Permanently Pinned Topics For New Games

Xel

I know it's a long shot but I've been thinking about it. I would prefer to see pinned topics like " General Discussion", "Every Trailer For Game X",  "Bugs and Solutions", "Post Your Screenshots/Videos"  and stuff like "Trophy List Discussion/Tips" as well as "Boosting Sessions" and people can use those instead of having to create topics just for one sole purpose. That being said, I think the ability to add more threads on top of the ones mentioned should be disabled. I know not many will be down for it but I just thought this will lessen the redundancy of threads.

Again, That's just a suggestion I'm fine with it being the way it is as long as Mods lock threads that seem like spam.

Have a good day.

• Like 1

Part of what you're suggesting is a good idea, such as the topics for trailers, bugs, screenshots, and trophy list. Topics for boosting sessions aren't allowed so that one won't and shouldn't happen.

If I understand correctly you're actually suggesting to remove the ability for anyone to start a new topic in a game's forum section? I'm not even going to respond to that one.

The mods do lock topics that are spam, if they're actually spam and if they actually see them. If you see a topic that's spam then report it, don't just leave it and hope they see it. Though it sounds like you have a very different definition of what is spam going by what you're suggesting and why.

I know it's a long shot but I've been thinking about it. I would prefer to see pinned topics like " General Discussion", "Every Trailer For Game X",  "Bugs and Solutions", "Post Your Screenshots/Videos"  and stuff like "Trophy List Discussion/Tips" as well as "Boosting Sessions" and people can use those instead of having to create topics just for one sole purpose. That being said, I think the ability to add more threads on top of the ones mentioned should be disabled. I know not many will be down for it but I just thought this will lessen the redundancy of threads.

Again, That's just a suggestion I'm fine with it being the way it is as long as Mods lock threads that seem like spam.

Have a good day.

I think this would make the forums more well-ordered and neater. Actually, it would be great if such topics would just be automatically generated when a new game appears on the list of games (no idea if that's easy to implement in a new update or if that costs a whole lot of work). This would make a nice addition to the site and give it much more order than the mess it can become sometimes now :D

• Like 1

Disabling the ability to create more game threads? No, absolutely not.

Creating threads for boosting trophies? No, absolutely not. That's what the Gaming Sessions are for. "But-" No.

The other suggestions are fine. Websites like playstationtrophies.org have threads that are always created by the staff for each game because they were always needed. Polls on the difficulty of the platinum and average playtime. Yourgamercards.net staff would create threads of templates for whoever wanted to write a trophy guide for each game, but that was always a mess. Those websites also had more staff.