracles and pyromancy, along with higher dark defense. How much dark you will encounter, idk... If melee build, sometimes it's useful along with a faith scaling weapon (upgrade path). Likely, you don't need this particularly high, especially not early in the game. They're both equal when it comes to this, so it's a mute point either way between those two.
  • Luck: This stat increases poison and bleed resistance, but also increase item discovery rate. It has usually been rather useless in the Souls games, the kind of stat you never put any points into, unless going for some very specific build. It has rarely helped on increases chances to get rare items. Bleed and poison is likely not that useful to be very resistant too, in which case there's rings and other equipment etc that can help. It's basically slow damage instead of more instant, and you get decent time to heal. I'd say, think carefully before ever investing in it. Knight has a clear advantage here with 4 less points spent on it. This makes a huge difference IMO when it comes to the choice between warrior and knight.

To sum it up, warrior might have a slight advantage if you don't ever plan on using any magic, but it still has very high luck. Knight is clearly the better choice if you ever plan on using any magic. Just to mix it up a bit... Mercenary might be a better choice than Warrior if you're going for dex + magic build, though I'd slightly prefer Knight, due to lower luck, even if higher faith, due to maybe increase faith to use some miracle late in the game.

This is what I considered when I told you that Knight was the better choice for melee build. If you see my thoughts on the various stats, you will also see my reasoning for dex + magic. You get a diverse melee build with lots of interesting play styles and capable of using magic without taking too much hit from it.

The game has mostly a soft cap when it comes to leveling for PvE, where at some point a new level require so many souls that leveling up isn't something you do very often.

EDIT:

I highly recommend checking out this thread:

http://fextralife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51042

It seems FROM has made an attempt to nerf shield and katana a bit, so they might be less powerful in this game. Time will tell how much this affects PvE.

It's also interesting to see that they've given more benefits to light armor (less fall damage).

And yeah, it seem invaders gets half amount of Estus, so they can definitely heal with Estus when invading.

MMDE after defining your build, post here plz =)

We're not talking about DS2, just saying...

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Deprived starts with 10 at everything, not 6. All the other classes starts with less than 10 at something.

In other words, Deprived is definitely the worst choice. Just facts.

And as you saw, phantoms can heal... so that's wrong as well...

You may mean well, but when your advice aren't good because they're based on incorrect information, it's really no good and you should be happy when someone correct it.

My advice is just fine. It may not fit your style but that doesn't make it bad. We were talking about DS2. I made that clear in the very beginning considering none of us have played DS3.. We have no idea how DS3 will end up scaling, so it might end up exactly the same.

I also know phantoms will be able to heal. They could heal through a myriad of ways in older games. You just don't let them by applying pressure. Maybe try poison next time. It works every single time with my deprived character. Not that you'd know he was a deprived because all classes are the same in the end.

Edited by Paige-ID

My advice is just fine. It may not fit your style but that doesn't make it bad. We were talking about DS2. I made that clear in the very beginning. We have no idea how DS3 will end up scaling, so it might end up exactly the same.

I also know phantoms will be able to heal. They could heal through a myriad of ways in older games. You just don't let them by applying pressure. Maybe try poison next time. It works every single time with my deprived character. Not that you'd know he was a deprived because all classes are the same in the end.

But we do know the starting stats are in DS3 and approximately what the stats do... Anyway, if you've just been arguing DS2, I don't care and it's somewhat irrelevant... We already know that it's a poor choice for DS3.

But we do know the starting stats are in DS3 and approximately what the stats do... Anyway, if you've just been arguing DS2, I don't care and it's somewhat irrelevant... We already know that it's a poor choice for DS3.

Please do me a favor and post your build at level 150 once you get there, however. Please do.

Edited by Paige-ID

Please do me a favor and post your build at level 150 once you get there, however. Please do.

That might not be in another year or so. :S

Are you and ivangutjahr thinking I've listed too much spending on certain stats?

I've already stated that what I listed was meant for PvE, not PvP. There'll be plenty of PvP build specializing in specific equipment and magic builds. Still, what I stated for Deprived stands for pretty much all builds in DS3 I think, unless your build goes above 10 for all the stats. I'm pretty damn sure I will keep my luck at 7 though, especially PvP, for PvE and trophies, maybe invest in it if a small investment in it is worth anything for item drop, or it make some huge change to bleed resistance or boost poison somehow out of proportions or whatever.

I can tell you already now that I will invest 40 in end. If I go for dex + magic build, then I will do 40 dex too.

This is just something approximate of what I will likely do, but it depends a bit on equipment and magic etc etc. :P

Level: 146

Vigor: 40 (may be higher)

Attunement: 18

Endurance: 40

Vitality: 40 (may be lower)

Strength: 30 (may be lower)

Dexterity: 40 (may be higher)

Intelligence: 20 (may be higher)

Faith: 10 (may be higher)

Luck: 7

Edited by MMDE

meta is probably going to be 120 as usual. its the only thing that makes sense right now if i count the points. this is probably how my build is going to be.

class knight lvl 9 + 18 vigor + 29 endurance + 1 strength + 28 dex + 31 int and im lvl 116 with that. the rest would go into attunement or maybe vitality depending on the fashion im going to use.

i did hear that vigor only gives like 300 health for those 20 points after 30 so im not going to waste them pushing health higher. kinda like ds1 where those 20 points only gave 400 health.

that 1+ strength is for the great scythe wich requires 14 str and dex. http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Scythe

my second weapon is probably going to be the uchigatana.

i do love those 2 weapons in ds1. uchigatana for normal pvp and to chase down people that run away and great scythe to get rid of the guys that turtle behind shields.

i hope that weapon buffs work the same as in ds1. i dont want to infuse my weapon just to make good use of a weapon buff. i want a flat dmg buff.

meta is probably going to be 120 as usual. its the only thing that makes sense right now if i count the points. this is probably how my build is going to be.

class knight lvl 9 + 18 vigor + 29 endurance + 1 strength + 28 dex + 31 int and im lvl 116 with that. the rest would go into attunement or maybe vitality depending on the fashion im going to use.

i did hear that vigor only gives like 300 health for those 20 points after 30 so im not going to waste them pushing health higher. kinda like ds1 where those 20 points only gave 400 health.

that 1+ strength is for the great scythe wich requires 14 str and dex. http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Scythe

i do love those 2 weapons in ds1. uchigatana for normal pvp and to chase down people that run away and great scythe to get rid of the guys that turtle behind shields.

i hope that weapon buffs work the same as in ds1. i dont want to infuse my weapon just to make good use of a weapon buff. i want a flat dmg buff.

Did you see the link with info I posted earlier?

It seems they've done some changes in DS3 when it comes to turtles and katanas. :P Harder to parry with Katana and people can see when you are going to parry. I also think you can kick riposte people with shield. :o

Definitely mixes things up a bit. :)

I wonder if they balanced things up again when it comes to shield + spear then, faster spear animation or something, but I doubt it. They reduced that I think with DS1 compared to Demon's, and even further it felt like with DS2.

Edited by MMDE

Level: 146

Vigor: 40 (may be higher)

Attunement: 18

Endurance: 40

Vitality: 40 (may be lower)

Strength: 30 (may be lower)

Dexterity: 40 (may be higher)

Intelligence: 20 (may be higher)

Faith: 10 (may be higher)

Luck: 7

Once Endurance gives 1 Stamina per point instead of 2 it's no longer a viable investment but more a dump stats for excess points you have left over (which you will), but I doubt they raised the cap from 20 all the way to 40. Endurance to 40 is a Demon's Souls thing. Stamina recovers at 52.6 per second with 0% equip load and no boosting shields/accessories (again, unless completely changed) As long as you can finish an entire combo and have stamina left to roll once, more stamina is a complete waste in my opinion. It can't recover fast enough anyway because even at 50% equipment load your regeneration goes down by 30%. Is Endurance now also governing Agility, or is the roll now simply a fast roll with full invincibility frames like it was in DS1? In DS1, stamina capped at 160 with 40 END, but is this going to be the same? Not to mention, there's plenty of accessories that boost your stamina as well. With the introduction of Vitality, Endurance suddenly became stamina-related only, instead of also determining equipment load, so the caps were lowered accordingly. Seeing as Vitality made its way from DS2 to DS3, I can't imagine they'd suddenly revert back to DS1 Endurance, so there's a good chance that anything over 25 will just be redundant.

If Vitality does the same in DS3 as it does in DS2, then why 40? Are you going to power stance two Greatswords with Havel on? I have a Greatsword with +10 Alva armor and stay below 70% equipment load with only roughly 15 Vitality. Dexterity after 40 is completely diminished, and after 50 a complete and total waste with not just diminishing returns but simply without any. Especially if you have lower STR than DEX, I can't imagine the need for such an enormous equipment load as most heavier equipment is STR based.

In any case, I see that, apart from luck, you'd be just fine with 10 in every single stat. :P Even luck in 10 would most likely give you better results than simply wasting points in STR or DEX that give no returns anymore. With the low caps on stats, once you hit level 100+ you're going to be spending points in things just for the hell of it. This has been my point all along.

that 1+ strength is for the great scythe wich requires 14 str and dex. http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Scythe

The meta became 150 in DS2 due to the addition of more stat options. DS3 seems to have 9 stats as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it stays at 150.

Weapon buffs work great on uninfused weapons. In fact, a STR build without INT/FTH investment would benefit from not infusing a weapon and applying a resin instead, considering those give a flat buff of 50, plus 30% of existing. They do give previously infused weapons a good boost, but none that would offset the loss of STR/DEX scaling caused by infusion.

Did you see the link with info I posted earlier?

If dead angling is coming back like it did in DS1, then an easy advice for a PvP build (or PVE for that matter) would be to simply soft cap STR, put on +10 Zweihander, and win. I hope they didn't bring in dead angling. It always felt like a glitch. (and I assumed it was because it went missing in DS2)

Edited by Paige-ID

Once Endurance gives 1 Stamina per point instead of 2 it's no longer a viable investment but more a dump stats for excess points you have left over (which you will), but I doubt they raised the cap from 20 all the way to 40. Endurance to 40 is a Demon's Souls thing. 

As long as you can finish an entire combo and have stamina left to roll once, more stamina is a complete waste in my opinion

40 endurance has always been max stamina... And I do pump it up to 40 for that extra stamina, because it affects everything I do. That's like the most sure thing I will do. Did I remove from an earlier post about 20 stamina though? Pretty sure I wrote about it, might be I removed it while re-organizing it to compare the two classes stat for stat. I'm still going 40 endurance for max stamina.

This very much depends on play style. If you use shield at all, then high stamina can be very useful. You will also be more prepared for tricky situations, run longer etc. Really, it affects most things you do.

It can't recover fast enough anyway because even at 50% equipment load your regeneration goes down by 30%. Is Endurance now also governing Agility, or is the roll now simply a fast roll with full invincibility frames like it was in DS1? In DS1, stamina capped at 160 with 40 END, but is this going to be the same? Not to mention, there's plenty of accessories that boost your stamina as well. With the introduction of Vitality, Endurance suddenly became stamina-related only, instead of also determining equipment load, so the caps were lowered accordingly. Seeing as Vitality made its way from DS2 to DS3, I can't imagine they'd suddenly revert back to DS1 Endurance, so there's a good chance that anything over 25 will just be redundant.

If Vitality does the same in DS3 as it does in DS2, then why 40? Are you going to power stance two Greatswords with Havel on? I have a Greatsword with +10 Alva armor and stay below 70% equipment load with only roughly 15 Vitality. Dexterity after 40 is completely diminished, and after 50 a complete and total waste with not just diminishing returns but simply without any. Especially if you have lower STR than DEX, I can't imagine the need for such an enormous equipment load as most heavier equipment is STR based.

Equip burden load percent, fast roll, invisibility frames.... all of it has changed. And they've kept stamina maxing at 40.

As I said, it's just rough estimates, very much depends on the equipment, vitality might be much lower, in which case more will be invested in strength and especially int, if not some into faith (for dark defense).

In any case, I see that, apart from luck, you'd be just fine with 10 in every single stat.  :P Even luck in 10 would most likely give you better results than simply wasting points in STR or DEX that give no returns anymore. With the low caps on stats, once you hit level 100+ you're going to be spending points in things just for the hell of it. This has been my point all along.

Nah, I'd be investing in magic more, so I can be more powerful at that. I'm not sure yet about soft cap on soul level etc, so might be those extra few levels will cost a lot. But that's the thing, why waste it at something you don't want 10 in, especially from the very beginning? :S This is also why Knight is the best choice, if luck is useless, especially if you go a dex + magic build, which goes well together due to faster casting time and less investment required for brute strength. But as I said, I'd invest more in magic.

The meta became 150 in DS2 due to the addition of more stat options. DS3 seems to have 9 stats as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it stays at 150.

I highly doubt this. You know why? Because soul level 1 is 40 points more in DS3. :P It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up around 100-120. This is something I totally agree with Eylside about. xD

Edited by MMDE

40 endurance has always been max stamina... And I do pump it up to 40 for that extra stamina, because it affects everything I do. That's like the most sure thing I will do. Did I remove from an earlier post about 20 stamina though? Pretty sure I wrote about it, might be I removed it while re-organizing it to compare the two classes stat for stat. I'm still going 40 endurance for max stamina.

40 Endurance is not max stamina in all the games. Only in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Endurance became entirely different in DS2. Max became 200, and stamina increased at 2 points per Endurance, until 20, at which point it became 1 point per Endurance, all the way until 99 Endurance, which equaled 200 Stamina. This is why many people stopped pumping Endurance in DS2 after 20 because the extra 1:1 wasn't worth it/not practical enough to offset other stat gains. They did this became Vitality took over equipment load, so Endurance would now only affect Stamina and nothing else. With Vitality being back in DS3, and it not being a useless thing I'm guessing, will Stamina revert back to the old days?

Stamina drain from using a shield is mainly influenced by the stability of your shield. With a melee build you wouldn't wear a gimpy shield anyway, so you don't need tons of stamina to block. 

130 Stamina is enough to swing 3 times with a Great Sword, and have enough left over to roll out of the way. Enough to run for a while and still be able to do a running attack with a weapon that weighs 22 pounds. It recovers so fast that you can practically lock in an opponent indefinitely. I can block with a Defender shield for quite some time without exhausting the stamina. I could even put on the Havel shield, or Grym's, and go to sleep while holding block because of the stability.

Edited by Paige-ID

40 Endurance is not max stamina in all the games. Only in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Endurance became entirely different in DS2. Max became 200, and stamina increased at 2 points per Endurance, until 20, at which point it became 1 point per Endurance, all the way until 99 Endurance, which equaled 200 Stamina. This is why many people stopped pumping Endurance in DS2 after 20 because the extra 1:1 wasn't worth it/not practical enough to offset other stat gains. They did this became Vitality took over equipment load, so Endurance would now only affect Stamina and nothing else. With Vitality being back in DS3, and it not being a useless thing I'm guessing, will Stamina revert back to the old days?

130 Stamina is enough to swing 3 times with a Great Sword, and have enough left over to roll out of the way. Enough to run for a while and still be able to do a running attack with a weapon that weighs 22 pounds. It recovers so fast that you can practically lock in an opponent indefinitely.

Yeah, sorry, different for DS2, but DS3:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Endurance

At 40 it's at 160, after that it seems to go up to 161 after 10 points. So definitely a cap at 40, and seems to definitely be something you should invest in to 40 too by the amounts you gain from it up to that point.

Furthermore, it affects lightning and bleed defense, making luck even more useless, unless that increased poison stuff can be abused with a specific build.

Can't stress enough that my build is meant for PvE, not PvP.

there was no such thing as meta in ds2. the matchmaking is based on your soul memory and the arena ignored that totally. i did fight against max lvl people with chars that were arround lvl 100. i know this because i was asking them after i got annihilated.

all u could realy do in that game is create a char and waste as little souls as possible and then equip the agape ring to not screw up your soul memory. (the agape ring was btw not from the beginning in the game. they addet it later trough a patch)

people might have limited themselves to 120 or 150, but it didnt do much in the end because u would eventually fight against people that are lvl 300 because u did keep getting souls unless u used the agape ring.

its a good thing that they didnt put it into ds3.

Yeah, sorry, different for DS2, but DS3:

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Endurance

At 40 it's at 160, after that it seems to go up to 161 after 10 points. So definitely a cap at 40, and seems to definitely be something you should invest in to 40 too by the amounts you gain from it up to that point.

Furthermore, it affects lightning and bleed defense, making luck even more useless, unless that increased poison stuff can be abused with a specific build.

Can't stress enough that my build is meant for PvE, not PvP.

I looked and you're right. It soft caps at 20. Practically hard caps at 40. I still think 130 is more than enough, or rather, not a priority over other things, but hey.

However, PVE has no builds anyway. Restricting yourself to a certain level in PVE seems arbitrary and artificial, so just get everything to 40/50 and be done with it. Once you decide to join the meta, and you have to prioritize stats, I would still refrain from maxing out Stamina unless you simply have points to waste/burn.

I looked and you're right. It soft caps at 20. Practically hard caps at 40. I still think 130 is more than enough, or rather, not a priority over other things, but hey.

However, PVE has no builds anyway. Restricting yourself to a certain level in PVE seems arbitrary and artificial, so just get everything to 40/50 and be done with it. Once you decide to join the meta, and you have to prioritize stats, I would still refrain from maxing out Stamina unless you simply have points to waste/burn.

I know it says soft caps at 20, but if you look at the stats, it doesn't, it's just slow in the beginning before it goes faster at higher stats. This was something I saw with some other stats as well. :S Very interesting IMO, which might mean that going all out to 40 is something to aim for instead of just investing a little. This would also mean that it's even worse to waste points at luck. In Dark Souls II, I know there was several systems to determine how much more souls is required per level. It had like several stages. In fact, even with extra stats in DS2, you only needed 1/4th to max soul level compared to DS1.

Some post I wrote long ago, this applies to DS2:

From level 2 to 200 there is a low and steady increase of required souls from 28 up to 421.

From level 200 to 250 there is a high and steady increase of required souls from 1861 up to 10039.

From level 251 to 838 there is a low and steady increase of required souls from 742 up to 3215

^ By increase here I mean amount of more souls required for the next level compared to last. The point is, it changes speed at various intervals, and it's not just faster and faster.

It seems this is back though, because...

15 to 20: 10 gain, 2 per level in average

20 to 25: 10 gain, 2 per level in average

25 to 30: 12 gain, 2.4 per level in average

30 to 35: 12 gain, 2.4 per level in average

35 to 40: 14 gain, 2.8 per level in average

40 to 50: 1 gain, 0.1 per level in average

!!

Definitely worth going to 40 here, but not above!!

As for your comment about PvE, I've already told you that the game has soft caps, and you know this too, at some point the souls required to level up is too much to be worth it, even in PvE. Okay? =P

Edited by MMDE

As for your comment about PvE, I've already told you that the game has soft caps, and you know this too, at some point the souls required to level up is too much to be worth it, even in PvE. Okay? =P

You felt it was worth it to call my advice false, rendering the impression I didn't know what I was talking about, because having 10 in a stat instead of 7 is a complete and total game breaking waste worthy of starting a long and tiresome discussion about. Not me. :P

You felt it was worth it to call my advice false, rendering the impression I didn't know what I was talking about, because having 10 in a stat instead of 7 is a complete and total game breaking waste worthy of starting a long and tiresome discussion about. Not me. :P

Are you still pissy about that? It was a bad advice suggesting to start with Deprived. Get over it, you're making it about yourself. It's not.