psnprofile user can't sign back in?

Go to solution Solved by ruffedgz,

Hope am posting this in the right place.

My online friend "Sunspiritsinger" has had an acct here for a while. Did a clear browsing data on her computer and of course had to re sign-in to psnprofiles after. But when she tried it said invalid password. Puzzled, she went to "forgot password" and followed steps to re-set, entering the new 4 letter code on her ps3. But when she tried to log in she got the same invalid password. Has been 3 times now.

Must add she deals with downloading and transferring video's and such all day at work, so when she tells me she's entering the 4 digit code correctly, tend to believe her.

As she can't sign in she can't post here herself. Can anybody offer advice or be able to look at her acct and maybe see what's wrong? 

Will mention while she just got a ps4 she has not changed her ps3 (Or anything to do with her psn acct) and this all started before she picked up her ps4.

Edit: If have posted in wrong place, please tell how to find right forum, as couldn't find one myself.

Edited by Karmikazee

• Solution

I see that the account 'Sunspiritsinger' did try and access PSNP at one point (I see 'GHKY' when loading up the profile on the site).

If the user 'Sunspiritsinger' hasn't completed the signup process sucessfully, I would advise in doing it one more time as it can help get the user into the site or help reset the password as well.

• Go to the following page https://psnprofiles.com/login
  • Follow the steps on the right hand side panel only named 'Create a PSNProfiles.com Account or Reset Password'
  • Once the steps are followed and everything shows good, go into the accounts 'Setting' and make any changes needed

I dont doubt that the user 'Sunspiritsinger' was typing in the correct password but something isnt adding up and doing a reset of a password is the safest and easiest without getting Sly or anyone else involved.

Cheers!

That's quite odd since when I reset my password, it automatically logs me into my account afterwards. I would double check obvious things like if cookies are enabled, make sure to not be using Internet Explorer, etc. The fact that it's saying the password is wrong is the most confusing, so it's probably best just to restart the process with a new code and see if it was just some insignificant user error.

ruffedgz & Kittet3, thanks for responding. She doesn't use Internet Explorer, has tried on Goggle Chrome and Safari. From what I understand the problem occurs after she enters the new code into her ps3 then goes back to enter it into psnprofiles. It's such a basic process it really doesn't make sense. If was anyone but her would just caulk it up to silly user error. But she has actually helped me figure out much tougher things on my own computer in the past so I know better.

But will use ps4 party chat when she gets home from work tonight and go through the process step by step with her and see if can spot an issue. Thanks again. 

So went through it together and she's now back on and good to go! Neither of us is really sure what was wrong or why didn't work before, but it's all good now.

Still would like to know where I should have went for this or where to ask questions about the site. Lots of things I wonder about. Like why or how trophy names and such are different colors for different users, more info on custom profile pic's, things like that. Couldn't find anything appropriate under general forums.

So went through it together and she's now back on and good to go! Neither of us is really sure what was wrong or why didn't work before, but it's all good now.

Still would like to know where I should have went for this or where to ask questions about the site. Lots of things I wonder about. Like why or how trophy names and such are different colors for different users, more info on custom profile pic's, things like that. Couldn't find anything appropriate under general forums.

Glad to hear you got it figured out!

You went to the correct place for your question, that's what this subforum is for :) As for your other questions, I recommend using the search function on the forums since alot of them are pretty basic and have been answered before. Just search for some general terms about your question and you will find other threads with people going more in depth on each topic. I think there's some general knowledge threads floating around, perhaps someone more knowledgeable can link to them. Otherwise it's just learning as you go along and such.

Well it looks like she's good to go now, but from what I understand she kept changing the password on her PSN acc and not PSNP acc. The two passwords are separate and can be different. Maybe at last attempt she changed her PSN pass to her actual PSNP pass, that's why it worked. Unless you mean she accessed PSNP website on her PS3 when you say she entered the new code on her PS3, then I'm wrong.

PS: The different trophy name colors come from the background color chosen for PSN acc on PS3. ;)

Well it looks like she's good to go now, but from what I understand she kept changing the password on her PSN acc and not PSNP acc. The two passwords are separate and can be different. Maybe at last attempt she changed her PSN pass to her actual PSNP pass, that's why it worked. Unless you mean she accessed PSNP website on her PS3 when you say she entered the new code on her PS3, then I'm wrong.

PS: The different trophy name colors come from the background color chosen for PSN acc on PS3. ;)

Maybe my wording wasn't as clear as it could have been, what I meant is she would enter the new 4 letter code (received from psnp) in "about me" but when she she went back to psnp she would get invalid password. Obviously she was doing something wrong, but when I went through it with her yesterday, she followed all the steps perfectly. So it's all a bit odd.

Regarding the different colors, ha! Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. Thanks. :)