Ubisoft to punish people who used Falcon Lost Incursion boss glitch

All that I'm saying is that I'm not so certain that these specific issues were intentionally left in to fix later, or if it was something honestly missed by the testers. It still doesn't make it fine for people to exploit these kinds of glitches, and regardless of which of the former happens to be true, I still think those abusing these bugs should still face some form of punishment.

Either they had already found the issues or not is hard to tell, but what we do know is that they didn't fix them. What this means is that they didn't do a good enough job testing the game before release. This glitch wasn't the only issue, far from it. Beside, they even already discovered another one that could be exploited.

I haven't denied that Ubisoft, or any developer for that matter, has rushed games out before they're fully finished or received ample testing. Of course they have.

This is what you did say:

Those arguing that it's okay because Ubisoft allowed the glitch to exist in the first place need to prove that to be the case. Unless they can show that Ubisoft knew about the glitch and still allowed it to go unpatched, then they've got nothing to go on.

I really don't get why Ubisoft is going to punish those gamers. They didn't hack nor cheat they just played the game to get better gear/more XP quicker. If I get killed by someone with a bad ass weapon I don't really care if they got it legit or by using an exploit. I'm still dead.

Most people themed to play what is the most rewarding so why should you get punished?

Either they had already found the issues or not is hard to tell, but what we do know is that they didn't fix them. What this means is that they didn't do a good enough job testing the game before release. This glitch wasn't the only issue, far from it. Beside, they even already discovered another one that could be exploited.

This is what you did say:

I know what I said, and once again, I never denied that they've rushed games out before without proper testing. The latter quote was in regards only to this specific glitch, not speaking in general for every glitch in every release they've made. It should be apparent to anyone that a game so full of issues like, say, Assassin's Creed Unity didn't have the proper testing it needed, as those would not have slipped past QA. Something like this, however, might have. I'm not saying it did, but I do find it a bit more believable than the former. Unless I'm mistaken, and do correct me if I am, The Division has had a generally okay launch, apart from any launch day issues (not sure if it had any). That is why I'm not as quick to chalk it up as "Ubisoft totally rushed the game without proper testing." They could have. They could have not. That is what I meant.

Edited by Jenni

I know what I said, and once again, I never denied that they've rushed games out before without proper testing. The latter quote was in regards only to this specific glitch, not speaking in general for every glitch in every release they've made. It should be apparent to anyone that a game so full of issues like, say, Assassin's Creed Unity didn't have the proper testing it needed, as those would not have slipped past QA. Something like this, however, might have. I'm not saying it did, but I do find it a bit more believable than the former. Unless I'm mistaken, and do correct me if I am, The Division has had a generally okay launch, apart from any launch day issues (not sure if it had any). That is why I'm not as quick to chalk it up as "Ubisoft totally rushed the game without proper testing." They could have. They could have not. That is what I meant.

AFAIK, this game has had a lot of glitches.

You guys are going on and on about the programmers not spending sufficient time to debug issues and what not. But cut them a break, they have timeline to meet, which are usually determined by higher management. These timelines, are usually agreements between Ubi and their investors. You think the programmers have any say in this? All the higher management will ask is can anyone play the game without any fatal flaw of fault, breaking the game. If there's none, its good to go. Any other issues may be fixed along the way. Would you, as a programmer, with your paycheck on the line oppose to it? This is how the world works now. You have to please the investors or you do not have money to pay your people. Everyone has a timeline to meet. So cut them some break and give them some space to breath.

• Like 1

They'll probably come to the conclusion that playing their laggy games is punishment enough.

I've played this game from start to finish and never experienced any lag, nor did the 20 odd friends of mine playing The Division at the same time as me.

B the W i'm from Australia so i've had more than my fair share of laggy online gameplay.

To my knowledge, there is no or never were any wide spread lag issues associated with this game, so i don't get the likes you received.

• Like 1

I've played this game from start to finish and never experienced any lag, nor did the 20 odd friends of mine playing The Division at the same time as me.

B the W i'm from Australia so i've had more than my fair share of laggy online gameplay.

To my knowledge, there is no or never were any wide spread lag issues associated with this game, so i don't get the likes you received.

I was speaking about Ubisoft games in general. That's why I didn't explicitly say this game but "their games". I stopped playing Ubisoft games online after the MP mess in Assassin's Creed Unity.

Aside from that, I was simply trying to lighten the mood a bit. I have a weird sense of humor and I'm sorry if I've upset you in any way.

• Like 1

I definitely vote for playing fair when it comes to online stuff.

but seriously! they can't just patch the darn thing? guess devs now days are too lazy to even patch their own games :/

This is playing fair though :huh:

Anybody can take advantage of this glitch, therefor nobody is gaining an unfair advantage, therefore it's fair play.

• Like 1

I was speaking about Ubisoft games in general. That's why I didn't explicitly say this game but "their games". I stopped playing Ubisoft games online after the MP mess in Assassin's Creed Unity.

Aside from that, I was simply trying to lighten the mood a bit. I have a weird sense of humor and I'm sorry if I've upset you in any way.

Ok i get you, i had problems with The Crew in the Endurance Races and trying to stay connected, don't even get me started with Watch Dogs!!! lol

This is playing fair though :huh:

Anybody can take advantage of this glitch, therefor nobody is gaining an unfair advantage, therefore it's fair play.

Exploits are not "fair" therefore NOT "fair". Look it up.

From the Dictionary:

make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
"the company was exploiting a legal loophole"
Edited by ABBUemo

Ok i get you, i had problems with The Crew in the Endurance Races and trying to stay connected, don't even get me started with Watch Dogs!!! lol

Exploits are not "fair" therefore NOT "fair". Look it up.

From the Dictionary:

make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
"the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

Why is it unfair or underhand? Anybody can take advantage of it...

Why is it unfair or underhand? Anybody can take advantage of it...

"can" is very different than Should in this case... (EXPLOIT) we can go around again if you like?

eg: if i drew a maze on a piece of paper and asked you to try and complete the maze, are you going to do so the right/fair way? or simply draw a line through the middle or the page and be done with it?

"can" is very different than Should in this case... (EXPLOIT) we can go around again if you like?

eg: if i drew a maze on a piece of paper and asked you to try and complete the maze, are you going to do so the right/fair way? or simply draw a line through the middle or the page and be done with it?

But... but that's totally different. If you imagine that maze as a 3D object, those lines that make up the maze are walls. You can't simply walk through walls, that's outside of the boundaries of the game - it's impossible.

This glitch, however, is totally within the boundaries of the game, thus it is possible, thus it is legit, and anybody can do it so nobody is gaining an unfair advantage.

I really don't get why Ubisoft is going to punish those gamers. They didn't hack nor cheat they just played the game to get better gear/more XP quicker. If I get killed by someone with a bad ass weapon I don't really care if they got it legit or by using an exploit. I'm still dead.

Most people themed to play what is the most rewarding so why should you get punished?

Because I believe we are in a year where people believe that every game has to be "perfect", but if it isn't, then somebody, in any way, shape, or form, will make a big stink out of it until somebody else changes it to try and make it perfect, or at least balanced. All in all, I will leave with one of my favorite quotes that I usually say to other associates at my work:

"Damned if we do, and damned if we don't"

But... but that's totally different. If you imagine that maze as a 3D object, those lines that make up the maze are walls. You can't simply walk through walls, that's outside of the boundaries of the game - it's impossible.

This glitch, however, is totally within the boundaries of the game, thus it is possible, thus it is legit, and anybody can do it so nobody is gaining an unfair advantage.

AND around we go... Firstly: you took advantage of my vague maze description by making it 3D, rules were simple.

Second: it's still an Exploit/Glitch no matter how many 'but i's and but you can's you throw at me.

Third: How is using mobile cover to glitch through a wall to reach a rope "within the boundaries"? it's not, you know it i know. Why are you being so stubborn?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AND around we go... Firstly: you took advantage of my vague maze description by making it 3D, rules were simple.

Second: it's still an Exploit/Glitch no matter how many 'but i's and but you can's you throw at me.

Third: How is using mobile cover to glitch through a wall to reach a rope "within the boundaries"? it's not, you know it i know. Why are you being so stubborn?

He got you there mate.

The punishment that Ubisoft has announced for exploits seem fair to me.

If you accidentally find an exploit or cheat you got nothing to worry about. Only "repeat offenders" will suffer from sanctions (character level reset, temporary and permanent bans)

Source: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-248717-16/improving-the-player-experience-topic-cheating-exploits

• Like 1