Trophy/Game Discussion

johntatsi

For me, these are the best trophy images so far, the one's for the other games look kinda generic.

One thing I hate is that it's "EA SPORTS" instead of just "NHL 17", it'll be out of order now alphabetically in my trophy list.

Pumped for franchise mode though and the new unique trophies.

• Like 1

The list looks pretty normal, I'M suprised there's no hut play offs or div 1 trophy unless I'm blind. The 50 sets thing seems like the most annoying because that sounds like alot,though admittedly I didn't really do much hut in the beta and don't rember how sets work.this year.

• 2 weeks later...

91% complete with 5 trophies left.  Have yet to manage to join a team coming off an undefeated season in EASHL.  Will eventually need to join a league champion and playoff champion team.  Completing a limited time set is glitched at the moment otherwise I would have that.  And finally leveling up in EASHL to level 50 which as somebody that would rather be playing HUT and working on my team will suck.  

Got lucky and got an OT winner in only my second drop-in EASHL game.  Was worried that one would annoy me.  Ironically the game wouldn't have gone to OT if I didn't make an unintentional defensive error with 30 seconds left in the 3rd that led to the tying goal.  Redeemed myself to my team and got a trophy in the process haha.  You could tell everybody went into trophy hunter mode when it went to OT.  People that had been playing pass first were suddenly shooting on net every time they touched the puck.

50 sets was made a bit easier the other night since the World Cup of Hockey re-roll set only required a collectible.  So you could get one collectible, re-roll it 50 times or whatever you needed and then sell the collectible.  They have since added a gold collectible to it though since they must have realized people were doing that or re-rolling until they got the exact collectible they needed.  Keep an eye on future limited time sets in case another pops up where you can keep re-rolling a collectible etc. If you have patience you can also work the auction house for this.  For example there is a set for 10 gold coaches that gives you a gold collectible.  Gold collectibles sell in the 4-5k range so if you buy gold coaches for 400 or below you can just keep doing the set, selling the gold collectible and then buy 10 more coaches.  But obviously finding 500 gold coaches at 400 or less will be a pain.

The first Master Set with Bure isn't cheap but thankfully I had pack luck that allowed me to sell off most of my team and do that.  For the sake of others hopefully there are cheaper/easier sets and also not sets you will need to do in only two weeks.  Between the trophy, being somebody that will invest hour after hour into HUT until NHL 18 and as somebody that loves using Bure this set was a no brainer for me.  

An undefeated season in HUT seasons no longer requires online seasons.  Every single HUT and Draft Champions trophy can be done solo this year.

After you get the draft champions trophies out of the way by playing through it once don't bother with it.  The mode is a complete waste of time.  The 92 overall player sets which will require 100 wins are not master sets, they don't give you collectibles toward a future sets like the HUT Heroes do and worst of all you can't sell or trade the 92 overall players.  If you go 100-0 you are looking at roughly 40 hours of games for no further trophies, no HUT coins to show for it and a single 92 overall player.  In comparison 100 HUT wins would get you over 150k that can be used toward sets etc.  

For the new net battles and trophies related to them they are simple.  For the big shove one while locked as a defender hold triangle when on opposing player is near your teams crease and flick the right stick once you tie them up.  For the spin out one skate near your opponents crease and wait for a defender to tie you up then tap L2.  The other one just happened automatically for me while playing without even trying to get it.

Think that covers most of the new trophies or changes.  For others like developing 90+ players and other trophies present in NHL 16 just repeat what you did in 16 or use a 16 trophy guide.  For Maximum Promos see the other thread.

Edited by Hayabusa85

The limited time set trophy is now obtainable. The WCOH sets now have a timer below them so the problem seems to be that the sets were not set correctly and not that the trophy was glitched. There is a new pack which guarantees a WCOH collectible so the prices for those are crashing. You will likely be able to get one under 50k and then you could get a gold collectible for 4k, do the re-roll set and sell the new collectible to get most of your coin back.

• 2 weeks later...