Grim timestamps on my FFXIII trophy list

judgment_ring

I realize these topics are probably a dime a dozen, but as a completionist and someone who takes pride in the games I play I'm mortified that I made such a careless mistake. The tale is thus;

A few years ago I started playing FFXIII. I played it for a good month and platted it, but I have my trophy list set to offline as I like to manually sync. Anyway, I rather dumbly hadn't synced said plat when my 5 year old managed to accidentally delete my main user account on my PS3, wiping any unsynced trophy progress. Once I re-created my user and re-synced trophies FFXIII was at 52%. At the time I wasn't terribly bothered as I'd uploaded my save manually to online storage, so had it ready to go for whenever I could be bothered. I moved on to other games, notably the FFX/X-2 collection which had come out at the time.

Anyway, flash forward two years and the 52% on FFXIII is bothering me enough to finally go and try pop the trophies with my 100% save from the cloud. I do this, but without thinking it through as I went around and randomly popped the end game trophies out of order and synced my trophy list manually before realizing the time stamps are criminal. For example, I have the 'Treasure Hunter' trophy unlocked before any of the C'ieth stone trials which is impossible, and all my C'ieth trial trophies popped in immediate succession.

Long story short, I was dumb and I now feel as though all of the work I've done over the last three years is completely and utterly undermined. I'd happily have the list deleted and restart the game from scratch if I could. I also don't want to hide the game as from what I've read, having hidden trophies on here is construed as either A, you're masking cheated trophies or B, you're fudging your completion %.

I was hoping the US version of FFXIII had a separate trophy list - that way I could just import a cheap copy, plat it 'legit' and then let that be my answer to any potential detractors of my list. But alas, FFXIII doesn't region stack so I'm stuck with this bullshit unless I hide it. I don't want to be that guy, so it's sad times. Might just have to hide it and live with it. Starting a new account this far along simply isn't an option for me either.

What would you guys suggest I do, any comments about 'getting over it' or 'they're only trophies' notwithstanding.

Edited by ask_the_lonely

Only thing you can do is hide it im afraid sure some folk will be all "you haxor" but what you say about not syncing trophies while uploading your save to the cloud or usb/external drive is true and probably happens alot more than folk would like to admit

• Like 1

Only thing you can do is hide it im afraid sure some folk will be all "you haxor" but what you say about not syncing trophies while uploading your save to the cloud or usb/external drive is true and probably happens alot more than folk would like to admit

Yeah, pretty much what I expected. Hiding is the only real option. The whole situation was my own fault and brought on purely by my own carelessness.

Unfortunately, because it's an imported save (From your other account), regardless, save state importing is seen as a form of hacking/cheating. Therefore it's very probable that youd get flagged, best bet is to hide that game on your profile.

sorry to hear.

Edited by TigressLion

You should be ok, I feel you are definitely overthinking the situation. Especially because you say your other work has been undermined by one silly save game of your own you used without thinking. You worked hard for your collection, and people are bound to make some kind of mistake in their trophy collecting life time, trust me most of us who invested so much in collecting trophies had something happen small or big, you learned from it, and its time to move on instead of having it in the back of your head constantly thinking your collection is ruined. If you need to hide it in case it isn't allowed, then you'll make up for it eventually and it doesn't make you look less legit if you do.

Edited by weavsxx

Unfortunately, because it's an imported save (From your other account), regardless, save state importing is seen as a form of hacking/cheating. Therefore it's very probable that youd get flagged, best bet is to hide that game on your profile.

sorry to hear.

It was a save from the same profile, not a different one - I'd uploaded it to online storage prior to my son deleting my user, and once I'd re-created my user profile on my PS3 I simply re-downloaded the save from online storage. It wasn't from another account or source. But yeah, it sucks arse regardless :(

You should be ok, I feel you are definitely overthinking the situation. Especially because you say your other work has been undermined by one silly save game of your own you used without thinking. You worked hard for your collection, and people are bound to make some kind of mistake in their trophy collecting life time, trust me most of us who invested so much in collecting trophies had something happen small or big, you learned from it, and its time to move on instead of having it in the back of your head constantly thinking your collection is ruined. If you need to hide it in case it isn't allowed, then you'll make up for it eventually and it doesn't make you look less legit if you do.

Yeah, you're right. I mean, no one else can ever know for sure if I truly did all the work for those trophies but I know I did. I'll have to hide it though as I'd rather be one game down than get flagged. I'm just disappointed because hiding stuff makes you look suspicious as it is. I know it's not a big deal in terms of my quality of life but it's a hobby I enjoy and it has value for me, so the situation sucks. Thanks for the kind words yo :)

Edited by ask_the_lonely

Ahhh, well unfortunately since you didn't sync it the original. Good news is, you didn't use the save file to pop the plat so it's not a. clear violation. Yes, it is an unfortunate accident but because the plat time is 2.3 years, you're not putting anyone out of leaderboard. So even with that hiccup, if you do get flagged, you could make an appeal to Sly. For a circumstance like this, that isn't messing with the leaderboards, nor was it the WHOLE trophy list, Sly may overlook it?

sorry to hear.

It's actually a cloud save from the same account he said. Which was why the 52% was bugging him. I'm all for jumping on somebody who imports a save from somebody else or from another account, but this sounds legit. It's extremely unfortunate that there's no way to definitively prove it however.

Actually seeing your profile and the time gap for the platinum, I think no one would even had checked it to see if it was legit or not (now that you made this thread it's different..).

Hard to say if it's ok or not, since it depends on how each of us believe your story (although, I know that that thing can happen in several games, since I had it happen a few times when I was using 2 ps3 and moved a save from a system to the other and started seeing a lot of trophies pop-up at the start, same with the Vita when I factory reset it, but I always sync my trophies to the cloud as soon as I get them, so I never run into this problem, because the cloud only stores the older "earned" date).

• Like 1

This sucks to hear man, FFXIII is a great game and I'd hate to not have the satisfaction of showing my plat off.

If you can prove your save is legit, (i.e. deleting your save and then re-downloading it from the cloud, going through the stats and everything showing your save meets the requirements of the trophies) you just may be able to convince Sly that it's legit and he may be able to whitelist the game for you so no one would get the chance to flag you. That's a long shot though so I wouldn't get your hopes up as I'm not fully sure of his drawn line of what is deemed hacked and legit. I'd still go through that effort though to prove it's legit because as you said, you don't want such blemishes (hidden trophies) on your profile. I hope you the best :)

This sucks to hear man, FFXIII is a great game and I'd hate to not have the satisfaction of showing my plat off.

If you can prove your save is legit, (i.e. deleting your save and then re-downloading it from the cloud, going through the stats and everything showing your save meets the requirements of the trophies) you just may be able to convince Sly that it's legit and he may be able to whitelist the game for you so no one would get the chance to flag you. That's a long shot though so I wouldn't get your hopes up as I'm not fully sure of his drawn line of what is deemed hacked and legit. I'd still go through that effort though to prove it's legit because as you said, you don't want such blemishes (hidden trophies) on your profile. I hope you the best :)

I suppose that's a possibility, though there's still no way to prove I didn't just download a hacked 100% completion save to my own account. It's times like these I wish we could delete trophies beyond 0% - I know that would undermine the system somewhat, but if they put it behind a paywall or something I'd be willing to shell out a few bucks to not have the appearance of a cheat. Doubt that'll ever happen though given we can't even change our PSN IDs at the time of writing.

Generally I'd sort of expect (well, more hope) that the quality of my other platinums is testament to the fact that I don't fuck around with the games I like. My MGSV platinum is probably my proudest and that's done on PS4 where save hacking isn't presently possible. If I amass an impressive collection of PS4 plats that should sort of infer or 'prove' that I'm actually play my damn games myself :D

At the end of the day I think I'll just leave it visible and let whatever happens happen. If I do get flagged I'll hide the game, but I myself know I met those requirements for FFXIII (and all my other games) legit and that'll have to do. Hard lesson learned here to be very careful with this shit. I agree that no one will probably bother flagging me though given the time to plat is 2+ years but yeah. Thanks for all your input guys.

Edited by ask_the_lonely

• 4 months later...

I agree that no one will probably bother flagging me though given the time to plat is 2+ years but yeah. Thanks for all your input guys.

You'd be surprised what some jackasses would do.

I had a very similar situation like you but it was with CoD:MW2 but I used my flash drive to backup my save. (This was before PSN Plus even started.) After my original 60GB bricked I couldn't find the drive and just left MW2 hanging. Almost 7 years later after drudging through some stuff to give to charity, I found it by chance and decided to see what it was and lo and behold it was all the saves I managed to back up including MW2 which was completed 100%. So I uploaded to my current PS3 and got the trophies I never got to sync by playing the easiest difficulty on Campaign and Spec Ops via pop once the requirement is performed which I already did on the save years ago.

After getting the platinum some asshole decided to get me flagged because the Veteran difficulty time stamps were too quick and now I have to hide it. The game took me 6 years and 8 months to complete, why anyone would flagged me for cheating completely boggles me given my track record is clean with serious multiplayer trophy dedication stats.

Trust me ask_the_lonely, there are plenty of assholes and retards that'll flag you out of pure jealousy and/or the need to feel superior with the compulsiveness to be condescending towards one another.

Tried disputing this with plausible reason since this was backed up to a flash drive PRIOR TO PSN PLUS starting. But the rules are absolute no matter what reason, regardless. Hell, you can still be flagged even if you use your own cloud save which is BS because there are A LOT of people with ridiculous time stamps that got their trophies by using cloud saves. So if you do get flagged, and that is IF, don't bother disputing it because you'll need proof that if it actually IS your save file, which you can't. This along with the fact that only one person has unanimous power to unflag you or not completely undermines and renders the supposedly upcoming dispute system utterly pointless.

I decided to post even though this topic is old because this is a problem with time stamps that are earned this way legitimately and it become increasingly more problematic from what scouring through the forums, aside form the actual cheaters.

ask_the_lonely - Hope that game hasn't been flagged. I feel your pain.

Edited by axlredgrave