Alicia Vikander Set to Star as Lara Croft

katniss1444

gettyimages-510295804.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/alicia-vikander-star-as-lara-888593

Hollywood Reporter just broke the news that actress Alicia Vikander, known primarily for her role in Ex Machina, is set to star as Lara Croft in the upcoming Tomb Raider film. Roar Uthag, along with having an awesome name, is set to direct. According to the reporter, audiences will see a "young, untested Croft fighting to survive her first adventure." So, we're probably in for a Croft similar to that of the 2013 reboot. 

Thoughts? I'm pretty excited for this film in general and Vikander seems like a fine fit for Croft. 

I finally saw Ex Machina the other week (I think I missed the start though but I pieced it together) and this girl is brilliant. I had little to no interest in another shitty Tomb Raider movie, but I'd probably see it for her alone, well, assuming she's as good in Bourne 5 in a couple months.

That Daisey Ridley stuff with this movie put me off it, unpopular opinion, but I think she was incredibly bland and dull for most of The Force Awakens. Sure, that might be her character, sure, that might be what they wanted, but all I saw was a girl with a blank face 90% of the time, and then she had scared face for the other 10% like when Finn was taken by the rathtarr thing. Finn on the other hand was pretty sweet, I saw that guy's real voice in an interview somewhere and that's some "holy shit, that guy is good at disguising his voice" kind of work right there. I mean, Daisey wasn't bad, but everyone was raving on about her and to me she's just eh.

I don't dislike her or her acting, but I'm getting a bit overloaded by this actress.  She's in everything these days, and it's a bit much.  I understand that her career has blown up and she's taking advantage, but I can't go 5 seconds without hearing about her next movie.  I thought she was fine in Ex Machina and Man from UNCLE, but I don't really think she's very diverse in her acting skills and I'm not sure how she'll handle a leading role like Tomb Raider, especially a role with so much film and video game history.  I'd actually have been much more excited if they cast Camilla Luddington in the live action role since not only is she already an established actress, but she's already intimately familiar with the Lara Croft role (obviously).