Project Platinum: Monster Hunting

Satoshi Ookami

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have no new game to play and my quest for a PS4 is still fruitless, I decided to help my fellow hunters to achieve their plats.

So with the exception of Soul Sacrifice, RO and ROA (my PS3 is not with me), I can play any of the other games. If you guys and gals feel like it, just PM me and I will more than happily step on the battlefield again.

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Since I have no new game to play and my quest for a PS4 is still fruitless, I decided to help my fellow hunters to achieve their plats.

So with the exception of Soul Sacrifice, RO and ROA (my PS3 is not with me), I can play any of the other games. If you guys and gals feel like it, just PM me and I will more than happily step on the battlefield again.

I would probably take you up on your offer and ask for help with GE2RB to speed through the game with both of us spamming meteor, but since my internet connection won't be great due to me spending Christmas and New Year at my parents' house, it won't work. By the time I return, I'll have the plat in this game and no longer need help (not that I need help in the first place, it'd just be faster than me doing everything with the AI).

Maybe we can work on Freedom Wars or Toukiden Kiwami once I go back to this house in around two weeks. No guarantee though, I may not feel like playing one of these games right after completing a hunting game. I live in the UTC +1 timezone, would that work for you? I can make time in the evenings and sometimes in the afternoon starting at 2 or 3 pm.

29 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I would probably take you up on your offer and ask for help with GE2RB to speed through the game with both of us spamming meteor, but since my internet connection won't be great due to me spending Christmas and New Year at my parents' house, it won't work. By the time I return, I'll have the plat in this game and no longer need help (not that I need help in the first place, it'd just be faster than me doing everything with the AI).

Maybe we can work on Freedom Wars or Toukiden Kiwami once I go back to this house in around two weeks. No guarantee though, I may not feel like playing one of these games right after completing a hunting game. I live in the UTC +1 timezone, would that work for you? I can make time in the evenings and sometimes in the afternoon starting at 2 or 3 pm.

Waifu Wars is easy solo, I would suggest co-oping Toukiden.

5 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Waifu Wars is easy solo, I would suggest co-oping Toukiden.

I'm already at 82% in Toukiden: Kiwami, though. There's not that much left to do (except for some solo trophies, all Mitama, weapons and maybe one or two other trophies). I haven't started Waifu Wars yet. Why is it called Waifu Wars?

Edited by viech54

34 minutes ago, viech54 said:

It would be around midday for me, so it is fine. And, as Satoshi said, Freedom Wars is easy compared to Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice Delta for instance (but SS Delta has a pretty active community, so you can find help anytime). In Kiwami, the Solo trophies can be done in co-op, as long as every player meets the required criteria (I wish I knew that BEFORE having done every Solo challenge by myself).

Anyway, my offer still stands for every hunter here.

3 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Will most likely take you up on the offer next year. Hope you're still playing then.

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I once used it and... it somehow caught on =D

Since you have a companion, most people will create their ideal waifu so... Waifu Wars =D

I see, Waifu Wars it is, then xD.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Will most likely take you up on the offer next year. Hope you're still playing then.

I'll be ready by the time you'll go back to God Eater. Maybe we all can play together once in a while. Poor Aragami, though. Two people with fully upgraded equipment and you with whatever you can get should make short work of all of them.

Just had my first battle against Chrome Gawain. The mission itself was not that hard, it being the fourth mission in a row made it challenging. I failed twice due to not having enough to heal and then made some changes to my equipment. It was cake afterwards, I didn't even need to use one item in the first three quests and was fully prepared to unleash hell upon the Chrome Gawain. But I seriously need to upgrade my equipment now, or it'll get way harder than it needs to be.

Edited by viech54

Is it just me who thinks that some enemies in Rage Burst are not exactly balanced? There are enemies that deal more damage in chapter 8 than some bosses in chapter 12 (tested with chapter 12 tower shield).

I admit that I have yet to get used to a few of the new Aragami, but some seem not exactly fair. Thy all still go down first try, it's not that bad. It doesn't feel like I'm winning by being good against three of the new Aragami. I win because I can heal myself, not because I am skilled at fighting them. It's rare, I win most battles without the use of items, but still... Admittedly, I can't expect a perfect battle on first try, so maybe I should just fight them several times until I get better at predicting their moves and dodging/blocking/attacking without leaving me wide open afterwards.

The hit detection could also be better at times. It shouldn't be that I get hit while standing behind an Aragami that aims away from me. There's literally no attack animation anywhere near me, but I get damage. Another thing that happened was that I blocked, had enough stamina to take a hit and the attack went right through my shield as if I didn't block at all with a goddamn tower shield that pretty much covers me entirely. I wasn't facing away from the attack, that was not the reason I got hit. I'm also aware of unblockable attacks, the attack in question wasn't unblockable.

Anyway, let's see how well it goes to dispose of a Busterblade God Arc Soldier while fighting a Magna Gawain and a Silky. QUICK, USE A TRAP, WE HAVE TO TAKE THE SILKY HOME WITH US!! :P Too late, already meteor'd it, it's dead. Oh well, can't be helped.

Edited by viech54

Lo and Behold! Here is a hunter of Rank 8 among his peers, having also earned the stamp of Save... or Sacrifice as well.

Now only one challenge remains: an old battlefield, the Sundered Lands, long forgotten by friend and foe alike. Do I dare go back there, to a world that was swallowed by oblivion?

The Platinum Throne is just a stone's throw away... and yet it is still too far.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2016 at 2:40 AM, viech54 said:

Is it just me who thinks that some enemies in Rage Burst are not exactly balanced? There are enemies that deal more damage in chapter 8 than some bosses in chapter 12 (tested with chapter 12 tower shield).

Well... it happens =D

2 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Lo and Behold! Here is a hunter of Rank 8 among his peers, having also earned the stamp of Save... or Sacrifice as well.

Now only one challenge remains: an old battlefield, the Sundered Lands, long forgotten by friend and foe alike. Do I dare go back there, to a world that was swallowed by oblivion?

The Platinum Throne is just a stone's throw away... and yet it is still too far.

My friend, this is a noble deed. 

I congratulate thee. The challenge needs to be overcome!

Your rank is updated, you are once again farther from me =D

2 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

I'll join

I have the following plats:

Freedom Wars

God Eater Resurrection

Ragnarok Odyssey

Soul Sacrifice

this PP reminds me that i should go back and finish Toukiden already. And that i should start God Eater 2 soon.

Welcome among us, the glorious society of Ouroboros Hunters!

• Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3355-god-eater-2-rage-burst/viech54

The deed is done. The final grind was far more annoying than I thought it would be. The trophy description says 100 special missions, I had to do 121. Yeah, no way I failed that hard and added 21 missions to my txt file without actually doing them. Anyway, it's over, that's what counts in the end. Kinda fitting that I listened to a piece of music called "Awakening (The End of a Dream)" when I got the plat. I didn't plan for this, but it's a nice coincidence. Well, this was more like a nightmare, but still, a dream's a dream ^_^

This is my 3rd plat for this project, I can finally leave the Waifus alone and become an Intermediate Hunter. Now that I no longer have to kill them (yeah, I realized that's not your intended meaning), I expect a sudden increase in Waifus :awesome:

Edited by viech54

18 hours ago, viech54 said:

This is my 3rd plat for this project, I can finally leave the Waifus alone and become an Intermediate Hunter. Now that I no longer have to kill them (yeah, I realized that's not your intended meaning), I expect a sudden increase in Waifus :awesome:

Isn't that the best way to motivate rank up? :D

Promoted!

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

The wind howls. The sun, rising in the distance, welcomes me.

It takes a while, but I finally realize that my journey has come to an end, that I have reached the summit.

I look back, to the path I have overcome. The way lies empty where before were hordes of unimaginable foes.

A land of giant beings; a land of otherwordly demons; a technological and unfair future; a blighted, hopeless world; a world with man-made gods...

I can only hope others will make it here one day. That they, too, will win those seemingly impossible battles.

And here I wait. Alone with my victories.

Until a new battlefield needs me.

Because I am destined to fight. And I will always fight to win.

~ Van Ryker

And it is with great pleasure that I announce that I have attained this project's highest rank. It was not easy and I did not imagine that I would really get to it. When I got Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey, I really thought that I have picked challenges that could not be completed - mostly because of the online trophies, after all these are old games. Now I am a Hunter Rank 9, the Ultimate Monster Hunter, having also gotten the Road to Valhala stamp.

I would like to thank @Satoshi Ookami and for making this project and his words of encouragement as I posted my progress. I really enjoy this kind of game, but I would not have dared to play Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey if it were not for his comments.

If anyone needs help in any game, except RO: ACE (since I am still without my PS3), I will be more than happy to assist.

Now I have to wait for Toukiden 2 to get localized and defend this hard earned title. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

The wind howls. The sun, rising in the distance, welcomes me.

It takes a while, but I finally realize that my journey has come to an end, that I have reached the summit.

I look back, to the path I have overcome. The way lies empty where before were hordes of unimaginable foes.

A land of giant beings; a land of otherwordly demons; a technological and unfair future; a blighted, hopeless world; a world with man-made gods...

I can only hope others will make it here one day. That they, too, will win those seemingly impossible battles.

And here I wait. Alone with my victories.

Until a new battlefield needs me.

Because I am destined to fight. And I will always fight to win.

~ Van Ryker

And it is with great pleasure that I announce that I have attained this project's highest rank. It was not easy and I did not imagine that I would really get to it. When I got Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey, I really thought that I have picked challenges that could not be completed - mostly because of the online trophies, after all these are old games. Now I am a Hunter Rank 9, the Ultimate Monster Hunter, having also gotten the Road to Valhala stamp.

I would like to thank @Satoshi Ookami and for making this project and his words of encouragement as I posted my progress. I really enjoy this kind of game, but I would not have dared to play Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok Odyssey if it were not for his comments.

If anyone needs help in any game, except RO: ACE (since I am still without my PS3), I will be more than happy to assist.

Now I have to wait for Toukiden 2 to get localized and defend this hard earned title. :)

Wow! Congrats!! So what's it like lookin' down on us little people?

23 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wow! Congrats!! So what's it like lookin' down on us little people?

Thanks man. Answering your question:

The hunter wants to go and unleash mayhem on the enemies that block your progress...

... but the player knows that these victories are sweeter when you win with your own skills. So, I stand conflicted. ;)