RDR2 possibly showed to press was to close out the show but events in Orlando had it pulled.

It is very likely that the game is coming very soon. We've seen leaked info on it and it's been a lot of talk lately. Even Rockstar has talked about how there's going to be a big title of a beloved series coming out soon. What we've seen so far about the game indicates that it might be a prequel to RDRedemption.

No no its not about that. I know Rockstar will announce soon. We've had this discussion before :P . Its when people just say RDR 2. Both Red Dead games start with R so we dont know if they are talking about Revolver or Redemption. It annoys me  ;)

• Like 1

I think you miss the point. He seemed to have something on his mind, something that really bothered him in at the current moment.

As for ISIS, yeah, I don't think he really had gotten direct instructions from ISIS. Trust me, I've made that argument. That does not mean he did it because of "deep-seated homophobia", neither that he wasn't inspired by the message of ISIS, because this is just the kind of thing they do advocate for. It is not uncommon for gay people to be executed in all kinds of ways in certain countries. :\

While it is sad this happened in USA, this is just the tip of the ice berg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_January–June_2016

ISIS kills in terrorist acts:

June 13: 25-30 people

June 12: 55 people

June 11: 80-85 people

June 10: 62 people

June 9: 45 people

June 8: 1 person

June 7: 20 people

June 6: 87 people

June 5: 467 people

June 3: 19 people

June 1: 14 people

May 31: 1 person

May 29: 39 people

May 28: 2 people

May 26: 8 people

May 25: 1 person

May 24: 2 people

May 23: 237 + 260 injured

May 21: person

May 18:  25 people

May 17: 101 + 194 injured

May 16: 26

etc etc :\ :\ :\

Valid or not? You don't want people to counter PC culture???

The ironic thing about this is that a lot of ppl horrified by this shooting and rightfully so, have no problems with open borders and 1000's of "refugees" coming over from ISIS infected regions.

I don't see the connection between a new Read Dead game and this shooting, and how it is sensitive to show some footage of a new game they are releasing due to this? :S

Have you even read the linked thread at all? There was a shooting in a club, killing a bunch of innocent people, that part is historic fact. The alleged Rockstar trailer, according to the person who posted it on Reddit (and whose veracity in the first place should be in question by anyone who has been on the internet longer than 60 seconds in their lifetime), was to depict a shooting in a saloon where some unarmed people would get killed during part of it. If you can't put yourself in Rockstar's shoes for a second and see and respect where they might conceivably come to the decision that, knowing what you've been told through that admittedly suspect Reddit thread, "Yeah, probably not in the best taste to show something like this the day after what's being talked about in the news right now", I might call your empathy into question. Also, it's interesting that you point out conspiracy theories as part of "the PC culture", when you led off with implying that there was something amiss with the Sony conference presenter being more disturbed and worried than is apparently expected for a deeply worrying and disturbing tragedy. Just something I found interesting in hindsight.

Edited by damon8r351

Maybe he knew one of the victims? Even if he didn't, it was a horrible tragedy.

Yes, this I think was speculated into, and might be the case as well. It definitely seemed to bother him quite a lot more than it did for most people. hmm

PC culture? You mean that part of an empathetic human society where people are now being held accountable for the racist, sexist, misogynistic, and homophobic comments they make? Yeah, I'm not particularly inclined to counter that.

And I don't particularly see how Rockstar being sensitive to a national tragedy, if this alleged trailer even exists, would be giving in to PC culture, whatever that is.

Sorry but a lot of PC culture is used to shut down opposing comments and directed at certain segments of the population. In other words Political Correctness is fascism with a smile.

• Like 3

No no its not about that. I know Rockstar will announce soon. We've had this discussion before :P . Its when people just say RDR 2. Both Red Dead games start with R so we dont know if they are talking about Revolver or Redemption. It annoys me  ;)

Yeah, I know we've discussed it on this forum, just couldn't remember exactly who everyone who participated in the thread was. :P Like no offense to you, I couldn't tell you a single person. I got a bad memory when it comes to certain things. :\

Also, yeah, it will probably be called something else, but it may be RDR2, if it's about the same character.

Have you even read the linked thread at all? There was a shooting in a club, killing a bunch of innocent people, that part is historic fact. The alleged Rockstar trailer, according to the person who posted it on Reddit (and whose veracity in the first place should be in question by anyone who has been on the internet longer than 60 seconds in their lifetime), was to depict a shooting in a saloon where some unarmed people would get killed during part of it. If you can't put yourself in Rockstar's shoes for a second and see and respect where they might conceivably come to the decision that, knowing what you've been told through that admittedly suspect Reddit thread, "Yeah, probably not in the best taste to show something like this the day after what's being talked about in the news right now", I might call your empathy into question.

I didn't read the reddit thread, so I wouldn't know what the connection was, and I didn't see it, so I said that. It seems likely they don't want to do that due to bad press that would follow, if that is the case. They could have edited it though.

Also, it's interesting that you point out conspiracy theories as part of "the PC culture", when you led off with implying that there was something amiss with the Sony conference presenter being more disturbed and worried than is apparently expected for a deeply worrying and disturbing tragedy. Just something I found interesting in hindsight.

It was genuinely something we talked about in the chat when he came up on stage during the conference, long before any of this RDR stuff. We brushed it off as this:

Maybe he knew one of the victims? Even if he didn't, it was a horrible tragedy.

^

But that part of the speech seemed more last hour than last day...

• Like 1

Also, yeah, it will probably be called something else, but it may be RDR2, if it's about the same character.

Could be, but Rockstar almost always use a new protagonist with a new game. Well except for Max Payne because the protagonist is in the title :P  

Sorry but a lot of PC culture is used to shut down opposing comments and directed at certain segments of the population. In other words Political Correctness is fascism with a smile.

And in my own personal experience, "PC culture" is a buzzword used by the people who find out they can't use the word "faggot" to describe anything other than a bundle of twigs, tell a proverbial "dumb blonde" joke, or tell a woman to get back into the kitchen, without rightfully being called out on their BS any more. In other words, a verbal temper tantrum.

I think we might have different experiences.

Edited by damon8r351

And in my own personal experience, "PC culture" is a buzzword used by the people who find out they can't use the word "faggot" to describe anything other than a bundle of twigs, tell a proverbial "dumb blonde" joke, or tell a woman to get back into the kitchen, without rightfully being called out on their BS any more. In other words, a verbal temper tantrum.

See what I mean? Thanks for proving my point. Cause in my experience, certain groups get free passes while others get vilified for something equally "offensive". Think you know what I mean, just not willing to go there.

Do you think any of the regular users on this forum is anything like this? Or is this just an example of what people complain about? Labeling people all kinds of emotionally loaded words because they don't agree with you or said something you don't like. Why are you doing this? This is a part of what people call "PC culture", just so you know. It is behavior that works against open and honest discussion.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Do you think any of the regular users on this forum is anything like this?

Considering the reaction just from the announcement here that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 wasn't getting released in the US, and the blame was placed on "social justice warriors", some by people who have posted in this very thread (meaningful look)? Yes, I surely do suspect so.

See what I mean? Thanks for proving my point. Cause in my experience, certain groups get free passes while others get vilified for something equally "offensive". Think you know what I mean, just not willing to go there.

No I don't see how that proves your point.

Edited by damon8r351

Do you think any of the regular users on this forum is anything like this? Or is this just an example of what people complain about? Labeling people all kinds of emotionally loaded words because they don't agree with you or said something you don't like. Why are you doing this? This is a part of what people call "PC culture", just so you know. It is behavior that works against open and honest discussion.

Its one reason the nation is so divided. And that's how they want it to be.

Considering the reaction just from the announcement here that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 wasn't getting released in the US, and the blame was placed on "social justice warriors", some by people who have posted in this very thread (meaningful look)? Yes, I surely do suspect so.

No I don't see how that proves your point.

Of course you don't.

I don't see the correlation between thinking DoAX3 wasn't released in the US had to do with SJW and:

"people who find out they can't use the word "faggot" to describe anything other than a bundle of twigs, tell a proverbial "dumb blonde" joke, or tell a woman to get back into the kitchen, without rightfully being called out on their BS any more. In other words, a verbal temper tantrum."

How do you get to this conclusion based on people being tired of certain other people whining about what they consider non-issues?

Edited by MMDE

How do you get to this conclusion based on people being tired of certain other people whining about what they consider non-issues?

Wait, I get slapped with words like "PC culture" and "fascist" and that I or people that are like me are whining about non-issues, but I'm the one working against open and honest discussion? So I can't be alright with Rockstar pulling a trailer, because that was wrong and fuck everyone dealing with the aftermath of a tragedy, because those trailers need to be out as is on time?

I don't see the correlation between thinking DoAX3 wasn't released in the US had to do with SJW

Not sure why you wouldn't. Because you certainly agreed with the general thrust of this thread.

Interesting. The FBI did a 10 month investigation on Marteen cause he told co workers he had family connections to al-Qaeda and Hezbollah. But all he had to do is say he said it in anger cause he was teased and discriminated him for being a muslim and the FBI dropped the case. Political Correctness kills.

Wait, I get slapped with words like "PC culture" and "fascist" and that I or people that are like me are whining about non-issues, but I'm the one working against open and honest discussion? So I can't be alright with Rockstar pulling a trailer, because that was wrong and fuck everyone dealing with the aftermath of a tragedy, because those trailers need to be out as is on time?

Not sure why you wouldn't. Because you certainly agreed with the general thrust of this thread.

Is it open and honest discussion to label people emotionally charged words when you've no basis for it? That is the difference. You've no basis for what you're calling people. You're not a victim here.

Edited by MMDE

Interesting. The FBI did a 10 month investigation on Marteen cause he told co workers he had family connections to al-Qaeda and Hezbollah. But all he had to do is say he said it in anger cause he was teased and discriminated him for being a muslim and the FBI dropped the case. Political Correctness kills.

Just no. They dropped the case because during the investigation they found no connections to Hezbollah or al-Qaeda other than just the talk, and to this day there is no confirmed connection. Other than him reading their propaganda on the internet, which is something you or I can easily do and doesn't make us any more connected to those groups then he was. Nor does a phone call to 911 declaring that he did it for ISIS connect him to them.

Rockstar Generally upload a trailer of their new game or DLC.Rockstar hasn't said anything yet until they fully announced the game I don't believe anything.

Yeah, it is totally fine you don't believe anything until you see an official announcement. But what is fake rumors? How are they false?

Is it open and honest discussion to label people emotionally charged words when you've no basis for it? That is the difference. You've no basis for what you're calling people. You're not a victim here.

Nor am I claiming to be. I'm just pointing out that you're guilty of the same behavior you're accusing me of.

Just no. They dropped the case because during the investigation they found no connections to Hezbollah or al-Qaeda other than just the talk, and to this day there is no confirmed connection. Other than him reading their propaganda on the internet, which is something you or I can easily do and doesn't make us any more connected to those groups then he was. Nor does a phone call to 911 declaring that he did it for ISIS connect him to them.

They dropped it right after he played the muslim card. And you know what? They couldn't vet this one guy after 10 months but we want to import 1000's from ISIS regions. That's how insane political correctness is. But yet you are a racist and islamophobe for pointing it out.