hell am i doing wrong on this game?

i dont know why but i am real stuck on this game , dont matter how hard i try i just cant get past the 3rd level in the twin-cam challenge, its the combat in the back to the 80s round..ive tried all 4 cars with all fully upgraded with all diffent combos of wheels..HELP ME??

Is it already where you pass around a lamp in the track? If so, you can cut through the audiotape to get a small advantage on your opponents. Also, keep changing power-ups after you pick them up, try to let as many bombs/acid trail behind you as you can. Also, you can get another shortcut under the green RC tank to cut another turn on the track. Try to use Centurion wheels to make your opponent go slower, or the shield to avoid getting hit when you're first.

Give it a try, you should be able to achieve it...If that's not the case, get at least third and come back after you finished the championship, as you will be able to use any car regardless of their class.

I dont know which race exactly this is but combat races are easier.. though if you are finding it difficult.. here are a few tips..

1. AI follows same path its imp at start of race ie if a 4th car is getting hit by 5th at start it alwayz will.. provided you dont let this happen by coming in between lol.. you just need to survive this.. pick a powerup and try to get to first at the earliest.

2. The car which comes first when you dont come first is actually a bit hard to beat if you are not able to use any power up on it.. try to concentrate on it and make it fall using icing etc.. once you hamper its progress race becomes very easy

3. Use centurion wheels... but dont ram into everyone.. its just that when AI from behind ram into you it will slow down

4. Generally if you practice and you are good with tracks once you come first you will stay first. But if you are not and you are ahead dont save a power up.. keep on changing powerups.. and try to get bombs and oil spill as much as possible.. these really hamper AI.. they get hit 90 percent times..

5. This last tactic is well more suitable for multiplayer than AI but you can use it for AI as well.. choose peace wheels.. and when ever u get a rocket target marker.. use it.. another place of using it is when you are overtaking an oppenent..when you use power up you will slow down guy in front of you and chances are when you go past him he will use his power up and slow u down.. and you again return to initial position with your opponent ahead of you.. so use your power up and the immediately use peace bomb and zoom past the opponent.. though its more of a multiplayer tactic than AI but still can be used to good advantage.

You just need to practice.. if you can find shortcuts you can really ease the combat races.. refer to coin collection guide to know all shortcuts..

ALL THE BEST

i dont know why but i am real stuck on this game , dont matter how hard i try i just cant get past the 3rd level in the twin-cam challenge, its the combat in the back to the 80s round..ive tried all 4 cars with all fully upgraded with all diffent combos of wheels..HELP ME??

If this is the race I think you mean, I got stuck there too. I beat it by finishing the finale and using a street car after that (fully upgraded blue car) and equipping the shield wheels. Using them after the first item pick up helps you get in front of the pack, as they cannot hit you with weapons or ram you.

After that it was just a matter of getting a feel for the car and knowing when you should steer into the corner and brake.