cheaper way?

Stargazer2600

So I know the yunalesca fight is coming and i remember when i played this for the PS2 I BARELY passed it. Well being older now i can plan better tactics and i wanna pack stone and zombie proof charms. Thing is i need Petrify Grenades and candle of life's

I can get the Grenades from certain fiends but they arnt guaranteed and the fiends are uncommon/rare to see but are in the arena for 1125 a match which gives me one a match
The candles come from Don Tonberry who i can fight in the arena for 8000 gil (gives me 2 a match)

i need quite a lot though and this is getting VERY costly. the candles alone are gonna run me 320,000 since i need 40 (takes 10 per character but i only need tidus, auron, yuna and lulu)

i haven't figured the grenades yet but i really don't wanna shell out that much just to make a few custom items for a boss.

anyone know any cheaper ways i can do this or maybe a way to cut the cost? anything?

Edited by Stargazer2600

Fill Aeons overdrives.They can only play for one turn but if you use all you can take care of her last form.Don't bother with zombieproof,it's not worth to grind anything before you can visit Omega Ruins.Also keep in mind that being zombie isn't bad.Megadeath will miss

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

Fill Aeons overdrives.They can only play for one turn but if you use all you can take care of her last form.Don't bother with zombieproof,it's not worth to grind anything before you can visit Omega Ruins.Also keep in mind that being zombie isn't bad.Megadeath will miss

but if all 3 characters go zombie, i lose 

Could just yojimbo her.

Zanmato only eliminates a single form (she has 3) so while i could do it 3rd form. it doesnt help against the first 2 (and i love yojimbo lol but zamato isnt a sure thing)

Zanmato only eliminates a single form (she has 3) so while i could do it 3rd form. it doesnt help against the first 2 (and i love yojimbo lol but zamato isnt a sure thing)

Why you lose if all 3 have zombie status?Anyway you could always use Remedy or Holy water to one of them.Try the overdrive method.Fill all Aeons except Yojimbo.You should use Yuna's overdrive to fill his.Throw them all on her 3rd form.Bahamut does a lot of damage.Used this method every time and it never failed me

Right. Hmm do you have holy and hastega yet? If not I would recommend getting those. And you want to keep atleast two characters in zombie since megadeath can't kill them with that status. Aeon strategy also works bahamut hits like a tank. Edited by ShadowStrike002

Right. Hmm do you have holy and hastega yet? If not I would recommend getting those. And you want to keep atleast two characters in zombie since megadeath can't kill them with that status. Aeon strategy also works bahamut hits like a tank.

yes, i ALWAYS have 99 max on potions, remedy, soft, etc and Tidus and Kimari does know Hastega

Why you lose if all 3 have zombie status?Anyway you could always use Remedy or Holy water to one of them.Try the overdrive method.Fill all Aeons except Yojimbo.You should use Yuna's overdrive to fill his.Throw them all on her 3rd form.Bahamut does a lot of damage.Used this method every time and it never failed me

Hasnt the Rule always been that if all 3 of your members go zombie or petrify then its game over? i could be mistaken

Zombie just means you can't use healing items or spells on yourself. There might be something I'm forgetting, but that's the main factor. Since she uses Megadeath, you need to take advantage of the zombie status in your favour. I think the strat was basically have 1 non-zombie member or something.

Hasnt the Rule always been that if all 3 of your members go zombie or petrify then its game over? i could be mistaken

Not in general... but yunalesca's 2nd form performs a magic that'll kill all zombie status characters...  trouble is in her 3rd is vice-versa....

On my last playthrough i was surprised how strong Auron had become, i defeated her quite easy... but if you think that's not the case, use the mentioned aeon overdrive strategy... always a good thing against strong bosses (welll only until postgame bosses :D )