Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

When I was fighting No Heart, I noticed that his explosion doesn't cover the entire field, only a half or a third, so when I seen him leap in the air, I got away from him as fast as I could, to the other side of the field. I also went in with a full menu of Curagas, and depended on the Shotlock Lightening Ray to deal damage. Since I had the ability Damage Syphon, his attacks pretty much ensured I had a full Shotlock bar each time he attacked, and I just spammed Curaga while he was attacking me. Still died quite a bit, but I managed to do it with each character with this strategy.

Unfortunately, it seems my ability to use Terra in BBSFM is lacking, and thus I fear that I will never be able to platinum the game. After 25 attempts to fight Mysterious Figure, I give up. He keeps hitting Terra with Doom and I can't escape it. This is because Terra's dodge is GOD AWFUL and has ZERO invinicibility frames. As such I am unable to do any Critical Mode runs because I vowed not to start the Critical Mode Runs until I got 100% reports with all three characters and YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT MYSTERIOUS FIGURE WITH TERRA! :((And yes, I've tried using Thunder Surges and curing in between but the closest I've got is to one bar of health before he hits Terra with Doom again. You can't avoid it!)

I'll probably just attempt to go to KHFM instead.

I couldn't let that slide xD. The first thing I did in Birth by Sleep after a year and four months break from this game was fight No Heart with a Lv. 48 Aqua on Critical.

Well, what  can I say...? No Heart isn't overly difficult, he kicked the bucket on my second try. The fight lasted 6 minutes and 56 seconds.

It wasn't hard, Aqua's dodge is just too strong for No Heart. She can dodge all of his attacks just fine (yes, even the explosion, I did that a few times). He hit me once with his explosion, but it wasn't worth mentioning, I just dodged all of his attacks until my Command Gauges were back to normal.

I had 4 x Curaga and 4 x Thunder Surge in the following order: Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga

Keyblade: Void Gear (obtained by beating Vanitas Remnant, but you can use whatever you want, it doesn't really matter)

Abilities: All

That works well against the Mysterious Figure, too.

The first phase is pretty much button mashing, I saw no need to dodge any attacks in that phase and just used regular attacks and healed whenever Aqua's HP were at 1. The second phase against No Heart himself wasn't that different, just a bit more dodging, Thunder Surge instead of regular attacks and healing whenever I'd have died with the next hit.

Congrats on you! Now try fighting him with Terra.  :devil: 

Unfortunately, it seems my ability to use Terra in BBSFM is lacking, and thus I fear that I will never be able to platinum the game.

Mine is too, or at least was when I played the game on PSP (even though I always played on Critical, even on my first playthrough on PSP, some friends wanted to see me die, so I started on Critical. It was doable.). I don't know what I can do with Terra now, haven't tried any of the optional bosses yet. I'll let you know how I defeated the Mysterious Figure with Terra once it is done, maybe that helps. If nothing else helps, I'm going to level him up to 99, but I hope I don't have to do that. My Terra is currently around Lv. 45, that'd take too long.

And thanks :). I will do that someday.

Also, I did the Unversed Battle Missions with Aqua and finished her reports, so that's two more trophies out of the way. I had to grind some medals to buy the last command for her and fought Armor of Eraqus just for the heck of it to get them. It's actually funny to use Lightning Ray against him when he moves too fast for the normal movement of the character. You can keep up with him in Lightning Ray and it looks like he runs away from the player xD.

Edited by viech54

Unfortunately, it seems my ability to use Terra in BBSFM is lacking, and thus I fear that I will never be able to platinum the game. After 25 attempts to fight Mysterious Figure, I give up. He keeps hitting Terra with Doom and I can't escape it. This is because Terra's dodge is GOD AWFUL and has ZERO invinicibility frames. As such I am unable to do any Critical Mode runs because I vowed not to start the Critical Mode Runs until I got 100% reports with all three characters and YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT MYSTERIOUS FIGURE WITH TERRA! :((And yes, I've tried using Thunder Surges and curing in between but the closest I've got is to one bar of health before he hits Terra with Doom again. You can't avoid it!)

I'll probably just attempt to go to KHFM instead.

If it helps, when I fought Mysterious Figure with Terra, I was very aggressive. I had 3 Thunder Surges and 3 Curaga, and I was very very aggressive with him. I barely dodged his attacks, and just kept on Thunder Surging him when I could. He never used Doom on me (with Terra or Ven anyway), but maybe that was either cause I got very lucky, or maybe he doesn't use it if you stay close to him, cause I barely gave him room to breathe. My Terra was also level 60 at the time. This is just the strategy I used, so here's hoping it can help you too! 

If it helps, when I fought Mysterious Figure with Terra, I was very aggressive. I had 3 Thunder Surges and 3 Curaga, and I was very very aggressive with him. I barely dodged his attacks, and just kept on Thunder Surging him when I could. He never used Doom on me (with Terra or Ven anyway), but maybe that was either cause I got very lucky, or maybe he doesn't use it if you stay close to him, cause I barely gave him room to breathe. My Terra was also level 60 at the time. This is just the strategy I used, so here's hoping it can help you too! 

Kinda sounds like what I have in mind for the Mysterious Figure with Terra, I'd suggest giving it a go. Being aggressive in general does the trick against many bosses in the series. It makes the story part of the Critical playthrough in KH2 so much more doable, it was hardly more than button mashing for me most of the time.

Thanks for the advice, all of you. My Terra is Level 99, if you are interested in knowing. I'm going to put this game in cold storage for a week or so to get my mind off the shame. I'll try the aggressive strategy when I try it again.

Anyways, I plan on starting on KHFM and working on the gummi missions to try to get Gummi Ship Collector out of the way. I might be putting these games on the next Platinum Rain Day event, just as a warning.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I just tried the Mysterious Figure once, he killed me, but I learned something interesting. One thing you definitely want to keep in mind is that Thunder Surge makes you invincible for a short amount of time. You can use that to dodge attacks with Terra if you time it right. It is perfectly safe to 'dogde' into the Mysterious Figure's attacks with Thunder Surge, your attack takes priority over his attack and maybe you'll even interrupt him. The same goes for Curaga and pretty much every other command.

edit:

HELL YEAH!!! I did it, I defeated the Mysterious Figure with a Lv. 46 Terra on Critical. Damn, that was hard. It took me about 15 tries to make minced meat out of him. The funniest thing is how this battle ended xD. He was invisible, I used Terra's dashes to move around the arena fast and had no idea where the Mysterious Figure was. Somehow, I hit him with Sonic Impact (that's a dodge move that also damages the enemyy, use Slide, then press square again with the command equipped to make Terra use Sonic Impact) when he had next to no health left. That killed him xD.

Among others, it's moments like these that truly make me realize how great it is to be a gamer. Testing my skills against a challenging foe, learning how to counter certain moves, coming up with strategies and ultimately surpassing him feels great.

My setup:

Keyblade Chaos Ripper for more physical attack power

Command: Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga -> Thunder Surge -> Curaga

Strategy:

Be as aggressive as you can, your attacks interrupt his attacks and you are invincible while using any command. Use that to your advantage to deal damage or dodge attacks. Albeit very few, Terra's Slide has invincibility frames, it can save your ass, but don't count on it too much, you won't be able to dodge most attacks. Besides that, the Mysterious Figure has a hard time keeping up with your speed when you use Slide -> Sonic Impact. You can get away from him fast. Thunder Surge -> Slide -> Sonic Impact (triangle -> square -> square), rinse and repeat to deal damage and keep your distance at the same time and heal if you have to.

If he summons the orbs, then you're pretty much dead. Try to heal and if you're lucky, the Mysterious Figure will come at you and keep you in a combo. That's good, you should have Second Chance and Once More, as long as it's a combo, no attack can kill you. It will buy you the time you need for the orbs to despawn.

If he summons his gangbang buddies (his clones), then try to dispatch them with a Thunder Surge immediately. If they are already attacking you, good luck, they can be cheap as hell and it's entirely up to luck whether you survive or not. Try to heal if you can and dispatch them with a Thunder Surge if you have the chance (more than 1 HP = go for it). If that doesn't work, you're most likely dead, but they disappear after some time has passed, so it's not impossible to survive.

If he's invisible, use Slide -> Sonic Impact all the time and move through the arena as fast as you can to make it as hard as possible for him to hit you. Make sure not to bump into a wall, that can be fatal. You can leave the range of his attacks by doing that and actually have a good chance of escaping most of his attacks.

If he casts Doom on you, mash the X button as fast as you can. He did this against me several times, I always managed to get away.

If he grabs you with his rope (the attack where you get drawn in the air & attack by him), press square repeatedly to get away before he attacks you.

If you lose your commands, good luck getting them back before you die. Use Slide -> Sonic Impact to move through the area faster. This also helps to dodge the attack by leaving the area of effect in time.

You can't do anything about his Megaflare, just accept the damage and heal right away.

You can more or less do something about his Raging Storm (flame pillars). There are two things you can do.

1. Thunder Surge stunlock until it's over, never got the chance to test whether that actually shortens the attack or not, but it staggers the enemy.

2. Slide -> Sonic Impact. He will teleport, but your slides are faster than that. If you're unlucky and get hit, heal right away and prepare to use some more Curaga to stay alive.

Lastly, using Thunder Surge or Curaga (preferably Thunder Surge, it lasts longer and you need Curaga to heal if things go wrong) is a 100% guaranteed dodge against all attacks, use it as you see fit to protect yourself. Don't hesistate to do so, you get enough chances to deal damage, but even a good run means nothing if you die before dealing the final blow.

I think that's about it, good luck. If there's anything else you need to know, ask away, I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Edited by viech54

You're welcome, if it helps others, it was worth sharing my thoughts.

Here's a suggestion: Add links to posts with guides in this topic, it might help others and will get lost fast as we continue to talk about the games. While there's a good strategy in the linked guide in the starting post, it may or may not work for everyone. Some alternatives could be useful - especially for fighting him with Terra.

Well I did it! I have gotten the platinum to Chain of Memories, and with that, I have platinumed all 4 Kingdom Hearts Games to date!

Congrats on the plat! Now if only I could not get sidetracked and go play a Kingdom Hearts game. Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

Well I did it! I have gotten the platinum to Chain of Memories, and with that, I have platinumed all 4 Kingdom Hearts Games to date!

Okay, I'll get right on your certificate. Congratulations! ^_^

EDIT: Sent out Reimu to get the remaining reagents. Yeah, she's joined the Heartless Hunters. (IOW there is a fan game Touhou/KH game. I don't recall the video of gameplay but it was rockin'.)

itwasinevitable.png

Anyways, I just finished creating it so... *clears throat*

In Honor of evilartifact, who has successfully conquered the Heartless, the Unversed, and the Nobodies, I present to you this certificate, forged of Mithril, Orichalcum and Lucid Crystals, for platinuming every Kingdom Hearts game in both Remixes! Congratulations!

certificateofsuccess002.png

Enjoy. (If you want a smaller banner, I can adjust the picture - the original is on my blog.)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Congrats on getting your fourth platinum in a Kindom Hearts game :).

With the release of God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater Resurrection, I kinda got distracted, but finished all Command Boards with Terra and all except the Secret Board with Ventus. God Eater Resurrection will keep me busy, but I'm going to try to platinum Birth by Sleep within the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Let me in on this. I only have Kingdom Hearts I and II done, but I'll probably finish Birth By Sleep before September. Doubt I'll play Chain of Memories any time soon.

Sure thing, I added you. Welcome to the thread! :^D

With the release of God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater Resurrection, I kinda got distracted, but finished all Command Boards with Terra and all except the Secret Board with Ventus. God Eater Resurrection will keep me busy, but I'm going to try to platinum Birth by Sleep within the next few weeks.

Don't worry too much about it; even though I'm going to be working on KHFM in September(and those dreaded gummi trophies), I'm going to be working on some of my other games too. ;)

I can't believe I didn't notice this thread sooner! Could I please be added?

I've been slowly working parallel to this event since May, which is when I got serious about getting the KHCoM plat. Like DetectiveCJ, I also gave myself a birthday deadline (December 2 instead of 6) for the two collections and feel real close now. At the moment I have the KH1 and KHCoM platinums and am working on KH2. All I have left for that are 5 tournament entries, gummi ship missions, and critical mode.

My current goal is to finish up the tournament entries for Conqueror. I have the Goddess of Fate and the Paradox Battles left and I'm hoping they won't be too difficult, although they handful of times I've tried the Goddess of Fate recently all left me a few hundred points shy.

A recent personal victory for me was beating Data Axel and Data Xemnas. While the other Data XIII fights were difficult, I don't think any of them took me more than probably 6-8 tries. Data Axel took me almost two weeks of dying a bunch, going to do something else, trying again and dying a bunch more. It might not even be that hard of a fight, I just developed some kinda block to it. Anyway, they're down and I feel like everything else in the game is going to be easy.

I can't believe I didn't notice this thread sooner! Could I please be added?

Certainly! We welcome all who love this series to the ranks of the Heartless Hunters! (And yes, there are other enemies but Heartless were the original enemies.) Welcome to the thread! It's nice to see a fellow December baby like myself. B) Great luck with beating Data Xemnas! I know that I am going to have a hell of a time fighting him - beating him in the story is going to be tough as is!

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Sorry that I've been inactive on the thread for a while. :( I got sidetracked with the Ratchet and Clank trilogy and preparing for Plat Rain Dain. I'm putting the three Kingdom Hearts game on my list anyway as well as the R&C trilogy so I guess it doesn't really matter. I have been making decent progress on BBS the past two days though.

I did both Terra and Ventus's stories and started working on the Maestro trophy which really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. :P I never played BBS so going through their stories was really nice even though personally I prefer Ventus's story over Terra's. I'll start working on Aqua's story tomorrow and should hopefully have it done in the two days. Then I'll do the Final Episode and start working on the original Kingdom Hearts plat.

Trophies earned:4S8b86ba.png5Sd8a883.png18Sed3eb5.png33Scd03c8.png34Sf8649e.png35Saac71a.png36S05de8d.png37S28761c.png38S039cb8.png

All I can say is good luck. This is my first time playing BBS and I've never faced the Mysterious figure. I know how brutal he is though and my only advice would be to keep at it. Edited by Kent10201

I got sidetracked with the Ratchet and Clank trilogy and Platinum Rain Day

Nah, that's a good thing. I'm going to be working on a Platinum Rain Day list too and it'll have three R&C games on it, so I'll be rather busy in September. ;)

I'll put up a note on the games if they are used for Platinum Rain Day #3.

I did both Terra and Ventus's stories and started working on the Maestro trophy which really isn't as bad as everyone says it is. :P

Suffice it to say that some people are better at the rhythm than others, and that's what makes it more enjoyable. Congrats on your work on BBS. I'm almost done, just have a bunch of super-bosses and then the speed run of the Critical Mode for each character to get Critical Competitor. Been busy playing Ape Escape 2 on the PS4 so hadn't been doing anything KH related for a while.

My current goal is to finish up the tournament entries for Conqueror. I have the Goddess of Fate and the Paradox Battles left and I'm hoping they won't be too difficult, although they handful of times I've tried the Goddess of Fate recently all left me a few hundred points shy.

Start the 1st battle and let them hit you till you get in critical where you hear the siren.Then summon Stitch and move away from them so the camera will catch them all.Just stand there idle,Stitch will make them drop coins till your health gets around 50%.Let them hit you again and repeat.You don't need to use his Limit or mash square button.I remember in the last paradox cup with the 50 rounds,i had 15000 points in the first 6-7 rounds

• Like 1

It's finally time for me to update again! It would have been sooner but I went through hell and back to finish the BBS story the last couple of days. First my only Dualshock 3 broke and I refused to buy another onefor $45 at GameStop so I spent the Friday trying to fix it only to fail and buy one off of Amazon for $12. The only issue is that since it's labor day it won't be here until tommorow. :shakefist: Eventually I realized that I could connect my Dualshock 4 using bluetooth though and spent the last two days mindlessly grinding 5,000 unversed in the mirage arena so I could unlock the secret episode. I'm so glad it is finally over! :lol:  But the worst part is that I know that the grind for the plat is going to be about ten times longer. :facepalm: My mini rant is over so here is my progress for the week.

• I finished Aqua's story 
  • I finished the Final and Secret episodes 
  • I collected all the stickers and Xehanort reports
  • I worked on the Mirage Arena with Aqua 
  • I watched all of the re:coded cutscenes and got 100% in it.

Trophies earned:6S9c1280.png7S8ce8fc.png13Scfa7ad.png14S89577b.png20S665750.png39Sc61ac9.png40Sc6d3ad.png41Sf99cb0.png42Sadbf14.png

My next goal is to do the Kingdom Hearts speedrun on begginer while trying to get the Unchanging Armor and Undefeated trophies. However, it looks like my summer vaction...is over... :ninja:  on Wedsenday so progress will be much slower starting Thursday but I will try to stay as active as possible.