Collectibles - Anyone know if there is a way to track them, or of any guides?

StrickenBiged

So I finished the story last night. Happily, there is a NG+ so I can explore the earlier levels with all my abilities.

I sort of expected that an in-game tracker would appear, to help you find all the collectibles in the game, or at least tell you when you've found everything in an area. Anyone know if there is one and I just might have missed it?

Does anyone know if there are any collectible guides up? If there is, my Google-fu is failing me and I can't find them... 

Thanks all. 

I found this list online. Without any way to check where you found stuff though, it's not all that helpful:

Wendigo Lake:

1 Acorn door (off the beaten path along the West side of the lake)
4 Energy capacitors (partial energy upgrade)
1 Energy canister (Full energy upgrade)
7 Medallions

Susurrus:

3 Acorn doors (one is crit path, one is located at the Landshark camp, one is located in the North-West corner of the level)
11 Energy capacitors
2 Energy canisters
14 Medallions

Titan Rock:

2 Acorn doors (one if crit path, the other is almost immediately after)
9 Energy capacitors
1 Energy canister
15 Medallions

Soma Facility:

1 Acorn door (in dark hall near end of level before hitting button to open bay doors)
9 Energy capacitors
1 Energy canister
8 Medallions

Soma Reactor Core:

0 Acorn door
3 Energy capacitors
0 Energy canisters
5 Medallions

Camp Henday:

1 Acorn door (in cave section near where the player picks up the magnetic core upgrade)
9 Energy capacitors
1 Energy canister
17 Medallions

Proving Grounds:

2 Acorn doors (one is on the crit path, the other is up high along the cliff walls near the beginning of the Pathfinder training forest)
8 Energy capacitors
0 Energy canisters
9 Medallions

Smoke Lake:

1 Acorn door (near the level start in the ancient ruins area)
7 Energy capacitors
1 Energy canister
5 Medallions

Aha!

Found an "all achievements" PT on YT. Will watch this later. Posting here to help me find it again over the weekend:

• 4 weeks later...

I found this list online. Without any way to check where you found stuff though, it's not all that helpful:

Aha!

Found an "all achievements" PT on YT. Will watch this later. Posting here to help me find it again over the weekend:

Thinking about buying this today so thanks for the video link. What did you think of the game? I have Slender - The Arrival but I haven't played it yet.

Thinking about buying this today so thanks for the video link. What did you think of the game? I have Slender - The Arrival but I haven't played it yet.

I really enjoyed it. It's not the most technically accomplished game - there are a few bits where it starts to stutter, drop frames or encounter audio glitches, and the graphics would be fairly standard on last gen - but where it matters, gameplay, I thought there was a lot to like. 

Read a review or two if you're on the fence. Personally, I enjoyed the momentum/leaping mechanics that it lifted from Sonic. Then there are one or two other sequences later in the game where you'll be grinning like a loon if you're anything like me. (I don't want to spoil them).

By the way, I wrote a guide for the game after getting the plat. Link is in my sig.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/3/2021 at 7:14 PM, Ptirle said:

As the guy who hates pointless collectibles in any game, this game is the king of the most irritating collectibles ever. Isnt there any guide that takes you straight to the collectibles?? 

I am with you 100% on this, man.

I started and finished this game about 6-7 years ago. I enjoyed it first time around.

But after all those years of it nagging me to return n clean it up, I'd rather jump off a bridge. No proper guide out there.

Shitty collectibles. I am doing chapter select following a dodgy guide on YouTube. Such a huge waste of time this is.

I am hating every second of it. This is gonna take me hours to earn my last 4 x trophies, then the platinum. Yawn...

Did you ever finish the game? Just curious. Edit - you n me are missing the same trophies. Lol

After staring at the Valley incomplete on my profile all of those years, I have to try and complete it.

The madness is two-fold.

1. Almost 7 years staring at the remaining trophies.

2. Playing it again to get platinum. Yawn.

The crap we gamers and trophy hunters go through some times.

I will be so pissed if I invest a few hours into trying to Platinum this crap, and I end up missing something.

Oh, the pain.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1