Suggest putting simulation in game title

Jacko_648

Love the dirt series. Never really enjoyed sim games although this is rather addicting I still don't appreciate them. I play games because they pull me out of reality. Where as this is giving me the misery of reality lol. Thought it was just another in the dirt series but it's far from it. Slightly regret buying wish I looked more in to it beforehand but will sink some hours in to it before selling on

This game looks great, haven't played it yet, but i have to agree with saltyie, every review and gameplay vid and almost everything that has this game as a topic, mentioned that it was different from the other dirt games. I like them but they all mentioned that codemasters tried to make you feel like an actual rally driver and that it would be a simulation game more than arcade

Edited by lars9612

I appreciate the point of researching it before buying. But going off the back of the series I'd imagine many others like myself bought the game blindly after enjoying the previous titles only to be somewhat let down. Dirt was a series I trusted so in my opinion researching it didn't come to mind. I do however like this game but I am more looking forward to a dirt 4 title and go back to the dirt I personally enjoyed

Love the dirt series. Never really enjoyed sim games although this is rather addicting I still don't appreciate them. I play games because they pull me out of reality. Where as this is giving me the misery of reality lol. Thought it was just another in the dirt series but it's far from it. Slightly regret buying wish I looked more in to it beforehand but will sink some hours in to it before selling on

Yeah, after many fans complained about DiRT being too much of a departure from the roots of the Colin McRae games, Codemasters decided to make the latest DiRT game closer to the sim experience the original fanbase wanted. Having said that, this has been known for quite some time and the game has been on early access on Steam for months. I'll be getting it as soon as I get back from my trip to Japan, as I'm planning a spending spree and need the money, but I definitely miss the arcade-y sideways goodness of DiRT 2. From the first moment the Demo released with Trailblazer at Ounila Descent in the Eclipse GT, driving with the Logitech DF GT, it was a barrel of fun. Force Feedback was amazing and made up for the less-than-sim physics.