The Making of Final Fantasy XV | Part 1 | 10 Years in the Making

DPtheGod

I'm glad they touched on the graphics taking away from the imagination.. for myself, it's true that nothing can replace the adventure which was Final Fantasy VI.. no matter how ground breakingly awesome XV proves to be!

Hype level over 9000, for sure  B)

• Like 1

i know its all subjective, but dang xD

I've never really a big fan of the main series , but I only ones I really enjoyed were Tactics, Crisis Core and Dissidia.

I've played a little bit of 9, 10, 13, 13-2 and the 3 above. 9 and 10 were ok, but nothing amazing for me. 13 and 13-2 I thought were complete garbage.  

So I played those 2 demo's to see if I'd jump into this one and I dunno, just didn't like the combat from the first demo (why did they get rid of the turned based stuff, it was good). The 2nd demo was even worse, just spam :square: and move on.

Wasn't much a believer with the demos but it is a Final Fantasy and I'll always be a sucker for all their products.

I think it only took that long because there was no way ps3 could handle XV. So many limitation they figure they just pack it up and the move the whole project into ps4 era.

Edit: now i woukd like to see a Lightning Complete edition Remaster...

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I'm glad they touched on the graphics taking away from the imagination.. for myself, it's true that nothing can replace the adventure which was Final Fantasy VI.. no matter how ground breakingly awesome XV proves to be!

Hype level over 9000, for sure  B)

IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!

In all seriousness though, I can't help but agree with the statement regarding the imagination of the player as well. I remember always imagining how they would sound, as well, when speaking and whatnot. FFX was groundbreaking in that regard, even if Tidus sounded so ridiculous on multiple occasions.

While FF7 is my favorite FF game, I do think FF6 is the best FF game.

Whatever small (and I mean small) amount of hype I had for this game went flying out the window when I played both the demo's.

I've never really a big fan of the main series , but I only ones I really enjoyed were Tactics, Crisis Core and Dissidia.

I've played a little bit of 9, 10, 13, 13-2 and the 3 above. 9 and 10 were ok, but nothing amazing for me. 13 and 13-2 I thought were complete garbage.  

So I played those 2 demo's to see if I'd jump into this one and I dunno, just didn't like the combat from the first demo (why did they get rid of the turned based stuff, it was good). The 2nd demo was even worse, just spam :square: and move on.

Crisis Core! One of my favorite games out of the series. FFT was amazing as well, and one cannot have no love for Dissidia.

Might I ask, what about the franchise did you feel could have pulled you in for the games you did play? Is it just the battle system for XV that is throwing you off? There will be a separate way to play, according to Tabata, that will be more in line with avoiding its focus on action, active combat. This has yet to be detailed, though.

FFXV is gonna be godly. I've been there when the flashy 2006 Versus Xlll trailer was released. Heck, it was the reason I bought a PS3. Seriously can't wait!

This describes me to a T as well! I bought a 360 shortly after launch, and was ready to trade it in towards a PS3 after E3 2006. FFV13, MGS4, and GTA4 were my #1's. While one was multiplatform, two were not.

Wasn't much a believer with the demos but it is a Final Fantasy and I'll always be a sucker for all their products.

I think it only took that long because there was no way ps3 could handle XV. So many limitation they figure they just pack it up and the move the whole project into ps4 era.

Yeah PS3 did showcase technical issues for FFV13. Apparently, Nomura was devising a massive plan for FFv13 that would have turned it into a multi-part series, much like FF13. But, the dude is always busy with massive projects (until he left FFXV, he was also working on KH3 and secretly working on FF7 Remake). He needed to get out for the sake of all three games, and thankfully Tabata was not only willing, but also capable, as proven by his work he did for Crisis Core for Nomura.

This game looks like it is going to be nothing short of outstanding.

• Like 1

An interesting watch. It's still crazy to think that this game was originally revealed 10 years ago. Most games that have been in development for that long don't look anywhere near as good as this. It's been quite some time since there was a great mainline FF game, and I hope this game changes that.

If they were smart, they wouldn't. FFXV is supposed to appeal to both hardcore FF fans and newcomers. I don't think that particular trilogy appeals to either...  :P All it would serve to do is bring up why many FF fans feel like the series has lost its way.

• Like 1

An interesting watch. It's still crazy to think that this game was originally revealed 10 years ago. Most games that have been in development for that long don't look anywhere near as good as this. It's been quite some time since there was a great mainline FF game, and I hope this game changes that.

If they were smart, they wouldn't. FFXV is supposed to appeal to both hardcore FF fans and newcomers. I don't think that particular trilogy appeals to either...  :P All it would serve to do is bring up why many FF fans feel like the series has lost its way.

I would have to agree. Even if they did decide to do a FFXIII HD trilogy, they shouldn't charge more than $30 to show it's just there for people who would want it. 11 million copies of the original trilogy sold is enough to warrant such a thing, financially speaking, but I agree in the statement it would make a lot of FF fans upset.

• Like 1

Crisis Core! One of my favorite games out of the series. FFT was amazing as well, and one cannot have no love for Dissidia.

Might I ask, what about the franchise did you feel could have pulled you in for the games you did play? Is it just the battle system for XV that is throwing you off? There will be a separate way to play, according to Tabata, that will be more in line with avoiding its focus on action, active combat. This has yet to be detailed, though.

Honestly, I don't know. Just didn't click with me, I mean what little of 9 and fair bit of 10 I played was ok. I'd probably continue playing the series if the 2 13 games weren't so bad (in my opinion).

If that is true, that the combat system can be switched (hopefully back to turn based), then I'd probably pick it up and try it. The first demo's combat was just too "deep" for me, too much going on that doesn't need to happen. Not sure why they insist on getting away from turn based combat, that is what FF is built on after all.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know. Just didn't click with me, I mean what little of 9 and fair bit of 10 I played was ok. I'd probably continue playing the series if the 2 13 games weren't so bad (in my opinion).

If that is true, that the combat system can be switched (hopefully back to turn based), then I'd probably pick it up and try it. The first demo's combat was just too "deep" for me, too much going on that doesn't need to happen. Not sure why they insist on getting away from turn based combat, that is what FF is built on after all.

To be fair, I'm not certain what the new combat style that is less action focused will be, but from the brief description Tabata gave in the interview, it sounds like it will more ATB driven but still not the classic turn based system.

9 was really good! 10 I loved the sphere grid system, and the story was good, the gameplay was probably more turn-based in the classic sense than many FF games before it, since it actually had a wait system.

I hope XV's alternate combat style is revealed in its entirety soon, so you can see if it's something of interest for you!

• Like 1

To be fair, I'm not certain what the new combat style that is less action focused will be, but from the brief description Tabata gave in the interview, it sounds like it will more ATB driven but still not the classic turn based system.

9 was really good! 10 I loved the sphere grid system, and the story was good, the gameplay was probably more turn-based in the classic sense than many FF games before it, since it actually had a wait system.

I hope XV's alternate combat style is revealed in its entirety soon, so you can see if it's something of interest for you!

Indeed, even if it doesn't plenty of games have come out this year, that I haven't been able to buy yet, so I'll be busy either way. Also... I think Alison Road, should be out about then and that's my most anticipated game xD

I can't state how much I love that the devs seem to have a fire under their ass. The one even mentioned that they are going to reclaim their throne. 

I think they really do realize that Final Fantasy has stumbled in recent years and isn't held to the high regard that it once was. That being said it seems like the devs feel that they really have something to prove with this game and that is so cool to see.

I am rooting for Square so much on this one. Literally JRPGs could steal the spotlight this year between FF and Persona.

• Like 1

Indeed, even if it doesn't plenty of games have come out this year, that I haven't been able to buy yet, so I'll be busy either way. Also... I think Alison Road, should be out about then and that's my most anticipated game xD

Fair enough! lol Hopefully it shows something that might pull you in :) If not, at least you'll have another title to look forward to!

I can't state how much I love that the devs seem to have a fire under their ass. The one even mentioned that they are going to reclaim their throne. 

I think they really do realize that Final Fantasy has stumbled in recent years and isn't held to the high regard that it once was. That being said it seems like the devs feel that they really have something to prove with this game and that is so cool to see.

I am rooting for Square so much on this one. Literally JRPGs could steal the spotlight this year between FF and Persona.

I can't agree more. They are certainly fighting this time, and it's honestly felt like they haven't done that in about 15 years. Thinking about it, for fans who may not have enjoyed X-2 or XII, and then the XIII trilogy, we haven't had a enjoyable or even great FF experience in 15 years.

Damn I was in 7th grade when they first showed this time flies.

Haha, I was in my first year of college, freshly in the chair of having to get a job to feed my gaming addiction. My family was done helping :lol: