Levels Don't Say I've Completed Them?

demonoid321

So I just got this game recently for PS3 to go for the platinum. I went into the Popit Academy and I aced the first level but for some reason once I go back to my Pod it has the grey Sackboy face (which is a thing that pops up if you haven't finished the level) and the ace symbol isn't there as well even though I beat the level without dying. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, have you found a way to fix it?

LBP3 is a glitchy mess no matter what version you're playing, ps3 or ps4, this whole game need a serious update patch probably a patch worth 5 GB!! even though I never had any issue of completing both terms of the popit academy but I heard a lot's of people saying they have lost their save file of the popit academy halfway through wether by their save get corrupted or been forced to delete it them self due to a problem similar to yours.

on my way to plat this game my story mode progress got deleted on book three when I discovered the hidden portal, I played a community level from that portal and when the game was sending me back to my pod I got stuck on a never ending loading screen when I reset the game by going back to the XMB menu and rebooted it again my save file gone >_<

I actually have been updating my game for PS3 and its only 2/21 updates done and its almost a GB so far xD

those updates are just the key for the new DLC's, they do fix some of the bugs within the game, well kinda... as it's still broken though, probably two or three patches of fixes, but when it comes to DLC patche$ they release them like if it's raining DLC's every month just to cash in!

my version is the digital, it was 9.9GB, now it says 12GB.

I hope Sony will not going to sign up any contract with sumo digital to ruin another Playstation exclusive in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This just happened to me with the first level in Term 2 of the Poppit Academy. :(

I could try to completing and acing the level, then replay the level and exit back to the map and see if that works but if that doesn’t do anything i’ll be out of ideas?

I don’t even know if this has already been fixed by Sumo Digital. I am currently playing on a digital download copy of the PS3 version without any patches installed in case anyone wanted to know...

Edited by Skeptical69

Fortunately, after taking a break from the poppit puzzles I decided to complete / ace the “incomplete” level again to hope that this time, the game would register properly that I had completed the level.

One thing I noticed the moment I reached the scoreboard is the “spinning icon”, the animated symbol that appears at the bottom-left of the screen when the game saves your progress, started appearing for me whenever I complete a level. This was a good sign for me as I never recalled that symbol appearing on the screen whenever I completed any of the previous Poppit Puzzles.

Just as a precaution for completing the “incomplete” level specifically, I restarted it after completing/acing the level and being prompted to the options to replay it or return to the pod computer. When the level began that second time I paused the game and returned to my pod to view the Term 2 adventure map. The level I was stuck on had the amber-ish Sackboy face and spade (the completion and ace badges respectively) on the level badge and the level after that had unlocked properly.

I hope this is a definite solution for anyone who comes across this progress preventing bug. If this doesn’t fix the problem for others then I don’t know what else does!

Edited by Skeptical69