Fast levels?

D4N11--

I beated the story of this game, now I need to level up my characters so I can fight the bonus bosses and acquire the 3 secret aeon's and fill the sphere grid. I'm wondering what shall I do now?

I've collected 5 Celestial weapons today but they bring ability "No AP" so I can't level up with them, where should I train or what should I do now? I got Auron 4600 hp, rest are 1900-3500 HP so I can't fight the toughest enemies yet, well I got 15 sphere levels for everyone I've been just lazy putting them recently but yeah lol. Any tips?

I beated the story of this game, now I need to level up my characters so I can fight the bonus bosses and acquire the 3 secret aeon's and fill the sphere grid. I'm wondering what shall I do now?

I've collected 5 Celestial weapons today but they bring ability "No AP" so I can't level up with them, where should I train or what should I do now? I got Auron 4600 hp, rest are 1900-3500 HP so I can't fight the toughest enemies yet, well I got 15 sphere levels for everyone I've been just lazy putting them recently but yeah lol. Any tips?

You can keep fighting one eye in the Monster Arena and he will drop weapons with Triple AP. If you customise Triple overdrive and Overdrive to AP onto the triple AP weapon you can level up faster.

on the celestial weapons? No. Does they remove the No AP ability?

Yes, and the weapons become very powerful. :P Supposedly customized for each character, but honestly, the best weapons are those you make yourself. 4 empty slots you fill with the most necessary. Max HP%+ whatever is usually something you want one of or more, to get max stats in the game. You don't need max of every stat, I can't remember the math anymore, but I posted in another thread on this forum. You can also read about it on gamefaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/46942

and

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/31381

(Expert sphere grid = garbage for anything other than speedrun I guess, so hopefully you didn't pick that)

Edited by MMDE

Hmm. Okay  I'm gonna get that Triple AP weapon and customize it!

It's not just about leveling up, you will need to create more spheres, and preferably delete some bad ones too. Anyway, IIRC, at some point each level will require the same amount of EXP.

EDIT:

As for why you want better stats? You don't necessarily need this, but it's good to have against Dark Yojimbo.

Anything in the game, even dark aeons, or super strong bosses in arena, even last boss, can be killed with Yojimbo's one hit kill. There are ways to work this dude to be more efficient at producing that result. Really, the hardest part in the game is beating Dark Yojimbo, which takes several fights without saving, so you may wanna make sure you got your luck with Yojimbo. ;p But also that you got the stats to fight him without. Also, there is one section of the game without Yuna that can be tricky with low stats.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18486

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/24392

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

It's not just about leveling up, you will need to create more spheres, and preferably delete some bad ones too. Anyway, IIRC, at some point each level will require the same amount of EXP.

EDIT:

As for why you want better stats? You don't necessarily need this, but it's good to have against Dark Yojimbo.

Anything in the game, even dark aeons, or super strong bosses in arena, even last boss, can be killed with Yojimbo's one hit kill. There are ways to work this dude to be more efficient at producing that result. Really, the hardest part in the game is beating Dark Yojimbo, which takes several fights without saving, so you may wanna make sure you got your luck with Yojimbo. ;p But also that you got the stats to fight him without. Also, there is one section of the game without Yuna that can be tricky with low stats.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18486

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/24392

I don't have enough gil for Yojimbo, I tried to fight the 2 other secret aeons but they did 9999 dmg to whole party before I got chance to do anything so I guess  I need better stats to get the secret aeons and then use the secret aeons to kill 2 secret bosses

I did the King Tomberry way, which was Overdrive x AP + Triple AP + Overdrive x 3 and setting everyone's overdrive mode into the one you get points by having teammates damaged. You can do something like 40+ levels per time. Still, I think it's gonna be hard to run through the post-story without Celestial Weapons...I know you can craft better ones, but without them I couldn't even beat some of the initial Zoolab monsters...

Edited by Ryuzaki1993

I don't have enough gil for Yojimbo, I tried to fight the 2 other secret aeons but they did 9999 dmg to whole party before I got chance to do anything so I guess  I need better stats to get the secret aeons and then use the secret aeons to kill 2 secret bosses

But the way you hire and use Yojimbo determine how often he will do the one-hit-kill attack for you. :P This is just to be used against extremely hard bosses, if you want an easy time though.

IIRC, Omega Ruins is the place to level up, but you gotta be strong enough for it. You may want to get triple AP and just collect all the monsters for the arena. Make sure you create new points on the grid for better stats and remove really bad ones, like +1 str and replace with a +4 str etc.

Edited by MMDE

But the way you hire and use Yojimbo determine how often he will do the one-hit-kill attack for you. :P This is just to be used against extremely hard bosses, if you want an easy time though.

How can I hire him for cheap? I got only 180k Gil and I need some of them to buy more potions when they run out

How can I hire him for cheap? I got only 180k Gil and I need some of them to buy more potions when they run out

Sorry, but I'm editing my post so often, I often add more later.

Anyway, you already quoted two links I posted to guides on Yojimbo. I recommend all the four links I posted if you want good stats and easy time with the dark aeons and other bosses.

(make sure you don't create too many of specific stats, that'd just be a waste, seeing as the max is 255 for most stats and some you don't need to go anywhere near max to get max result from in fights, but see links I posted for more info!)

Edited by MMDE

You can beat a Mimic with Gillionaire and get 100k gil in 1 fight. (50 or 100k, it's been a while lol)

IIRC, Omega Ruins is the place to level up, but you gotta be strong enough for it. You may want to get triple AP and just collect all the monsters for the arena. Make sure you create new points on the grid for better stats and remove really bad ones, like +1 str and replace with a +4 str etc.

I never saw the point of replacing spheres on the grid. Is it just to max your stats faster? I maxed all stats but Luck and Magic, had no trouble against any of the bosses (Zanmato'ed Penance), and I don't think I used a single Clear Sphere.

You can beat a Mimic with Gillionaire and get 100k gil in 1 fight. (50 or 100k, it's been a while lol)

I never saw the point of replacing spheres on the grid. Is it just to max your stats faster? I maxed all stats but Luck and Magic, had no trouble against any of the bosses (Zanmato'ed Penance), and I don't think I used a single Clear Sphere.

Clear Sphere is to remove bad spheres. Luck replaces almost two other stats, and so if invested extra in, tiresome as it is, you get more grids left for HP and MP spheres. If done correctly, you can, at least with one +HP% on weapon or whatever get 99999HP 9999MP and max stats that matters in fights, but not 255 of all stats, gotta sacrifice some HP then.

Yes, it's so you can use the spot for more HP. ;) The ones you create yourself is +400HP and +40MP instead or whatever. (IIRC) You won't max out the HP, even if you do it perfectly, unless you of course use one of the max +HP%! :P

You can't necessarily use Zanmato successfully against Dark Yojimbo over and over, chances are a couple of fights will be without your own Yojimbo. Hence, Dark Yojimbo is the hardest because of multiple fights without saving. All the other bosses are super easy.

Edited by MMDE

Clear Sphere is to remove bad spheres. Luck replaces almost two other stats, and so if invested extra in, tiresome as it is, you get more grids left for HP and MP spheres. If done correctly, you can, at least with one +HP% on weapon or whatever get 99999HP 9999MP and max stats that matters in fights, but not 255 of all stats, gotta sacrifice some HP then.

Yes, it's so you can use the spot for more HP. ;) The ones you create yourself is +400HP and +40MP instead or whatever. (IIRC)

You can't necessarily use Zanmato successfully against Dark Yojimbo over and over, chances are a couple of fights will be without your own Yojimbo. Hence, Dark Yojimbo is the hardest because of multiple fights without saving. All the other bosses are super easy.

Yeah, I just beat Yojimbo normally, wasn't hard, just had to mix Ultra NulAll with Rikku and you could survive everything really. (Auto Protect is awesome) I found Anima to be the hardest, but even then that wasn't that hard. I saw no point in going past 9999 HP, or even investing in MP spheres apart from just filling nodes for the Sphere grid trophy, 9999 was enough IMO, and even saved the hassle of grinding HP Spheres in that awful, awful fight.