is Xlink kai cheating?

Because incomplete (?) games need a "solution" now...?

I was replying to the op's original comment because he wanted a solution to his problem, which I thought was the point of this thread?

I was trying to answer his question - not have an irrelevant debate over it.

Edited by subzy84

I was replying to the op's original comment because he wanted a solution to his problem, which I thought was the point of this thread?

I was trying to answer his question - not have an irrelevant debate over it.

Deleting trophy lists may be a solution to OPs problem, but it would just cause absolute chaos. 100% leaderboards other sites use will no longer be accurate, hackers will run rampant because they can just delete their hacked list and then hack it again with better timestamps, trophy rarity will be nerfed because people delete lists with servers shut, etc. etc.

• Like 1

It's not cheating, and I don't think anybody can find out if you used it. Who's to say you didn't invite a friend over and actually used the LAN mode to get the trophies?

It's a LAN emulator, for people who don't have friends closeby to actually do the LAN with. Same with those stupid adhoc trophies some Vita games have (I think I've read somewhere that it may also work for this, but never tried it myself).

Edited by Ric

Deleting trophy lists may be a solution to OPs problem, but it would just cause absolute chaos. 100% leaderboards other sites use will no longer be accurate, hackers will run rampant because they can just delete their hacked list and then hack it again with better timestamps, trophy rarity will be nerfed because people delete lists with servers shut, etc. etc.

Yes you're right and you make alot of good points. I agree with what you're saying for the most part however I meant being able to only delete trophy lists for an unobtainable platinum, not the ability to delete any trophy list at will. This could solve the problem for people in the OPs position and minimize the chaos you described, but as you said it would nerf trophy rarity, which is a valid concern.

Edited by subzy84

The problem with deleting games with Unobtainable trophies is there's too many variables to consider:

• Does Sony add a flag to a game if it's reported to them that the servers are unobtainable. When a flag is applied you would be able to delete it from your profile?
  • Could you delete a game at 100% from your profile if it becomes unobtainable?
  • Does this only apply to games with online trophies or offline glitched trophies that cannot be obtained without a new patch that will never come.
  • Does this apply to main game or DLC as well. For example what if the main game is all offline but the DLC is online. You could then have the above scenario of people deleting and re-playing games to get a faster platinum because the DLC is unobtainable.
  • Could games be flagged as unobtainable and later be fixed and become obtainable again.
  • What happens if you delete a game in rage / drunk / annoyed / opinions change etc, then really wish you hadn't.

The above maybe relevant / irrelevant but regardless I don't think it's that straight forward.

The opinion I still stand by is that whatever game you have on your profile is part of your history and you should not be able to delete any of it. This is coming from a completionist with unobtainable trophies on Ghostbusters and F.E.A.R. 2

• Like 1