Waste Not, Want Not Trophy?

RASMUS_CRAELIUS

Death Blossom kills DO count towards the trophy. I've got it yesterday killing a Tracer and a Widowmaker with the shotguns and finishing off a Zenyatta with Death Blossom  :) I think mixing like this is your best bet to obtain the trophy because it seems to be slightly glitched.

Edited by ShimizuGear09
  • Like 1

Death Blossom kills DO count towards the trophy. I've got it yesterday killing a Tracer and a Widowmaker with the shotguns and finishing off a Zenyatta with Death Blossom  :) I think mixing like this is your best bet to obtain the trophy because it seems to be slightly glitched.

Isn't that the same as doing damage with the shotgun, then a teammate finishing him off? This game counts kill assists the same as kills. So as long as you do enough damage with your regular shotguns first, it should count.

I was thinking the OP meant just straight up getting 3 kills with Death Blossom. Which doesn't work, since you can see the trophy rarities between this trophy and the one that requires 4 kills with 1 Death Blossom. More people have the other trophy than this one. If straight Death Blossom kills counted, then the trophies would pop at the same time.

• Like 1

Isn't that the same as doing damage with the shotgun, then a teammate finishing him off? This game counts kill assists the same as kills. So as long as you do enough damage with your regular shotguns first, it should count.

The problem with "Waste Not, Want not" (at least in my case) is that whenever I did it the right way (dealing all killing blows with the shotguns or even getting 3 "full kills" by myself), the game never awarded me with the trophy. But, as soon as I did a mix of normal kills and Death Blossom, the trophy popped right away. 

And, maybe I should have been more clear, but yeah, 3 straight kills with Death Blossom don't count  :lol:

Edited by ShimizuGear09

The problem with "Waste Not, Want not" (at least in my case) is that whenever I did it the right way (dealing all killing blows with the shotguns or even getting 3 "full kills" by myself), the game never awarded me with the trophy. But, as soon as I did a mix of normal kills and Death Blossom, the trophy popped right away. 

And, maybe I should have been more clear, but yeah, 3 straight kills with Death Blossom don't count  :lol:

I thought the same thing xD. I was pretty sure I had gotten 3 kills without reloading all by myself on 3 different ocassions and it never popped. 

I'm seeing different responses here based on assumption but my information is 100% verified from me doing it myself.

You CAN kill them with Death Blossom for this to count. You just have to shoot them at least once with your shotgun first, even if it is minor damage from a farther range. Once I realized I could do it this way I got it my first try, good luck.