Request: option to sort games by release date

When you click on "Games" in the menu top, the default sorting option appears to be date ("latest"), which is great for seeing which games are new or have been added recently. Unfortunately, there's only one page of this and you can't go back in time indefinitely. I think it would be useful if all games were given a date (either a release date or a time stamp of when they were added to the site), so users could scan through a list of all the games they have been added since they last checked. I don't know about other people, but I often go weeks or months without paying attention to new releases, and then I find myself having to scan through ever-growing lists (usually alphabetically) in order to see if something new came out that looks interesting.

I don't see any way to do this currently, as clicking on any of the letter categories under "Games" only gives the option to sort games alphabetically or by owners, points, or difficulty, but I assume it wouldn't be too difficult to implement if "latest" is already a sorting option.

Similarly, I also think it would be useful if there was an option to only show games that contain a platinum. Sorting by points generally seems to put the platinum-containing games first, but the 100% games are still listed below them.

Not sure if anybody else would be interested in these things, but they were just some ideas I had.

• Like 2

It would be a shitload of effort, you'd need to be able to sort by different region release dates, digital or physical release dates, and so on. Bigger problem would be with games like Teslagrad that have one list for multiple machines, but weren't all released at once, would you go newest release or first release or would that cripple the whole system or what?

It would be a cool feature, but seems like a bunch more work than is worth. That being said, it really would be a cool feature.

• Like 2