Shortest run possible

Stargazer2600

I have beat Mass Effect many many times. The first time I completed it I didn't get any of the Ally trophies because I didn't realize how that worked. Since then I know I have beat it many times over so much so that I can practically quote the game word for word. That being said the first game is getting a little old with me that is why it's taking me so long to come close to platting this game. The first time that I was going to do Insanity my game was erased due to a ex girlfriend who deleted my stuff. Now I know I have to at least beat the game two more times. Once on Hardcore and then insanity. I already have over 88 hours invested the game. So I'm wondering if anybody knows the quickest way to Speed Run the game. I'm already at max level. I have the strongest weapons with mods. And I have the strongest armor for all characters.

If anyone knows any way of making this game super short so I can get the insanity trophy I would appreciate it.

Edited by Stargazer2600

• 6 months later...

Too late to help OP, but there's a glitch that makes the Hardcore/Insanity trophies really quick so you can do the ally trophies on casual and breeze through it.

So here's what you do to get your 2 playthroughs, Hardcore & Insanity trophies the EASY way.

1. Make a save after you reach Saren the first time in the Citidel, before you go down to the final fight.

2. Complete the game.

3. Reload the save you made in step 1.

4. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity and save over your save from step 1. (remember to SAVE your settings before you exit the settings screen)

5. Start a new career and import your character that you just beat the game with.

6. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity while on the Normandy. (remember to save your settings before you exit the settings screen) 

7. When you are on Eden Prime make another separate save.

8. Reload your previous save from step 4 and beat the game.

Do note that you will have to fight the boss underleveled - if you do each run fully on the difficulty, you'd probably be level 60 by the time you reach the final boss on Insanity. But with this method, you'll be doing the final boss at the level you finished your first playthrough on (I was personally level 44 I think). So you will have a harder final boss fight, undoubtedly, but you won't have to play everything leading up to the boss fight again.

• Like 3